+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Emphalea (3. boss archive of flesh sle) and warlock dots

Rift Disciple

Default Emphalea (3. boss archive of flesh sle) and warlock dots

Emphaela auto-cleansed all my damage over time effects immediately, rendering warlock useless in this encounter. Is that intended behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeasike View Post
    Emphaela auto-cleansed all my damage over time effects immediately, rendering warlock useless in this encounter. Is that intended behavior?
    I've personally never experienced this and I've run that dungeon more times than I care to admit.

I know this will sound a tad silly, but are you sure you didn't accidentally click or hit the Warlock ability 'Salvage Corruption'?
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    I've personally never experienced this and I've run that dungeon more times than I care to admit.

I know this will sound a tad silly, but are you sure you didn't accidentally click or hit the Warlock ability 'Salvage Corruption'?
    I think it's a system bug. No matter what dungeon/raid im in, bosses always cleanse my Bard debuffs
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
    I think it's a system bug. No matter what dungeon/raid im in, bosses always cleanse my Bard debuffs
    Maybe someone is over writing them?

The only two scenarios I experience debuff cleansing in is large open world bosses such as Volan and also on training dummies when I run away from them.

If it's happening quite often, it might be a good idea to record it and post a video here so we can try and find the source of it
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    It was not a matter of accitentally clicking "salvage corruption" or anything. I wasn't able to make a single dot stick during the whole fight and we wiped due to lack of dps as a result and I had to switch spec. I ran all other bosses in warlock spec that same run without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
    I hope this is a tongue-in-cheek post.

While we are at this boss, TRION, please make the flood not affect pets anymore...
    Guild: Moloch
    Rogue: Superpac
    Cleric: Ihu
    Warrior: Bradpete
    4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 5/5 PBB, 1/4 BoB

I've never seen this happen. However, she has interrupted literally every void barrage I've ever done on her. Not even void bolts, just barrages. Selective son of a fish
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 03-24-2014 at 08:28 AM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Quote Originally Posted by Pacpac View Post
    While we are at this boss, TRION, please make the flood not affect pets anymore...
    I can keep my beacon alive just fine through the fight

But yeah I've literally never seen dots drop off in any other class so please record logs or a video if you can reproduce it because that sounds really neat.
    Last edited by BelZoness; 03-24-2014 at 10:59 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Same thing happens on the volan world event for me, unsure about this boss though.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    I've never seen this happen. However, she has interrupted literally every void barrage I've ever done on her. Not even void bolts, just barrages. Selective son of a fish
    Maybe you shouldn`t cast/channel a spell before her aoe dmg interrupt :P
    It`s the only dmg you can`t avoid in this fight besides tank dmg.

Rift Chaser

I've noticed this happening on this boss. This also happens on the 2nd and 3rd phase of Volan.
    If you are going to cross thin ice, you might as well dance across.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    Her spear attack that targets party members interrupts casts and channels.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 03-25-2014 at 01:50 AM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

My immediate thought would be a mob's max debuff #, which may make sense for world bosses and perhaps raids with an exceptionally large number of folks using specs that puts up a laundry list of debuffs.

... but neither would seem to apply to a boss in a 5 man dungeon
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

+ Reply to Thread