+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tzul as a melee...

Default Tzul as a melee...

I die every time on Tzul (Archive of Flesh Expert), behind him, or in front... any strat other than going range?

Don't get hit by Bone Shrapnel, you make it difficult for the healer to keep you up after about 3/4 stacks. Tell your tank to reposition him so only the boss gets hit.

Edit: Bone Shrapnel explosions start from the side Tzul spawns at. After he does the run-out mechanic they explode from the other side. A decent tank can position the boss so only it gets hit and after the run-out reposition again so only the boss gets hit.
    Last edited by Zazen; 02-11-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelfear View Post
    I die every time on Tzul (Archive of Flesh Expert), behind him, or in front... any strat other than going range?
    Stand at max melee in Tzul's face. He doesn't cleave.

Stay at max melee and you should be fine. Unless the tank has him poorly positioned and is getting hit with the debuff. If you're getting hit with the debuff move back toward the middle of the bridge. If you're out of range and still getting hit, you have a bad tank and I'm sorry.

On a side note, I would expect most tanks to be bad. The average tank is so over-geared that they stand in everything and are fine.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Quote Originally Posted by Carinae View Post
    Stand at max melee in Tzul's face. He doesn't cleave.

Stay at max melee and you should be fine. Unless the tank has him poorly positioned and is getting hit with the debuff. If you're getting hit with the debuff move back toward the middle of the bridge. If you're out of range and still getting hit, you have a bad tank and I'm sorry.

On a side note, I would expect most tanks to be bad. The average tank is so over-geared that they stand in everything and are fine.
    That, and he gets stacks twice as fast if he gets hit by more than one shrapnel at a time....Which you can't do if you park him at the safe spot.

Kinda depends on your group.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    That, and he gets stacks twice as fast if he gets hit by more than one shrapnel at a time....Which you can't do if you park him at the safe spot.

Kinda depends on your group.
    Great replies, ty.. I'll do as suggested and stand at max range, hopefully Tank knows as much and if not, is accepting of advise ;)

Ascendant

Can usually burn him fast enough/heal well enough to survive with 3-4 stacks.

Really just depends on the group, gear, healer etc.

+ Reply to Thread