Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree190Likes

Thread: Addiction GA auction

Telaran

Default Addiction GA auction

Every week, Addiction will be auctioning one spot for a 4/4 GA carry, all class loot + Call of the Awakened. If Trinket or Legs drop for your class, an additional 3k is required to purchase those.

Last week the bidding stopped at 7.7k, we cleared 4/4 in 53 minutes(sans afk's) on mostly alts + one dead carry. If interested in going, PM me in game on Inception@Greybriar, or Meo@Greybriar. Currently, you can PM me here, since we are all on time out in game.

This week's run will be Monday night @ 6pm Server time.
    Carriers are:
    Meo
    Inception
    Ownagejuice
    RoughRaptors
    Liminsathil
    Nefy
    Zoiee
    Kukri
    Varm
    Addiction

Ill give 1 plat. I hope I win.

Rift Chaser

hahaha selling Raid spots .. epic

Wasn't there a lot of QQ about raid gear in the shops from addiction ? seems Players selling raid gear is fine, but trion not ?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPlay View Post
    hahaha selling Raid spots .. epic

Wasn't there a lot of QQ about raid gear in the shops from addiction ? seems Players selling raid gear is fine, but trion not ?
    Selling gear once you've already cleared several world firsts is different to giving the 12 year old with daddy's credit card the ability to ruin raids.

There was a guy in crossevents there other day offering 6K just for a crucia kill, no guarantee on loot so I'm sure they'll have no problem filling this every week.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mav986 View Post
    Selling gear once you've already cleared several world firsts is different to giving the 12 year old with daddy's credit card the ability to ruin raids.
    I guess you don't understand a carry ?

A carry : Pulling an inexperienced player through content they have not cleared for the benefit of boosting them (gear or exp)

This is no different to the kid who uses daddys credit card other than its ingame currency and not a credit card !!
    Which if you think about it only hurts rift.

Lets QQ when raid items are put up in the store (helps rift)
    Lets accept/sell our loot to same people for stupid amounts of ingame currency ( hurts rift)

Amusing to see RR changed his mind about purchased relics xD I guess if he's the one getting the plat it's a different story.

Rift Disciple

One home cooked meal for each member.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by meph1111 View Post
    Amusing to see RR changed his mind about purchased relics xD I guess if he's the one getting the plat it's a different story.
    Does sound a bit hippocritical

Ascendant

LFM GA! pm with achiev 4/4 (the one you didnt buy!) , sigh.

/on a more serious note:

You should stream this. I'd be fun seeing you getting wiped by the noobs :P or you ask the noobs to suicide before raid so they dont wipe you? xD
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Prophet of Telara

This is how they always been in Rift. Hardcore raid community whines, cry's and throws a fit when something does not go their way. But have no issue doing something that only profits themselves. They have always been selfish people, that's most of Rifts pve community/white Knight community.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    You should stream this. I'd be fun seeing you getting wiped by the noobs :P or you ask the noobs to suicide before raid so they dont wipe you? xD
    It went fine last week with a ton of alts and the guy we carried mostly dead the entirety of every fight aside from like...i think Kyzan. But then again, some weeks are worse than others as you should know...

Quote Originally Posted by meph1111 View Post
    typing "/spawn [insert item here]" is different than grabbing a raid force and undermanning an entire raid. Two completely different things.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 02-16-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPlay View Post
    I guess you don't understand a carry ?

A carry : Pulling an inexperienced player through content they have not cleared for the benefit of boosting them (gear or exp)

This is no different to the kid who uses daddys credit card other than its ingame currency and not a credit card !!
    Which if you think about it only hurts rift.

Lets QQ when raid items are put up in the store (helps rift)
    Lets accept/sell our loot to same people for stupid amounts of ingame currency ( hurts rift)
    Actually, there are two very large differences here.

First off, when somebody is carried through GA and given loot, it does not manufacture extra items-- instead, the items that would have dropped anyways are going to that person. By contrast, if loot is sold in the store, it removes the ordinary loot gating mechanism of weekly lockouts.

Secondly, it does not cause the content itself to become trivial or superfluous, because the raids are still getting cleared. It's just that one guy is being carried through it.

The issue with selling BiS gear wasn't ever really about the fact that bad players could get it-- that's been happening pretty much forever. It was that it would cause the content to become irrelevant.

LOL....and here we are...
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    It went fine last week with a ton of alts and the guy we carried mostly dead the entirety of every fight aside from like...i think Kyzan. But then again, some weeks are worse than others as you should know...

typing "/spawn [insert item here]" is different than grabbing a raid force and undermanning an entire raid. Two completely different things.
    Not completely different.

And certainly worth bringing up your whole relic weapon drama, because you are doing what you were arguing against and that is giving gear to those who don't deserve it.

And since you are also collecting in game currency, it makes it quite similar.

I've got nothing wrong with carrying people, especially for plat. I'd do it myself if I was a serious raider. But you gotta man up sometimes mate and accept some criticism and understand you aren't always right.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast