+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Last patch broke resurrection

Rift Disciple

Default Last patch broke resurrection

I have the feeling that by improving loading time after resurrection new (old) bug has been introduced. If you resurrect someone who died at spot inside aggro range of enemy then resurrected person will pull the aggro. Anyone else has noticed this?
    There used to be a similar bug on last boss in Unhallowed Boneforge - if you ress someone who died inside aggro range of the boss, you pull the aggro.

Telaran

Was happening to us in PB last night recovering from Proteus wipes. If anyone accepted the rez within his aggro radius the encounter would start immediately. We eventually had to have everyone who died near the center of the encounter area accept the rez, die, and then have the rest of the raid accept it!
    Warrior MT and Raid Leader of <Undaunted>
    4/4 HM CoA

Even as it is with the res-aggro issue, I like the current no-load-time res a whole heck of alot more than what it was before.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

I don't really care if rezzing after a wipe can cause issues, being able to Rez in combat safely and effectively is far more important.
    Nope.

Yep this happened today in FT, although i'm not sure what the exact cause of it was.

All i know is we used call of the ascended, and then suddenly the boss got pulled.

It also happened shortly after that where i had respawned, and then started using sacrifice life:mana, while outside boss aggro range, and still he got pulled to me.

Champion of Telara

I don't mind the sacrifice of one raid member per wipe in order to keep this luxury in place!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I don't really care if rezzing after a wipe can cause issues, being able to Rez in combat safely and effectively is far more important.
    There is a downside to the current battle res "bug?"or "fix" whatever is. I died last night on inyr due to the infection which placed the aoe under me and I got ressed but because it was so fast I took a tick of the churning sands and died on my resser. However I really like how fast they are so trion should just do something like add a half second of invulnerability to resses and leave it as is.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wetigos View Post
    It also happened shortly after that where i had respawned, and then started using sacrifice life:mana, while outside boss aggro range, and still he got pulled to me.
    Sometimes a defiler will place bond of pain on boss before pull as it lasts 30secs and doesn't pull aggro. Unfortunately, if they have you linked and you use an ability that damages yourself this will pull boss. Tho thinking about it, should be the defiler who takes aggro so who knows.

Rift Disciple

The best way to avoid this bug is to not wipe.

The instant res is worth losing one person each CoTA.

Quote Originally Posted by That Cleric Megara View Post
    The best way to avoid this bug is to not wipe.

The instant res is worth losing one person each CoTA.
    Except when multiple people die within an invisible boss aggro radius and then you need to figure out who will aggro the boss. I like the instant res, but a small delay of 0.1s would not be a bad thing and I think would alleviate this issue. Gives the game time to calculate the true position of the player, not the former position.
    Erct - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane.
    4/4 RoF, 5/5 MS, 2/3 TF, HK 10/11, 4/4 iGP HM, your MoM 4/9.

Maybe it should move you then rez you rather than rez you then move you.
    Last edited by Lethaemis; 02-14-2014 at 07:16 AM.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    Maybe it should move you then rez you rather than rez you then move you.
    Don't you bring logic into this!
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Rift Disciple

please tell me someone gets this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9ZdTGamC-g

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Rift Team

Thanks for the reports all. This is one of those bugs that just doesn't show up on our internal servers - we didn't see it until the change went live. We're looking at additional changes now to prevent the aggro on rez from occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    Thanks for the reports all. This is one of those bugs that just doesn't show up on our internal servers - we didn't see it until the change went live. We're looking at additional changes now to prevent the aggro on rez from occurring.
    I'm curious (don't know if it's related) but have you guys looked into the aggro on rez bug from way back in HK that's still around? The one that occurs intermittently if someone is targeting the boss while accepting a rez after a wipe.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 02-14-2014 at 02:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast