+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Warden Thraxx colors suggestion

Default Warden Thraxx colors suggestion

Can The color of the giant AoE bubble that surrounds the main platform get changed to a more noticable color please? Being of the colorblind it is nearly impossible to see.

I've mentioned keeping the colorblind in mind when you design encounters before, but ya this is bad.

Thank you.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    Can The color of the giant AoE bubble that surrounds the main platform get changed to a more noticable color please? Being of the colorblind it is nearly impossible to see.

I've mentioned keeping the colorblind in mind when you design encounters before, but ya this is bad.

Thank you.
    this is the first time i realize your avatar being a test for colorblinds....
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Rift Disciple

Thank you.
    Watch his cast bar.

Quote Originally Posted by That Cleric Megara View Post
    Watch his cast bar.
    That is not the point of this. they did this to us on maelforge, maklemore and tons of other bosses.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Rift Disciple

That is not the point of this. they did this to us on maelforge, maklemore and tons of other bosses.
    You're comparing two different things. Surviving this mechanic does not require that you be able to differentiate between red/yellow/green/blue. Simply knowing that you don't go in until his cast is finished is all that is required. If you watch his cast bar it will actually give you an advantage over those watching for the bubble to go away.

Did you fight maklemore in the thrift shop?

when you see it this way why bothering about bosses VFX anyway..just let the bosses be a statue that does only casts and no visuals at all...
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Quote Originally Posted by That Cleric Megara View Post
    You're comparing two different things. Surviving this mechanic does not require that you be able to differentiate between red/yellow/green/blue. Simply knowing that you don't go in until his cast is finished is all that is required. If you watch his cast bar it will actually give you an advantage over those watching for the bubble to go away.

Did you fight maklemore in the thrift shop?
    If they are going to put in a color, why make it as such anyways? I like to do something called min/maxing which requires me to stand as close to the bubble as I can without dying so I can get that extra second of DPS in when returning to melee. Cast bars are cute, but that isn't the issue, and besides that if they add color mechanics regardless of cast bars or not, they need to take into account everyone's ability to see it and give them all equal opportunity.

So for min/maxing you need to watch the cast bar and see where the bubble is. I'd like to be able to do both.

I min/max positioning as much as possible and it is something that lets me play a spec like 61 sin on a fight like regulos where there is a big margin of error, while still being the top single target dps.

If you don't know what maklemore is referencing, I can't help you there.
    Last edited by Orangu; 02-26-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

I wouldn't mind a slightly lighter color used on the warden thrax bubble.
    --BC

Rift Master

I remember raiding with a colourblind guy in HK. Placing Contracts on Sicaron was painful for him!

Would be nice, if possible, to accommodate such players.

isn't there colourblind mode in the game already?

RIFT Guide Writer

I'm not color blind and so I don't really know the problems you run into in the game, but I think Warden Thrax is a poor example. The visual indicator is mostly useless since the aoe extends quite far out of the indicated area. I think the indicated aoe extends to about 20 meters away from the boss, while the affected area is actually more like 23 meters out. So standing at the edge would get you killed. A range finder add on is the solution, I use this to make sure I stay between 24 and 25 meters, this is far enough out to survive, and close enough to use flamespear (25m range in 61 tempest).
    Last edited by ttlyevil; 02-27-2014 at 04:24 AM.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

xxs
    Plane Touched

The only temporary solution I may advise for:
    Record the fight on a video (or use someone else's) and tune the colors of your screen (calibrate) so you can see it. It might be a horrific effect and real eyes sore but it should be distinct enough to notice it well.

On a flip note: I wonder how you survive the bubbles of egg tenders. A guild member told: I watch where the projective drops and move away, I may step into them while moving, though.

Such topics pop up every so often, if trion is unable to find someone to testdrive their art choices, give a black&white option. At least it will cater to everyone's abilities.

---
    @Veldan, there is a color blind "mode" that affects item tooltips/descriptions adding their respective quality like rare/epic/relic next to their names.
    Last edited by xxs; 02-27-2014 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxs View Post
    On a flip note: I wonder how you survive the bubbles of egg tenders. A guild member told: I watch where the projectile drops and move away, I may step into them while moving, though.
    The Pool of Bile is actually cast on a raid member, if you watch who the Tender targets. That is an easy one.
    Isadorable
    <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Quote Originally Posted by xxs View Post
    On a flip note: I wonder how you survive the bubbles of egg tenders. A guild member told: I watch where the projective drops and move away, I may step into them while moving, though.
    If anyone has a problem with this one, that's just silly because:
    • The egg targets + casts who has bile
    • Bile has been nerfed to the point it doesn't do any immediate damage
    • It casts where the target was initially so you can literally be moving/kiting after bile is cast and never worry about bile unless you run back into it.
    • A big tip: Stand where other people are standing. If they're alive, they're most likely not standing in bad ;).

(This is not disagreeing that the color choice is bad, just that bile is easy as hell to avoid.)
    Last edited by Riane; 02-27-2014 at 09:37 AM.

xxs
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ATFMorgan View Post
    The Pool of Bile is actually cast on a raid member, if you watch who the Tender targets. That is an easy one.
    That exactly what it says.
    However, the bubble is quite persistent and doesnt disappear, esp. with cleric tank who just stays at range as there are more of them. Also calling them bile is kind of fun given their color.
    So if you don't see it you can step at a later stage while running to another egg tender.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast