+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Breaker X1 - how to heal the group + the tank in the portals as a chloro ?

Telaran

Default Breaker X1 - how to heal the group + the tank in the portals as a chloro ?

hey,

so i am a chloro and to tank heal in this fight. but when i go through the portals i swtich to group heal and try to heal the tank with my cds. but i dont figure out a good way to do this. either i heal the tank with cds and hard casted heals or i heal the group. maybe you guys have some tips for me

Champion

It's a bit of a balancing act. DPS can help you out a bit by not going into portals 5 seconds before the boss is actually active. Usually our chloros first put on tank veil and makes sure withering vine and radiant spores are up. At some point, they switch to aoe veil when the damage becomes too heavy and you can coordinate some cooldowns with the tank. I know in our guild the chloro also brings along an aoe healing potion for the last few seconds if needed.

I don't think you can do the entire portal with just 1 type of veil, unless maybe you have an overgeared tank. You will have to swap veils once, maybe 2-3 times. Vile spores when it's aoe time, corrosive and void life when it's tank time, and a 3 stack NT is good for transitioning between veils. For example, if the group is getting kind of low, save NT, switch veils, and you'll have a decent little burst heal to get you going.

The group DPS is also a factor. It's exponentially more difficult if the people coming into the portal with you only pull 15k.

Stay ae heal and hold the tank with cds (yours and his). Then on 2nd portal pop have a puri or a bard go up and help you. If bard then synthesis tank and let raid healing to bard, if puri stay raid heal and let the puri hold the tank. You can also have a warden go up and help you but warden is not as useful for the overall encounter as a puri is.

Gl ;)
    Lanfeara@Brisesol

Quote Originally Posted by dansel View Post
    hey,

so i am a chloro and to tank heal in this fight. but when i go through the portals i swtich to group heal and try to heal the tank with my cds. but i dont figure out a good way to do this. either i heal the tank with cds and hard casted heals or i heal the group. maybe you guys have some tips for me
    My main is not a mage; however, I have healed this on my mage-alt successfully, by myself with no help (i.e. no bard, defiler/puri, cleric tank) on the 1st and 3rd (hardest to heal) portal phases.

This is what worked for me (of course might not work for you, might not be best at all)

As soon as I enter portal, I synth the tank (LBV)
    - I heal the tank as necessary (mostly I keep bloom for myself or some raid member with low health; resurgence should be used more often to keep someone who is dipping faster than others)
    - As usual keep up Radiant Spores and Withering Vine, Corrosive Spores as well (remember it heals on each tick)
    [Cleanse if needed for P3]

After around two flourishes (you'll see that the raid starts taking heavier damage), I switch to LGV right after the 2nd flourish.
    - Also don't waste these, wait for the raid to get low before you hit flourish - and remember to have entropic veil on for the flourish and off after, if you aren't constantly cycling it.

From there I start healing LGV style, keeping my bloom, and essence surge handy for tank (and of course any self-tank CDs as applicable)
    Sometimes I do even get a chance to hardcast Healing Torrent if the raid is sustaining itself for a bit, or if flourish is up - so I can hardcast Healing Torrent and pick everyone up after with the flourish.
    Then of course keep rolling with VSpores and Nature's Touch.

The reasoning for this is that the raid doesn't take much of a hit during the first 40s of the phase up top (even after, if you are geared), your LBV passive healing + flourishes should keep them up, and you can focus on the tank without wasting any of your CDs on the tank. And about half way through, when the raid actually starts taking hits, switch it up to LGV and focus on raid with CDs (including Symbiosis) for the tank and tank should also have CDs up anyway.

Splitting this into two styles of healing, really helped me, as the latter stages are the hardest parts, and you want your strongest CDs (in chloro's case, those are tank healing CDs) up then rather than early.

Another suggestion is, if the raid is dipping and you want to switch to LGV but flourish is not up (again as a cover for the GCD you spend switching), you can easily cast Natural Splendor during LBV. It is a massive heal and will pull everyone up for the duration of it. I had to use this a few times; so it's helpful.

As always, think outside the box. Use every tool you are given. Just because some dude says "oh you can heal this only in LGV, and if the tank dies, you just suck", doesn't mean that is the only way to do it .

Shield of Telara

Can't help with how to chloro heal this as I only have played the cleric side.

You might want to consider a defiler rather than a puri as the links will work regardless and the tank damage other than a couple of spots as you pull the boss is not to bad and with unstable transformation and explosive growth burst heals is easy enough to handle.

We have only ever used 2 chloro's (one for each portal phase), 1 warden (always stays down), 1 defiler (goes up 3rd wave if needed). 1 bard (always stays down). I am sure there are other ways but that has worked for us.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Solaxys has given pretty solid advice, use all the tools at your disposal.

What you shouldn't do is swap veils all the time, that's a waste of gcds and will result in you falling behind on heals.

If possible try and get your best dps to come in with you to help the add go down faster, making that phase go faster is the best way to help the healer.
    Nope.

RIFT Guide Writer

Solaxys basically has the entire thing covered. Only other thing is to make sure to recast Living Energy up top because two chloro raids will have it overwrite the aura. If your DPS have the resources to burn faster, you'll have to heal less.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Telaran

ok thanks for the tips! we are playing with 2 tank chloros. as soon as i enter the portal i switch to LGV and heal the tank with the CDs, and my 2 hots. it works, but it is pretty close . i never entered the second portal phase.. we are trying, but we ware not that far in progress yet .

another thing is, that the game laggs extremly if i try to leave the core through the portal ... its pretty annoying -.-

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by dansel View Post
    ok thanks for the tips! we are playing with 2 tank chloros. as soon as i enter the portal i switch to LGV and heal the tank with the CDs, and my 2 hots. it works, but it is pretty close . i never entered the second portal phase.. we are trying, but we ware not that far in progress yet .

another thing is, that the game laggs extremly if i try to leave the core through the portal ... its pretty annoying -.-
    You can solo heal the first 2 portals in LBV without ever switching to LGV with mostly T1 geared people. If you have poor dps or you wanna practice for the last portal and just be safer in general, I'd say switch to LGV at 30%~ or so. Be the judge if you need to switch or not based on how fast the group is going down. Using LGV from the start is just making it harder for yourself.
    Last edited by Giggity; 03-04-2014 at 03:39 AM.

Plane Walker

If you have Cleric tank/bard up there, you pretty much can heal through whole phase with lbv,keeping withering up,wg,radiant and well timed florishes.
    if your tank is rogue and you dont have bard. Then veil switching is mostlikely needed (unless you guys are overgeared.) As the others said, start with lbv and when dmg starts to outdps your bound heals on raid switch to lgv. Then you can either st direct heal tank or keep switching between veils when needed. Both ways work.
    Last edited by ReveBeck; 03-04-2014 at 03:44 AM.
    Ambroo- Apotheosys

Rift Disciple

I think people are making rocket science in here. Unless you are terribly undergeared (5800 SP and less) you should be able to heal trough it with LBV. Simply make sure you refresh WV and Radiant spores when needed, save flourish for last 25/30% and if things go really bad (group drops below 50%) switch to LGV and finish the portal in LGV. This is sufficient even for third portal, you just have to hit cleanse as soon as the debuff appears. Cleric tank certainly makes thing easier, bard doesn't make sense up there due to low dps, only support build which is worth sending to portal is harbchon (maybe pyrochon with double lava field, but I think its still overall dps loss).

Doing it with LGV is certainly possible, I have done it myself many times in LGV, but there is one big downside, tank will be taking big hits and he will have to use cooldowns (most likely), which is problem because tank from portal usually takes the boss after portal phase and he can die without cooldowns (puri should cast Fiery Will + Rite of the Forge on that tank as soon as becomes active anyway). You should be in LBV anyway to cover tank damage spikes and switch to LGV once tank healing from puri is stable again.

Remind your DPS'ers that they may have some tools to help you out as well. Self-shields, heals, potions.

Plane Walker

Heal the tank with lifebound, maintain radiant spores and vine as others have said. The only time I would consider swapping veils would be if it's taking a very long time to die, swap veils and symbiosis on the tank to keep everyone up another ten seconds. If DPS is that low though, the boss will probably enrage anyway...

I save flourish for the end at those few seconds of nothing to hit for veil heals, and resurgence on myself to make up for low radiant spores self healing. using Rune Shield at 20-30 charge was also clutch here during my progression, the damage ticks are mitigated but do not eat any stacks so you get 25% mit for all 30 seconds.
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

Plane Touched

What I do:

1. Synth the tank as soon as you enter portals
    2. Keep up Withering Vine, Corrosive spores, and radiant spores
    3. Using the Life Leech (10 lock/ 5 harb) build, I heal with that and Vile Spores (not using void life). This provides more raid healing while keeping the tank up in LBV.
    4. If damage gets really heavy, I might switch to LGV (3rd portal only) and heal from there on.
    5. Save CDs like flourish and Natural Splendor for dips

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dynalon View Post
    I think people are making rocket science in here. Unless you are terribly undergeared (5800 SP and less) you should be able to heal trough it with LBV.
    so it looks like i am terribly undergeared, because i have only 5400 - 5600 spellpower (t1 equipped - no regulos drops).

but i try to use your tips! thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast