+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Need advice on Salvarola duties

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Pacpac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    47

    Default Need advice on Salvarola duties

    I'm fairly new to raid leading and setting up raids so i need some pointers for Salvarola setup.

    Which of the two healers (puri & chloro) do you think is best to heal the tank with most adds on 2nd phase? I was thinking about letting the choro be on him, and the puri on the tank with the Empowered (while throwing out shields on the other tank and other players ofc).

    How do you guys usually split the players on Lord of Blood/Flames? I would like to hear about a setup with defiler and one without.

    I should mention that i already killed Salvarola on my cleric, while playing puri, but it all felt like it was too close to fail with the setup we had. So i rather fine tune it a bit.
    Last edited by Pacpac; 03-15-2014 at 02:16 AM.
    Guild: Moloch
    Rogue: Superpac
    Cleric: Ihu
    Warrior: Bradpete
    4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 5/5 PBB, 1/4 BoB

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    151

    Default

    It doesn't really matter which healer is on which tank. Technically chloro is slightly better on the add tank if he chooses to natural splendor on the pack of adds.

    Splitting depends on your raid but with the regular composition (2 tanks, 2 healers, defiler, bard, pyrochon, 3 dps) you would normally put 2 highest dpsers on one boss and pretty much everyone else on the other. Might need to put the chloro on the 1st one as well. It also really depends on who are the dpsers. For example, a good warlock will be dual dotting both adds, so you just have to adjust accordingly.

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara Wilkoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    707

    Default

    I wrote this for our guilds other Pyro/Harbichons to help with their progressions runs. You might find it useful:

    Salvarola

    Preferred Spec = Harbichon with Blademark.

    Pre-pull: Spam Illuminate to build charge, put up auras during ready check, don't forget Lightning Blade, Eldrich Armour and toggle Charged Blade on.

    Opening pull I use: Illuminate (just before the pull), Crumbling Resistance, Ashen Defence, Piercing Beam, Blazing Light.

    During the first burn phase call for Orchestra of the Planes (OotP) and Wild Growth (WG) at the same time about 5 or 6 seconds in.

    When the wisp drops move out of melee (you can still spam Lucent Slash), target the wisp, cast Blademark on it, swap back to Salv and hammer Lucent Slash (ideally with Luminous weapon active) and fire and procs in.

    Avoid the Lasers but keep spamming Lucent and Eldrich Procs while you run.

    Second burn swap back to Lightning Blade, drop Lava Field on your first Eldrich Proc. Get Piercing Beam and Blazing back up if they dropped off. DPS hard until 2nd wisp appears. Move back from melee range, don't try and BM this one.

    Second Laser phase - avoid the Lasers but keep spamming Lucent and Eldrich Procs while you run.

    By the end of Lasers Salv should be at around 68% - 70% so P2 will start immediately. You have about 5 or 6 seconds of burn time before the add gets empowered.

    The next bit is very important. While you are burning keep an eye on the target of your target. You will notice Salvarola targets an add for about half a second. When that happens it's your job to hit a macro. I think it is:

    target @targettarget
    mark 1

    Assuming you have Assist privileges this will select the add that is getting empowered and mark it with a 1 to help out your team mates. You must immediately then debuff it with Ashen Defence and Crumbling Resistance, then hit another macro:

    cast Blademark
    targetlasttarget

    This will put you back onto Salvarola but BM will be up on the empowered add. Now go nuts with your best ST DPS. Don't use any LF or OotP or it will heal Salv. Note - Blademark will only cast on your target if you are facing it and it's in range. The tanks take the adds to the same place every time so get used to standing in the right place facing them.

    By the time BM ends the empowered will be dead and Salv will be down to around 60% leaving an easy burn to 50%.

    Start of P3, swap to Luminous Weapon and AoE dem wisps down, back to Lightning Blade when the AoEing is done. You then need to target the other tanks Lord (I click on the tank and then hit 'F' to select his target). Get Ashen and Crumbling up on it, then click on your Lord and do the same. By now Lasers are about to come - RUN.

    When Lasers finish and people are in place call for OotP, WG and cast Flaring Power. This is the time to really take a chunk of their health off - circa 50% each is possible.

    Lasers again - RUN.

    While you are running you could consider casting BladeMark on the other Lord. If you do, be aware the discrepancy in health will swing massively. If it goes over 10% the lower one will equalise with the higher one so either go easy or ask one of their team to DPS yours a bit more.

    Next burn drop Lava Field on the first Eldrich proc and burn burn burn.

    Once the Lords are dead, don't do what I do and stand in melee thinking Salv will roll over. You'll still get the red circle around Salvs feet before the flames as in P1.

    That's it. Once you get used to it it's pretty easy.


    We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

    CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I wrote this for our guilds other Pyro/Harbichons to help with their progressions runs. You might find it useful:

    Salvarola

    Preferred Spec = Harbichon with Blademark.

    Pre-pull: Spam Illuminate to build charge, put up auras during ready check, don't forget Lightning Blade, Eldrich Armour and toggle Charged Blade on.

    Opening pull I use: Illuminate (just before the pull), Crumbling Resistance, Ashen Defence, Piercing Beam, Blazing Light.

    During the first burn phase call for Orchestra of the Planes (OotP) and Wild Growth (WG) at the same time about 5 or 6 seconds in.

    When the wisp drops move out of melee (you can still spam Lucent Slash), target the wisp, cast Blademark on it, swap back to Salv and hammer Lucent Slash (ideally with Luminous weapon active) and fire and procs in.

    Avoid the Lasers but keep spamming Lucent and Eldrich Procs while you run.

    Second burn swap back to Lightning Blade, drop Lava Field on your first Eldrich Proc. Get Piercing Beam and Blazing back up if they dropped off. DPS hard until 2nd wisp appears. Move back from melee range, don't try and BM this one.

    Second Laser phase - avoid the Lasers but keep spamming Lucent and Eldrich Procs while you run.

    By the end of Lasers Salv should be at around 68% - 70% so P2 will start immediately. You have about 5 or 6 seconds of burn time before the add gets empowered.

    The next bit is very important. While you are burning keep an eye on the target of your target. You will notice Salvarola targets an add for about half a second. When that happens it's your job to hit a macro. I think it is:

    target @targettarget
    mark 1

    Assuming you have Assist privileges this will select the add that is getting empowered and mark it with a 1 to help out your team mates. You must immediately then debuff it with Ashen Defence and Crumbling Resistance, then hit another macro:

    cast Blademark
    targetlasttarget

    This will put you back onto Salvarola but BM will be up on the empowered add. Now go nuts with your best ST DPS. Don't use any LF or OotP or it will heal Salv. Note - Blademark will only cast on your target if you are facing it and it's in range. The tanks take the adds to the same place every time so get used to standing in the right place facing them.

    By the time BM ends the empowered will be dead and Salv will be down to around 60% leaving an easy burn to 50%.

    Start of P3, swap to Luminous Weapon and AoE dem wisps down, back to Lightning Blade when the AoEing is done. You then need to target the other tanks Lord (I click on the tank and then hit 'F' to select his target). Get Ashen and Crumbling up on it, then click on your Lord and do the same. By now Lasers are about to come - RUN.

    When Lasers finish and people are in place call for OotP, WG and cast Flaring Power. This is the time to really take a chunk of their health off - circa 50% each is possible.

    Lasers again - RUN.

    While you are running you could consider casting BladeMark on the other Lord. If you do, be aware the discrepancy in health will swing massively. If it goes over 10% the lower one will equalise with the higher one so either go easy or ask one of their team to DPS yours a bit more.

    Next burn drop Lava Field on the first Eldrich proc and burn burn burn.

    Once the Lords are dead, don't do what I do and stand in melee thinking Salv will roll over. You'll still get the red circle around Salvs feet before the flames as in P1.

    That's it. Once you get used to it it's pretty easy.
    good thing he didnt ask for harbchon tips, but healer tips, also just ignore adds, just kill salv, you no longer need to kill the empowered add, with the dps raids now have it shouldnt be a problem, just manage your dps and stop it at 76-77% when you get soul incineration start your burn till 50%

  5. #5
    Shadowlander Pacpac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Thanks for all the input, guys.

    @Zandalia: a bit harder to find that kind of dps in a pug
    Guild: Moloch
    Rogue: Superpac
    Cleric: Ihu
    Warrior: Bradpete
    4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 5/5 PBB, 1/4 BoB

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara Wilkoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zandalia View Post
    good thing he didnt ask for harbchon tips, but healer tips, also just ignore adds, just kill salv, you no longer need to kill the empowered add, with the dps raids now have it shouldnt be a problem, just manage your dps and stop it at 76-77% when you get soul incineration start your burn till 50%
    a) He asked for advice on Salvarola duties - not healer duties.

    b) Please don't assume that because your group can ignore the empowered adds that everyone can.

    I can't believe people can write unhelpful replies like this in response to a genuinely helpful post. It makes me wonder if there is any point trying to help people at all!


    We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

    CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    During the first burn phase call for Orchestra of the Planes (OotP) and Wild Growth (WG) at the same time about 5 or 6 seconds in.
    Only bad support wait 5-6 seconds. Orchestra and WG should be up within 2 seconds of pull or you are just wasting burst potential.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Chloro on add tank, Puri on other. Both take care of wisp guy.
    Healers should coordinate cooldowns with tanks and other healers. Especially if you are doing two add salvarola.
    Chloro should use brain when to bloom/symbiosis alternative targets than your synthesis tank (wisp guy,boss tank). Keep withering and radiant up. Use raid cds wisely.
    Best tanking setup to run with is probably Cleric and Rogue tank but other kinds of setups work too. Rogue tank should rotate his cooldowns, starting from Defer death. He shouldnt use other cooldowns until it has riggered or expired. Then start rotating your mitigation and shield cds.
    Ambroo- Apotheosys

  9. #9
    xxs
    xxs is offline
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Only bad support wait 5-6 seconds. Orchestra and WG should be up within 2 seconds of pull or you are just wasting burst potential.
    2sec requires pre-charge at least for mages and bard can pull only 1 debuff before casting orchestra (unless getting combat points pre-fight too to save riff which is overkill imo).
    OTOH, Archon should not be using illuminate with a bard present.
    Last edited by xxs; 03-15-2014 at 12:37 PM.

  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxs View Post
    2sec requires pre-charge at least for mages and bard can pull only 1 debuff before casting orchestra (unless getting combat points pre-fight too to save riff which is overkill imo).
    OTOH, Archon should not be using illuminate with a bard present.
    mages should pre-charge before the fight anyways (with illuminate nonetheless) and bards only need 1 debuff which actually isnt instantly needed if your archon casts illuminate pre pull.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxs View Post
    2sec requires pre-charge at least for mages and bard can pull only 1 debuff before casting orchestra (unless getting combat points pre-fight too to save riff which is overkill imo).
    OTOH, Archon should not be using illuminate with a bard present.
    Why in the world would a chloro not have full charge before the boss pull?

  12. #12
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggity View Post
    Why in the world would a chloro not have full charge before the boss pull?
    Natural Healing is hard!
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

  13. #13
    RIFT Guide Writer usman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxs View Post
    2sec requires pre-charge at least for mages and bard can pull only 1 debuff before casting orchestra (unless getting combat points pre-fight too to save riff which is overkill imo).
    OTOH, Archon should not be using illuminate with a bard present.
    Archon can illuminate boss pre-pull to build charge, chloro can use healing spells, bard needs only to hit orchestra and apply CoJ. (can slack on CoJ for the first 15-20s as illuminate is up from the archon making charge)
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.


  14. #14
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Archon should also help cleanse (esp. in a pug), there's a pretty heavy hitting dot put on a random player later in the fight
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

  15. #15
    Shield of Telara Wilkoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Only bad support wait 5-6 seconds. Orchestra and WG should be up within 2 seconds of pull or you are just wasting burst potential.
    I'd be keen to hear your comments as to why this is the case. I don't allow the big DPS boosts to go up until as a minimum we have Illuminate (will be up pre-pull), Ashen Defence, Crumbling Resistance, Volcanic Eruption (1.5 sec cast) and Earthen Barrage (1.5 sec cast). That's 5 seconds of pre-buff build up. Also, Harbingers will want to use EA but they need to get Piercing, Blazing and 3 stacks of Rending up first - that's 5 secs of GCDs. We also want Lethal Poison up during the burn window, there is no guarantee that would be up after 2 seconds but it would almost certainly be up after 4 or 5 seconds.

    I appreciate Warriors are very keen to get on the DPS instantly but I think overall those extra couple of seconds of build up time mean an overall increase in buff stacking and therefore higher raid wide DPS output. The only situation I can think of where it could be a DPS loss would be if the fight ended at exactly the end of the last OotP or LF so 3 secs would be 'wasted' by delaying at the start.

    All our DPS know exactly when the boosts are going to happen so they sort their opening rotation accordingly to match up.


    We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

    CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts