+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dominance Leaderboards

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Dominance Leaderboards

Hey guys, I'm trying out an experiment to see if I can make leaderboards a bit more exciting for raiders. I've added five new leaderboards that measure time to kill for the final bosses in most of the Storm Legion raids: Crucia, Regulos, Ultane, Volan, and Abominus. I'm hoping to foster some friendly competition and maybe drive people to try crazy comps to see how quickly they can drop 'em.

Let me know what you guys think and if it's well received we'll put them in for future content. They should be live next hotfix or so.

Cyzo

Ascendant

Solid idea. Boss-kill-time has always been the most important aspect of competition among top raiding guilds during farm, so I look forward to these being tracked.
    Last edited by Ahov; 02-20-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Shield of Telara

krizzix/goloch?

Ascendant

just lol, most players cannot event pass Salvarola and you want to see how fast they kill Ultane? xD Such event would affect only few players from top guilds tbh.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    just lol, most players cannot event pass Salvarola and you want to see how fast they kill Ultane? xD Such event would affect only few players from top guilds tbh.
    is that.....not the point?

Ohh I like this idea .

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Such event would affect only few players from top guilds tbh.
    That's kinda the point dude

Plane Walker

Also any guild is effected by it not just the top. If you like to look at your clear speed to see where u stand you can participate. Even if you arent at the top u can still compete vs guilds who are near your times

The list for Abominus is going to be pretty short =v.v=

RIFT Guide Writer

Sounds fun, I hope there is some more love for the leaderboards in coming. Would love to see all the expert dungeons on there. I also think that even a small prize, something like 100 credits per week for holding the best time on a dungeon or raid could really increase the competition on the leaderboards. Would be fun to try to see some people make a serious effort in speed running dungeons.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Rift Chaser

I don't think its a good idea to award credits, but how about a really obnoxious WWE-style championship belt wardrobe item? You could have different colors for each raid boss or something.

Would it be possible to award "the belt" at the start of a raid week and have it disappear from your inventory a week later?
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

GDAAAY NOOOOO

Rift Chaser

Also, if Abominus is going to be one of the time attack bosses, he could use a few tweaks to reduce RNG on the final platform. People will complain that the guild with the best time "got lucky" or something.

A simple fix would be to put Ix'ior's Bomb/Shard on a longer cooldown (maybe 1:20) but give it a higher priority than Tor'krik's Calamity and Zor'zyx's Waves. That way you'd have a consistent number of Unstable Shards from pull to pull.

The spawn order is a wash - if Ix'ior spawns first you're getting a Bomb/Shard sooner but he's also damaging himself more with Luminous Blast.

And maybe while you're at it Abom could do Ocular Blast even when pinned at 5%
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

GDAAAY NOOOOO

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ginc View Post
    Also, if Abominus is going to be one of the time attack bosses, he could use a few tweaks to reduce RNG on the final platform. People will complain that the guild with the best time "got lucky" or something.

A simple fix would be to put Ix'ior's Bomb/Shard on a longer cooldown (maybe 1:20) but give it a higher priority than Tor'krik's Calamity and Zor'zyx's Waves. That way you'd have a consistent number of Unstable Shards from pull to pull.

The spawn order is a wash - if Ix'ior spawns first you're getting a Bomb/Shard sooner but he's also damaging himself more with Luminous Blast.

And maybe while you're at it Abom could do Ocular Blast even when pinned at 5%
    i hadnt even thought about this but this is definitely important, the spawn order does make a tremendous difference to abom kill time

that said, if a guild was particularly concerned about its kill time there is nothing stopping them from wiping and restarting for a more favourable spawn sequence

And so it starts....

P.S. - Nope.

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Ascendant

Would be nice to see for all the bosses really, gives you some idea of improvements you could make.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast