+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Atrophinius exploit in Realm of Twisted Dreams

Soulwalker

Default Atrophinius exploit in Realm of Twisted Dreams

Hello

In the last 2 times I entered in the Expert Dungeon Realm of the Twisted Dreams, in the fight against Atrophinius people is using a exploit to make the fight easier.

They are fighting him outside of the place intended to, making his charge always fail, which makes the fight way easier. That is a hard fight in the right place, but it's not that terrible.

In the first time I didn't know the exploit, and I was playing as Shaman. Got stuck inside the intended place to fight. Did only 2 attacks on him. After the fight, I looted the epic recipe, and was votekicked (the punishment for cheaters, I got the recipe!). That was a easy day for Random Experts to me, because I couldn't enter in Realm of Twisted Dreams, so I did a lot of experts.

After that, I send a report to GM about the bug/exploit. I received a message that looked like a automatic message :\ (On another day, I've send a message about other bug, and received the same thing...) and, as the message said, I send to Feedback/Bug Report.

Today, I went on Realm of Twisted Dreams again. People wanted to use exploits again. Atrophinius was bugged again. This time I was outside, because I wanted to do some dungeon, but was with a bad feeling.

So, how send to GM, send to Feedback/Bugs done nothing (at least this time, have to go to Silverwood to see if the other bug was solved), I'm here in the forum telling about what happened.

It's not so impossible, just make him charge on the keg where the satyr is above.

And if you don't want to do something about that, make at least a possibility to block Realm of Twisted Dreams from come of Random.

Ascendant

Unfortunately since this is considered "trivial" content it's unlikely anyone will be punished for abusing this exploit.
    Last edited by Ahov; 02-17-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Ascendant

I hope this gets fixed, if for no other reason then so I don't have to have pugs think this is a valid strategy for the fight.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Unfortunately since this is considered "trivial" content it's unlikely anyone will be punished for abusing this exploit.
    I don't want the people that used this be punished. I want they do something to end the bug, like make Atrophinuis reset beyond the range of the walls.

Just post a bug report.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Just post a bug report.
    Have you read my post? I told there why I've posted on the forum

So, how send to GM, send to Feedback/Bugs done nothing (at least this time, have to go to Silverwood to see if the other bug was solved), I'm here in the forum telling about what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon29 View Post
    That is a hard fight in the right place.
    That's a funny joke. Experts are really easy, but it will be nice when they decide to fix the bugs.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Fighting him outside is a dps loss you can`t drink mead to get stronger. Oo

Plane Walker

The exploit actually makes the fight more difficult for melee dps as there are still those purple AoE's being thrown on top of tank that melee either has to eat or run away from tank every few seconds.

This fight is ridiculously easy when done normal way. Just need a healer that knows how to cleanse and people that aren't mentally impaired enough to know to hide behind a barrel when there's a red target on them.

Well, all experts fit in category of being really easy though I guess. There are just a lot of people that completely skipped over normal dungeons and hence have neither good enough stats or knowledge enough of mechanics and end up being carried.

Just about every random PuG i tank has a member with 3k or less DPS that botches mechanics and never so much as uses an interrupt the entire dungeon.
    Last edited by Kenjitamura; 02-18-2014 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjitamura View Post
    The exploit actually makes the fight more difficult for melee dps as there are still those purple AoE's being thrown on top of tank that melee either has to eat or run away from tank every few seconds.

This fight is ridiculously easy when done normal way. Just need a healer that knows how to cleanse and people that aren't mentally impaired enough to know to hide behind a barrel when there's a red target on them.

Well, all experts fit in category of being really easy though I guess. There are just a lot of people that completely skipped over normal dungeons and hence have neither good enough stats or knowledge enough of mechanics and end up being carried.

Just about every random PuG i tank has a member with 3k or less DPS that botches mechanics and never so much as uses an interrupt the entire dungeon.
    I find it amazing you tell a group to interrupt something, and they don't do it. I have been killed by Decimate far too much recently(timing CDs to survive fail ftl).
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    I find it amazing you tell a group to interrupt something, and they don't do it. I have been killed by Decimate far too much recently(timing CDs to survive fail ftl).
    I now hate tanking Exodus. That interrupt... it be hard. And cast time OMG so quick!

I know you already put in a report, but that's the best that you can do. Forum awareness doesn't really do much unless it's a critical game breaking problem. You can only hope that they will fix it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by KarthosNZ View Post
    I now hate tanking Exodus. That interrupt... it be hard. And cast time OMG so quick!
    Don't worry it only hits for 120k!
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM

Rift Chaser

Speaking of Exodus, I wonder if they'll finally manage to fix General Grim's duel. Poor guy just wants some hot 1v1 action but people keep figuring out how to get out of it :/

Guy needs to get himself a Grapplebot(tm)
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

GDAAAY NOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by ginc View Post
    Speaking of Exodus, I wonder if they'll finally manage to fix General Grim's duel. Poor guy just wants some hot 1v1 action but people keep figuring out how to get out of it :/

Guy needs to get himself a Grapplebot(tm)
    It is more sad the amount of people who don't even have the King of the Ring achievement. I wish the duel was a little more interesting than a reactive button.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast