+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Consumables

Soulwalker

Default Consumables

so what are the ideal flask and food buff or w/e for this game at lvl 60? i seen like 10 endurance, dex food etc but that seemed rly rly old. thx for the help

Ascendant

'ideal' really depends on the situation... (solo/group/dungeon/raid/...) and the role (tank/dps/support/heals) as well as class of course.... with the above (lack of) information we can't really help

Last edited by Faerugue; 03-17-2014 at 05:10 AM.

Well, depending on the class and how rich you are might become a factor.
    If you are a rogue then you'd want Remarkable/Exceptional whetstones together with a
    stellar or prime Powersurge vial. The raid should also have a feast of domination.
    A caster like mage would you stellar/prime Brightsurge vial with a Coruscating or Lumiescent powerstone together with a feast.
    If you are a tank, that dont really 'care' about having maximum minmaxing its fine using planar ability buffs, such as +dex/wisdom/str or something like that plus a feast and stellar/prime enduring vial
    -Finally done-
    Last Dawn@Zaviel
    Puzzles are hard

My favorite consumables specialy for raids are couple of cold beers and maybe a pack of potato chips

Seatin has a youtube video that should just about cover it. I'll continue on explaining as well though.

RIFT is slightly more complicated than WoW in this department.

The RIFT equivalent to flasks are vials. The "Prime" vials are the top tier but most people take a step down and use the "Stellar" vials as they are much less expensive and only provide five fewer of the desired stat. I'm not going to link each of the three types but you can find them by searching for "powersurge", "enduring", or "brightsurge".

Weaponstones and powerstones are very important. For melee you need Remarkable Oilstone or Remarkable Whetstone and for casters you will need Coruscating Powerstone. There are lesser versions of these as well but the relic ones really aren't too expensive at this point considering how few of them you will use relative to the other consumables.

One type of consumable that most people do not take advantage of are the movement speed consumables. Insoles are an absolute requirement as they increase your runspeed. Comfortable Insoles aren't very expensive and well worth it. There is even a relic version called Exceptional Insoles if you can afford it. One of the most widely neglected movement speed consumables is the Quickening Brew. These can be a lifesaver.

For food you will general use feasts which are similar to banquets in WoW. You're basically looking at using Feast of Domination or Feast of Vengeance the former being the PvE version and the latter PvP.

Now, that's the basics. Past that you have rift consumables and various mana/hp/utility potions that exists on various cooldowns. These are not important to know initially.

Seatin touched on crit vials and was spot on in saying that they are very, very expensive. You chew through them, sometimes multiple vials for a single pull. There are also vials to negate crown control and such but we won't go into that since they are mainly used for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    Seatin has a youtube video that should just about cover it. I'll continue on explaining as well though.

RIFT is slightly more complicated than WoW in this department.

The RIFT equivalent to flasks are vials. The "Prime" vials are the top tier but most people take a step down and use the "Stellar" vials as they are much less expensive and only provide five fewer of the desired stat. I'm not going to link each of the three types but you can find them by searching for "powersurge", "enduring", or "brightsurge".

Weaponstones and powerstones are very important. For melee you need Remarkable Oilstone or Remarkable Whetstone and for casters you will need Coruscating Powerstone. There are lesser versions of these as well but the relic ones really aren't too expensive at this point considering how few of them you will use relative to the other consumables.

One type of consumable that most people do not take advantage of are the movement speed consumables. Insoles are an absolute requirement as they increase your runspeed. Comfortable Insoles aren't very expensive and well worth it. There is even a relic version called Exceptional Insoles if you can afford it. One of the most widely neglected movement speed consumables is the Quickening Brew. These can be a lifesaver.

For food you will general use feasts which are similar to banquets in WoW. You're basically looking at using Feast of Domination or Feast of Vengeance the former being the PvE version and the latter PvP.

Now, that's the basics. Past that you have rift consumables and various mana/hp/utility potions that exists on various cooldowns. These are not important to know initially.

Seatin touched on crit vials and was spot on in saying that they are very, very expensive. You chew through them, sometimes multiple vials for a single pull. There are also vials to negate crown control and such but we won't go into that since they are mainly used for PvP.
    Your point on Quickening Brews wouldn't hurt from even more emphasis. I cannot count the number of times I've heard an excuse about not making some sort of transition due to being too slow or run speed buff on cooldown etc.

Further, the new mirror consumables provide a nice 15% run speed boost for 2 minutes. I use these mostly on wall phase 2 of the Inyr'Kta encounter because they can help when you get the gaps at either end of the wall and have to make that long run.

Soulwalker

wow everyone, thanks for all the help.

+ Reply to Thread