+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ahov
  • 1 Post By meph1111

Thread: Current Salvarola tactics

Default Current Salvarola tactics

I was just wondering with all the recent buffs what guilds are doing on this fight at the moment? Specifically:

1) Healer setup - is Defiler + Chloro + 61 Bard the best setup?
    2) Lasers - do you slow DPS to make sure the 2nd one comes in P1 or just aim for 1?
    3) Empowered adds - Do you bother killing any or just burn straight through P2?
    4) P3 - What is the target number of lasers? We normally get around 4 but it seems it could be much less!

Thanks
    Wilkoss

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

Shield of Telara

cant speak for healing setup but

2) still viable but dont really worry about it anymore. the point of waiting for the 2nd laser was to have the add tank's bloodboil stacks drop off before he engaged the adds. this is no longer a problem.

3) its easy/safe to kill 1. slightly more challenging but faster to kill none. flaring helps but isnt required during the burn from 75-50

4) 3, 2 if your dps is strong. if you are doing salv in a progression strat (ie wait for laser before 75%, kill 1 or 2 adds, etc) then any more than 3 will risk hitting enrage

Champion

1) We've kept defiler/chloro/puri on salv fight. DPS was never an issue and we've had the numbers to push him to P2 in one laser for a while, so haven't dropped the puri.

2/3) Sometimes we call to slow DPS, sometimes we chug through. Either way we only end up killing 1 add.

4) 2-3, usually 3 but this week we did pretty well and managed to burn him down right as he started casting the 3rd soul incin. The key as far as I can tell is to have your tanks be very proficient at kiting. Skilled kiting reduced the time the two adds are linked, and I believe a few times we have had them not link up at all during the soul incins.

Four soul incins seems like an awful lot. I'm surprised you don't have enrage problems. If you're pushing salv fast enough in the earlier phases that you have enough time for 4 soul incins without hitting enrage, then I believe your group is very much under performing in the last phase.
    Last edited by MonkeysUncle; 02-17-2014 at 06:09 AM.

We used to run a Chloromancer, Purifer, Defiler, and a Sinbard. We would wait till second beam, then burn, kill two adds. Average kill time - 5:00.

Now we just do a Chloro/Purifer, 61 bard, wait till second beam, and proceed to kill him without an add. Final phase is maybe two beams? - Fastest kill time, 3:39.
    Isadorable
    <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Ascendant

We haven't killed him a bunch of times but our best shots have been delaying for second laser so that p2 starts around 69%, then burn through to 50. We're still relatively sloppy in phase 3 so this gives a pretty large window on the enrage timer, and gets us to p3 faster so we can improve and clean it up, although obviously that's more room to fail the interrupts.

Ascendant

Chloro + defiler, fastest kill time 3:00.

Fight has been nerfed and of course stuff like dream orbs etc; you really should not have any issues running LGV chloro + defiler on tank heals. DPS isn't necessarily a concern so you could toss in a purifier but shorter fights mean less things to deal with in general, less mistake potential.
    Last edited by Ahov; 02-17-2014 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ATFMorgan View Post
    We used to run a Chloromancer, Purifer, Defiler, and a Sinbard. We would wait till second beam, then burn, kill two adds. Average kill time - 5:00.

Now we just do a Chloro/Purifer, 61 bard, wait till second beam, and proceed to kill him without an add. Final phase is maybe two beams? - Fastest kill time, 3:39.
    I'm intrigued, what's the build for a sinbard? Could you post a link or similar?
    PvP Rank: 88/90 | PA: 1277/1277 | CQ Power: 200k | Score: 15285 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS (Conq.) | 11/11 HK | 4/4 RotP | 2/8 ID | 4/4 PF | 4/4 TotDQ | 4/5 EE | 4/4 FT | 4/4 GA | IG 2/3 | PB 3/5
    Getting More and More Disillusioned By The Day

Quote Originally Posted by Gethzerion View Post
    I'm intrigued, what's the build for a sinbard? Could you post a link or similar?
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t/vkaA9l5lay/ykw4R0

It's pretty fun, pulls okay numbers too. We ran this for the first 5 or 6 kills, then went to a 61 bard. The Rogue who ran this was 100% responsible for the first two sparks to die, and to apply poisons ;)
    Isadorable
    <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Chloro + defiler, fastest kill time 3:00.

Fight has been nerfed and of course stuff like dream orbs etc; you really should not have any issues running LGV chloro + defiler on tank heals. DPS isn't necessarily a concern so you could toss in a purifier but shorter fights mean less things to deal with in general, less mistake potential.
    I miss what Salv used to be like in the past When GA first came out, was such a fun intense fight with close enrage timers... ahhh..

and now we just one tank ultane can call it a day
    FLUTTERBAT IS AWESOME http://tinyurl.com/m62aap9 THIS FANDOM IS CATCHY! < awesome pmv of 2013 http://tinyurl.com/ko5rb9k < another awesome Catch up on the fandom! http://tinyurl.com/bukqn5j <fanmade Trailer!
    Warrior~Gorem 60-7x, Coriolis #1 Oceanic Guild! World 6th Na 3rd VOLAN AND INRA! Oceanic Firsts everything! Also I'm a Christian/South Afrikan Zulu Warrior/Brony - deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I was just wondering with all the recent buffs what guilds are doing on this fight at the moment? Specifically:

2) Lasers - do you slow DPS to make sure the 2nd one comes in P1 or just aim for 1?
    4) P3 - What is the target number of lasers? We normally get around 4 but it seems it could be much less!

Thanks
    Wilkoss
    Hello,

1) We always use the build : 2 tanks, 1 bard, 1 pyrochon, 3 dps, 1 chloro, 1 defiler, 1 puri. 2 of the dps have kick and are on one add the range dd (usually mage or rogue) + pyrochon are on the other add.
    Add 1 puri is a safe bet for kick failure that would make healing received near to 0 or to backup cleanse or to add a brez so that we don't wipe if the chloro die ^^ .
    2) Yes. If we don't we have to kill 1 add, usually we stop dps for a whole 6-10sec.
    3) None. Dps through p2.
    4) In theory 2 if people are carefully watching the %hp difference... So usually 3 or 4 lol.

Hope it helped, cya.
    Lanfeara@Brisesol

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Gorem View Post
    I miss what Salv used to be like in the past When GA first came out, was such a fun intense fight with close enrage timers... ahhh..

and now we just one tank ultane can call it a day
    My favourite boss ever.

I miss the old Salvarola
    4/4 GA , 3/3 IG, 5/5 PB

fastest salv kill is like 3 min or lower and ultane is about 4:40 ish. things have definitely changed with more gear xD

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post

Thanks
    Wilkoss
    1) Puri-Chloro-Bard
    2) Burn baby burn
    3) We don't touch adds, just stay on Salv
    4) Never paid attention to that, we get what we get.

Solo tanking salv is quite fun! if only the last 2 adds didn't take reduced damage haha

will probably become a 2mins or less fight if they removed that!
    FLUTTERBAT IS AWESOME http://tinyurl.com/m62aap9 THIS FANDOM IS CATCHY! < awesome pmv of 2013 http://tinyurl.com/ko5rb9k < another awesome Catch up on the fandom! http://tinyurl.com/bukqn5j <fanmade Trailer!
    Warrior~Gorem 60-7x, Coriolis #1 Oceanic Guild! World 6th Na 3rd VOLAN AND INRA! Oceanic Firsts everything! Also I'm a Christian/South Afrikan Zulu Warrior/Brony - deal with it

+ Reply to Thread