+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Suggestions and Discussion About Loot [IG + PBB]

Champion of Telara

Default Suggestions and Discussion About Loot [IG + PBB]

Hello tier 2 raiders!

Over the course of when IG + PBB was released until now, it seems as though cleric and mage relics are extremely common drops over rogue and warrior relics. Trion has admitted in the past that loot tables have been screwy, is this the case now? It seems that way for me, what about all of you? What have your drops been like?

I've only ever seen 1 DPS warrior relic and maybe 2 rogue tanking relics, but countless cleric and mage relics off of Volan and countless mage relics off of Abominus.

Suggestions and Discussion
    1) I would like Trion to review the drop rates of these relics. Since there has been issues with drop rates in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if something went wonky when IG and PBB came out.

2) How would the community feel if we had two relics off of each boss drop each week? The heart would be included in this as well. So it would look like - relic, relic, heart, helm (or) chest. I'm not exactly a fan of increasing the amount of loot to drop, but how does everyone else feel about that idea? The downside I see to this is people get geared too quickly potentially, and therefore feel less inclined to raid content they don't need anything from.

3) Ignoring Volan and Planebreaker for a minute, how would the community feel if we improved the way loot is dropped off the previous bosses? For example, Eggtenders right now always drops 1 belt and 1 necklace. What if that were to change where the two items that do drop include the entire loot table? For example, two necklaces every once in a while or two belts. I'm a fan of this type of change! What about you guys?

Please post constructive feedback and feel free to post how many cleric and mage relics you've gotten compared to rogue and warrior!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ayona View Post
    1) I would like Trion to review the drop rates of these relics

2) How would the community feel if we had two relics off of each boss drop each week?

3) Ignoring Volan and Planebreaker for a minute, how would the community feel if we improved the way loot is dropped off the previous bosses? For example, Eggtenders right now always drops 1 belt and 1 necklace. What if that were to change where the two items that do drop include the entire loot table? For example, two necklaces every once in a while or two belts.
    1. We've seen a stupidly high amount of Cleric relics drop from Volan (pretty much 50% of our drops have been Entropy of the Sundered), but the usual caveats about sample size apply. If other guilds have the same story, however...

2. I don't like this, if anything they should drop 2 hearts instead of 2 relics so more people can upgrade their armor pieces. That being said, the current system is fine, it rewards up to 2 relics and 2 upgrade tokens per week, just like Regulos and Crucia did.

3. I like the current system as well here too, choosing twice from 2 separate pools of 7 items is preferable to me over choosing twice from a pool of 14 items. Less RNG.

But while we're on the topic of loot tables:

- Maybe Crucia and Regulos should drop 2 Radiant Infinity Cells each? These babies are in demand again.
    - Convert Hearts of Regulos and Hearts of Crucia into "Heart of the Frozen Eclipse" and make all upgradeable T1 weapons use the same type of heart?
    - Make Ultane drop a pair of pants AND a trinket? Ultane's loot table is probably the most frustrating in T2.
    Last edited by ginc; 03-05-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

GDAAAY NOOOOO

Weapons should NOT be reliant on the same upgrade piece as armor, I think this was a huge mistake deviating from what they had previously done with every tier in the past. Now we will be going into t3 with 1 relic armor piece(legs) which is pretty lame. The cleric/mage drop-rate for relics seems to be pretty standard across the board from the streams I've watched of other guilds. I don't like the whole pre-set loot tables of 1 of x item and 1 of y item(ex. belt/neck). The sheer amount of relic mage/cleric weapons needs to be looked at also. Rogues/warriors share the BiS 1 handed weapon, which is another HUGE mistake especially considering the horrible drop rate. How many end of hope's actually even exist in game?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Vixiar View Post
    Weapons should NOT be reliant on the same upgrade piece as armor, I think this was a huge mistake deviating from what they had previously done with every tier in the past.
    I agree with this, ideally it would be like Reggie and Crucia: 1 relic, 1 weapon upgrade token (heart), 1 armor upgrade token (cell)

Its actually not too late to change it, you could change the upgrade path of T2 epic vendor items to use Planebreaker Power Cells (new item). The only problem is that you'd have to give people a way to convert existing Hearts into Power Cells, in case people have Hearts stockpiled and waiting for armor pieces to upgrade.
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

GDAAAY NOOOOO

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

The heart should have never been combined for upgrading both the armor AND weapons. Either increase the amount of hearts that drop... or add in a new dropped item, ONLY for upgrading armor from Queen, Bominus and Volan.

I've seen a fair share of caster items over melee base relics as of late. It really needs to be like the old akylios days for weapon drops with volan and Abominus. Two relics, both a weapon - one for casters, one for melee. Everyone is happy then.
    Last edited by bctrainers; 03-05-2014 at 12:33 PM. Reason: words
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by Ayona View Post

Over the course of when IG + PBB was released until now, it seems as though cleric and mage relics are extremely common drops over rogue and warrior relics.
    Results may vary. Some guilds wish they saw an abundance of Cleric/Mage relics. While rogue/warrior drops include many tank weapons which may or may not be included in the desired loot tables, their existence cannot be ignored. I'd rather have a cleric weapon drop then another rogue/warrior light-saber tank sword.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    The heart should have never been combined for upgrading both the armor AND weapons. Either increase the amount of hearts that drop... or add in a new dropped item, ONLY for upgrading armor from Queen, Bominus and Volan.
    Yup, pretty much. We only have 15 more months to go before we are all fully relic'd!

What a joke!!
    Even the guilds who have been fully cleared/farm-mode for the past 2 months (give or take) and have had the SAME 20 ppl the entire time (does not exist in this game) still would take (about) 21 months to have full relic armor + ranged + 1 weapon.

AKA: The next tier of raids would be released before 1/2 the raid roster has even close to 3 or 4 relic armor items. The only guilds who have given hearts to upgrade to relic armor are those who are DKP based. Other guilds who are fully progressed are still upgrading people's weapons and have not upgraded a single armor piece to relic quality.

< James Van Der Beek slowclap insert here >
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Champion of Telara

The heart should have never been combined for upgrading both the armor AND weapons.
    I agree with this.

The heart should have never been combined for upgrading both the armor AND weapons.
    Yep. Would be nice to some day be able to upgrade armor, but I doubt that will ever happen in this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Boodie View Post
    Results may vary. Some guilds wish they saw an abundance of Cleric/Mage relics. While rogue/warrior drops include many tank weapons which may or may not be included in the desired loot tables, their existence cannot be ignored. I'd rather have a cleric weapon drop then another rogue/warrior light-saber tank sword.
    light sabre tank sword's an upgraded weapn, not a straight drop
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

I think the scarcity of the hearts was noted quite a while ago, along with the situation where you likely won't be able to get full relic armor out of this tier before it becomes obsolete. No one really seemed to care back then though.

Maybe they're operating on the philosophy that the armors are just decorative upgrades outside of the weapons and is considered a luxury...

iunno about you, but when the raid gets to be near fully decked out from head to toe in relics and weapons like what happened with SL T1 content, people stopped wanting to do the content.

Why? For the same reasons some people rarely ever run experts; because they get nothing out of them.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

I think HK/ID was perfect when it came to the Hexed items to upgrade specific armor. I'm not sure why they decided to get rid of that. You've got 20 people in a raid at a time but realistically, it might not always be those same 20 people every lockout... So it's not like everyone is going to be relic'd out immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    light sabre tank sword's an upgraded weapn, not a straight drop
    Abom drops a rogue tank sword (dropped for us this lockout).

tbh im REALLY satisfied this time around

we have a raid-roster of roughly 32 people + had a lot of folks quitting that had relics

- every member has at least 1 relic Mainhand
    - 30% have a relic range/wand, this would be way higher if we hadnt had that much folks quitting
    - we are really lucky with tankrelics, because they rarely drop, but our tanks have them

weve experienced a lot of mage/cleric relics from both bosses as well, but thats fine because there are upgradeable rogue/warrior weapons from a very easy, EARLY accessible Boss (like warrior 2h back in ID from the conclave, but mage loot was awfull back then cause you had to kill Laethys first)
    this would apply again in the current content (mage/cleric upgradeables are 2nd last boss again) but since Volan and Abominus drop a lot of casterloot its fine
    the only relic that runs out of order for us is the warrior tank 1h from Volan, we had that like 6 times, but warriors can use those for DPS until they get a proper relic
    we havent seen a single volan direct drop warrior/rogue 1h relic

few things that could be improved:
    - remove tank relic direct drops from Endboss loottables, only make them avaiable through heart upgrades of drops
    - seperate armor/weapon relic upgrades
    - wand/bow, there is only 1 boss that drops those, he shouldnt drop armor as well then if you wanna keep 2 drops/boss; or seperate wand + bow drops on two bosses, so you get one of each each run
    - i like the idea of the miniboss Kizzrix that shares the loottable of a boss that drops Rings, cause there are only 2 Tier2 rings in the current content and that one would be a bottleneck otherwise + the other one dropping in a 10 man that was released earlier so you got more time farming the other ring
    - keep!!!!!!! only 2 rings/1 rangeweapon and dont introduce non BiS-drops
    - keep!!!!!!!! no relic wands/bows from endbosses
    - introduce upgradeable weapons for all classes from early bosses, really balance endboss drops; if its really true that volan/abo do drop mage/cleric loot more often

maybe weve just been lucky tho
    i bet kizzrix sharing the ring-looottable wasnt on purpose either :P

edit: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ns-proccs.html
    still waiting for a fix for this, or at least change the proccnames in future content
    Last edited by sculti; 03-05-2014 at 04:01 PM.
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

Rift Disciple

80% or so of our drops are mage relics. It's almost a joke now. Sad to runebreak these.

My suggestion would be create a way where you can use 2 relics of any class and a radiant infinity stone or coruscating to combine to 1 relic of your class. That way if 2 mage relics drop and no one needs them 1 person can make one useful relic out of those two. There used to be a similar system in EverQuest, back in the day =)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast