+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Storm Breaker Protocol Sucks

Rift Disciple

Default Storm Breaker Protocol Sucks

Sorry, I don't want to offend the developer of this dungeon, but frankly:

SBP sucks. It really, really sucks.
    1. You can just run or jump past pretty much all the trash while in the suits.
    2. There's no challenge at all while in the suits, mainly because they do ****tons of damage and they have a battlerez that can be used every 30 seconds.
    3. The combat while in the suits is boring. There are no roles, it doesn't grow more powerful based on how powerful my character is, and they're all exactly the same.
    4. You can just run and jump past all the trash between the second and third bosses.

If I wanted to play a mech game, I'd play a game that had been built from the ground up to be a mech game. If I wanted to play a mech game, I'd play a mech game.

Sure, it provides variety. But if I want variety I can choose my own variety, by choosing to play another game. Heck, I could even choose to play defiance.

Trion needs to do three things:
    1. Fix the rampant bugs allowing players to skip most of the dungeon.
    2. Give the mechs some variety depending on role. Tank mech with tank abilities, healer mech with healing abilities, ... you get the picture.
    3. Scale the suits with player spell power or attack power or wis/int/dex/str or something.

No, it just sucked when the robots did like half the damage they do now.

Rift Disciple

Thanks for reading and giving constructive feedback on my post.

OH WAIT.

Rift Disciple

With 3.0 and a level bump to 65 on the horizon I doubt this will make it on to the whiteboard.

The mechanics in the dungeons are to introduce you and prepare you for mechanics on raid bosses. The mech suit plays an important role on Crucia, hence why there are some mech encounters in the dungeons. And it also serves the purpose to give developers an opportunity to put a lite version of the mechanic in game to test before putting them on a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorrac View Post
    Fix the rampant bugs allowing players to skip most of the dungeon.
    Dev's actually addressed this. The "bugs" that allow you to skip all the trash up to the 2nd boss is intentional. So that people like you, that dislike the dungeon, can skip everything but the two boss fights that require the suit.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Champion

I auto leave this dung, i didnt roll a mech with 4 abilities.

There is no freedom in this dung, everything is scripted and very very boring. Mini games have no place in anything instanced, including the crucia fight. I thought mmo's learned that with flame leviathan in wow.

It wouldn't break my heart at all to see this dungeon disappear.

Ghostwheel@Vigil

Ascendant

I enjoy it more than Exodus of the Storm Queen.

Rift Disciple

I've sent negative feedback in game about this dungeon multiple times and I never do that, except for bug reports. Even when you skip directly to the 1st boss this dungeon takes longer than any other.
    The "quest" where you need to kill incoming waves of monsters before the 2nd boss takes WAY too long and is really boring with no skill nor strategy involved. And after all that you go kill the "boss" in 20 seconds regardless of gear.
    I'd rather see the "quest" removed entirely and some difficulty added to the boss. It actualy looks like it would be a fun boss if you WEREN'T in the mechsuit and if you just added an extra mechanic or 2 to add some difficulty.

Overall I don't think there are many people who enjoy the mechs since they lose the uniqueness of playing their chosen calling/role.

My favorite part about SBP is people complain about it repeatedly, and most of the people complaining about it call it a long dungeon since they are not any good at mech dps.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    Overall I don't think there are many people who enjoy the mechs since they lose the uniqueness of playing their chosen calling/role.

My favorite part about SBP is people complain about it repeatedly, and most of the people complaining about it call it a long dungeon since they are not any good at mech dps.
    You know any t2 guilds recruiting good mech dps?

On nearly every pug run, the dps from people while in the suit is terrible. Likely because they have the attitude of the OP and can't be bothered to figure out how to dps or because there is no guide with macros, skill descriptions, rotations or stat weights.

SBP is one of the fastest experts out there and is no hassle at all and it takes only the most fundamental of comprehension skills to figure out how to play the mech effectively.

Nothing to see here except someone crying about a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwix View Post
    You know any t2 guilds recruiting good mech dps?
    Its no different learning the mech's rotation compared to any other spec you would run in your class.

Outside of perhaps having to figure it out yourself since no one wrote a guide on how to operate a mech in SBP.

If you break 30k ST in a mech, I would love to talk to you, and throw gear at you if you don't have any on your character.

Because you have two brain cells and you can rub them together.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    SBP is one of the fastest experts out there and is no hassle at all and it takes only the most fundamental of comprehension skills to figure out how to play the mech effectively.

Nothing to see here except someone crying about a non-issue.
    Orly? I'm Looking at the leaderboards for fastest clear times right now and they show that SBP is being cleared the slowest of them all, even slower than tRotF. Now consider the fact that these fastest times are achieved by skipping all the trash untill boss 1, and all the trash between boss 2 and 3. So where is all that time spent then? On time sink events like the one before boss 2. Really if they just removed that one event it would be about in-line with the rest of the experts time-wise, though still slower than most and still require skipping of trash to achieve it.
    Last edited by Giggity; 02-28-2014 at 02:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast