+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RoughRaptorsOld

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tier 3 Raid Testing: Maelforge

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Tier 3 Raid Testing: Maelforge

Greetings,

The tier 3 encounter Bindings of Blood: Maelforge is up on the public test server and ready for initial testing. Beginning on March 11th, I'll be seeking a few groups to help determine the consequences of trapping 20 people on a platform surrounded by lava with a ball of nuclear fuel approaching critical mass at the center. Additionally, your help in testing Maelforge would be appreciated. If you're interested in participating, send me a PM to schedule a time. You may also test on your own while skipping to Maelforge (via the testing cube near the entrance) and PM feedback directly.

Disclaimer: As usual the VFX are placeholder, lack of tuning may result in some mechanics being impossibly difficult. Mechanics and numbers are subject to change as testing progresses.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

And you might you be? :-O

Quote Originally Posted by DEV_Anony View Post
    I'll be seeking a few groups to help determine the consequences of trapping 20 people on a platform surrounded by lava with a ball of nuclear fuel approaching critical mass at the center.
    20 deaths, I guarantee it.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    C'mon, even I know him.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    That moment where everybody actually pauses and waits for a developer to introduce himself to a well-known player

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    That moment where everybody actually pauses and waits for a developer to introduce himself to a well-known player
    Rhetorical question is...semi-rhetorical :-P

Just to troll a little,

Are you planning to bug the encounter afterward (on live), like you did for ID in the past (I still wonder if it's actually fixed lol) ? The crit torrent, the buggy red/yellow ae, maelforge stuck in the air trolling the raid, the tank ae smaller than they should be, etc.
    I truly hope that you put those hotfix (or hotbug) in the garbage !
    /trolloff

I'm sure we'll come pass by to see what you've done with him on pts someday ;) .
    Lanfeara@Brisesol

Quote Originally Posted by DEV_Anony View Post
    Greetings,

The tier 3 encounter Bindings of Blood: Maelforge is up on the public test server and ready for initial testing. Beginning on March 11th, I'll be seeking a few groups to help determine the consequences of trapping 20 people on a platform surrounded by lava with a ball of nuclear fuel approaching critical mass at the center. Additionally, your help in testing Maelforge would be appreciated. If you're interested in participating, send me a PM to schedule a time. You may also test on your own while skipping to Maelforge (via the testing cube near the entrance) and PM feedback directly.

Disclaimer: As usual the VFX are placeholder, lack of tuning may result in some mechanics being impossibly difficult. Mechanics and numbers are subject to change as testing progresses.
    Did you already fix the VFX of the "dispell npc" which radiated a purple cloud of particles which reduced my fps under 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanfeara View Post
    Just to troll a little,

Are you planning to bug the encounter afterward (on live), like you did for ID in the past (I still wonder if it's actually fixed lol) ? The crit torrent, the buggy red/yellow ae, maelforge stuck in the air trolling the raid, the tank ae smaller than they should be, etc.
    /trolloff

I'm sure we'll come pass by to see what you've done with him on pts someday ;) .
    It hadn't actually occurred to me, but now that you mentioned it there were quite a number of bugs with the dragon encounters that were just kinda swept under the rug and forgotten about as that content became obsolete.

And if they took that old code as a whole and spruced it up a bit with new moving parts, I wouldn't be at all surprise if some (or more likely, all) of the old bugs that were never fixed showed back up again.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

I'm wondering if you guys can do mechanics that's something like...

[ Egg Drop ]

- Maelforge flies into the distance and lands (at certain angle, kind of like Akylios directly in front).
    - AOE denotes an area the Egg will drop onto, Players have X seconds to get out of the way. Damage taken is scaled by distance from the center of the drop-zone.
    - Shortly after the Egg has landed Maelforge will begin his Breath Attack in which the entire raid needs to get out of Line-of-Sight from Maelforge using the Egg that had dropped.
    - Maelforge will incinerate the Egg with his Breath, and it will hatch (Warming up an egg). Add Phase starts.

[ Add Phase ]

- Tank Swap Mechanic on the add.
    - More Add mechanics for difficulty sake.
    - Maelforge will constantly spit out Fire Balls which turn into Flame Waves that does not follow a specific pattern (general idea is wherever his spit lands, e.g. it lands on one side, the wave will make its way across the room at least). What I'm generally thinking of here is "he" considers himself a much superior being, thus decides to play with us before finally deciding to annihilate us himself.
    - DPS Check essentially, if you don't kill the add in-time, you're going to get stuck with a lot of waves.

[ The Rest ]

- Haven't thought this far yet.

Not sure if these are dumb ideas or whether or not they'd be helpful for future implementations.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Lanfeara View Post
    Just to troll a little,

/trolloff

The fight has significantly changed from the original encounter. I will remain vigilant for those issues, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Did you already fix the VFX of the "dispell npc" which radiated a purple cloud of particles which reduced my fps under 1?
    Yes, though I do not believe that fix is on PTS at this time. Until the update is made, you may wish to reframe interacting with Nazim.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    It hadn't actually occurred to me, but now that you mentioned it there were quite a number of bugs with the dragon encounters that were just kinda swept under the rug and forgotten about as that content became obsolete.

And if they took that old code as a whole and spruced it up a bit with new moving parts, I wouldn't be at all surprise if some (or more likely, all) of the old bugs that were never fixed showed back up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Byaku View Post
    I'm wondering if you guys can do mechanics that's something like...

[ Egg Drop ]

- Maelforge flies into the distance and lands (at certain angle, kind of like Akylios directly in front).
    - AOE denotes an area the Egg will drop onto, Players have X seconds to get out of the way. Damage taken is scaled by distance from the center of the drop-zone.
    - Shortly after the Egg has landed Maelforge will begin his Breath Attack in which the entire raid needs to get out of Line-of-Sight from Maelforge using the Egg that had dropped.
    - Maelforge will incinerate the Egg with his Breath, and it will hatch (Warming up an egg). Add Phase starts.

[ Add Phase ]

- Tank Swap Mechanic on the add.
    - More Add mechanics for difficulty sake.
    - Maelforge will constantly spit out Fire Balls which turn into Flame Waves that does not follow a specific pattern (general idea is wherever his spit lands, e.g. it lands on one side, the wave will make its way across the room at least). What I'm generally thinking of here is "he" considers himself a much superior being, thus decides to play with us before finally deciding to annihilate us himself.
    - DPS Check essentially, if you don't kill the add in-time, you're going to get stuck with a lot of waves.

[ The Rest ]

- Haven't thought this far yet.

Not sure if these are dumb ideas or whether or not they'd be helpful for future implementations.
    There are no bad ideas, only poor executions of grand ideas. Although I may not always be able to act on it, brainstorming is often inspirational and always welcome with feedback. Please feel free to keep it coming.
    Last edited by DEV_Anony; 03-11-2014 at 10:53 AM.

+ Reply to Thread