+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Soulshield
  • 1 Post By Jordaan

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New raid rifts

Default New raid rifts

I saw them in the shop after update and we done them with a pug.
    Was a lot of fun to see that these rifts could actually kill people if they make major mistakes(ignoring mechanics).

One thing which I missed is a raid warning for the blue or red cast of the endboss of the IS rift.

For people loots: IS rift seems to drop AP/SP essences and the Dendrome rift seems to drop CP essences.

Have fun with deathly mechanics :3

P.S.:No one cares but btw world first?
    Last edited by Soulshield; 02-18-2014 at 10:41 PM.

Rift Chaser

It's interesting that these weren't mentioned in patch notes, maybe an oversight or mistake?

Rift Disciple

the one in steppes completes the life DRR...

lollllllllllllllllll

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

Oops, completing the wrong daily was an oversight on my part. Enjoy it while you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    I saw them in the shop after update and we done them with a pug.
    Was a lot of fun to see that these rifts could actually kill people if they make major mistakes(ignoring mechanics).

One thing which I missed is a raid warning for the blue or red cast of the endboss of the IS rift.

For people loots: IS rift seems to drop AP/SP essences and the Dendrome rift seems to drop CP essences.

Have fun with deathly mechanics :3

P.S.:No one cares but btw world first?
    Seriously. You don't need a raidwarning for something like that. It's pretty clear what you need to do. Even without instructions I did it right the first time. It's been ages since we had rifts with teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarz View Post
    Seriously. You don't need a raidwarning for something like that. It's pretty clear what you need to do. Even without instructions I did it right the first time. It's been ages since we had rifts with teeth.
    I only did it once now and I just ran in the field of the color which was mentioned first in his cast and survived it, but you can`t read the whole cast too much text.

I did one of them earlier and it was good fun!

Big thumbs up to the inclusion of some mechanics

I think we only wiped twice and the winning bidder on one of the new lesser paid 1 rex, so nice to keep the economy going too ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Phreakuency View Post
    I did one of them earlier and it was good fun!

Big thumbs up to the inclusion of some mechanics

I think we only wiped twice and the winning bidder on one of the new lesser paid 1 rex, so nice to keep the economy going too ;)

They all had threatening mechanics once upon a time. But it slowly melts away as the indirect nerfs/player buffs piles up over time.

It is a nice change of pace, though.

Has anyone gotten anything outside of essences from them?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    They all had threatening mechanics once upon a time. But it slowly melts away as the indirect nerfs/player buffs piles up over time.

It is a nice change of pace, though.

Has anyone gotten anything outside of essences from them?
    I think the best part of these is similar to some of the t2 bosses where the mechanics done right are survivable or one shot as opposed to now just do whatever and it can be healed through ignored.

I found the one in steppes to be significantly more fun than dendrome but overall it's nice to do something semi challenging outside of raiding with great rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Twylyte View Post
    I think the best part of these is similar to some of the t2 bosses where the mechanics done right are survivable or one shot as opposed to now just do whatever and it can be healed through ignored.

I found the one in steppes to be significantly more fun than dendrome but overall it's nice to do something semi challenging outside of raiding with great rewards
    Sorta, there are a number of raid boss mechanics that you cannot ever overgear enough to just ignore.

They know how to make those, you see them in a number of bosses in ID and a handful in HK.

I personally think they choose not to use those types of mechanics for most of the bosses in any given raid just so it would naturally get easier over time.

But something like HM Gelidra? Yeah, there's no overgearing that fight. If you aren't handling the mechanics correctly you will wipe

They sprinkled a bit of that into these raid rifts, and its kinda nice... 'cept maybe if you happen to wander past one of them and get tagged with that fire-beam that does a 10k dmg dot on you, lol. Then it sucks.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by Rarz View Post
    Did it now for the second time now there was the color over my head and the mechanic is clear.....first time this didn`t show up.

+ Reply to Thread