+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Yaarielle

Thread: My notes on soloing Abyssal Precipice

Soulwalker

Default My notes on soloing Abyssal Precipice

Surprisingly, I didn't find a good text guide on this, just a couple Youtube playthroughs.

First, why run this solo? A full run netted me 4660 rep with the Icewatch, and it doesn't seem to turn up in the random dungeon selection. (Unlike, say, Fall of Lantern Hook) The more the merrier of course, but doing this solo is doable.

I ran this as an almost newly minted level 60 ranged DPS cleric. (Main soul is Inquisitor, secondaries are Sentinel/Warden for survivability.) I could have done it earlier, but I waited until now to finish up my rep grinding.

Trash mobs:
    3-4 elite cultists/wolves/water elementals. No real problem there; they're usually bunched up nicely for AoE damage.
    6 or so normal Seacaps. A little bit of a problem, as they blend in, so you might end up blundering into them, and they interrupt. Otherwise, not that tough.
    3-4 elite Abyssals/Snake Guys. I recommend taking out the snake guys last, as they take longer to kill, and the Abyssals hit for a lot of damage.

Bosses:
    Kaler: Not difficult. Just avoid the AoE pillar, then hide behind it when he fires off his "kill-everybody" shot.
    Majolic: He puts a nasty removable DoT on you. He also encases you in crystal, which the rest of the group is supposed to break. My method was to kill him fast, use "Break Free" when encased in crystal, and heal through the DoT after killing him; it's a bit brute-force, and only works if you can win before being encased in crystal a 2nd time, but I didn't want to switch builds for that one boss. Doing this right involves a power for freeing yourself with a shorter cooldown, and a debuff removal spell. You might also be able to do something tricky using pets.
    Calyx: also not difficult. Stay out of the AoE, and have enough healing that you can recover from Frozen Wrath.

You can LoS the Majolic crystal if you're fast enough.

Soulwalker

I'm going to have to try this, since my last achieve for old world stuff comes from there.

Casual raider, part time troll.
    Current location : Prismatic Legion, Faeblight

I soloed this instance at lvl 50 with t3 gear (from ID) in mage (in normal, not expert), using a chloro/harb for the entire instance and necro for the last boss. Was also doable for clerics at lvl 50 with an hybrid tank spec. Now at lvl 60, it's become very easy, even in expert.

You can also try to solo the next instance (EotSQ) in mage in normal you won't find any noticeable difficulties.
    Last edited by Lanfeara; 03-06-2014 at 11:06 AM.
    Lanfeara@Brisesol

Quote Originally Posted by Lanfeara View Post
    I soloed this instance at lvl 50 with t3 gear (from ID) in mage (in normal, not expert), using a chloro/harb for the entire instance and necro for the last boss. Was also doable for clerics at lvl 50 with an hybrid tank spec. Now at lvl 60, it's become very easy, even in expert.

You can also try to solo the next instance (EotSQ) in mage in normal you won't find any noticeable difficulties.
    Lv 50 experts were soloable by every class by t2-t3 raid gear, though some were notably harder than others just based on mechanics intended to be spread amongst a group.

I did nearly all of them solo with bd/rs/sin before they reworked bd.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Lv 50 experts were soloable by every class by t2-t3 raid gear, though some were notably harder than others just based on mechanics intended to be spread amongst a group.

I did nearly all of them solo with bd/rs/sin before they reworked bd.
    Mages lack toughness :/
    Lanfeara@Brisesol

toughness rune + lesser brings it to a manageable level back in the day.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Wait until 2.7 then.
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

+ Reply to Thread