+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best raid setup for I:DH pug?

Shadowlander

Default Best raid setup for I:DH pug?

Hello,
    as I missed my guild's raids this week, I wanna make a pug group for I: DH, and could use some help (will be my first pug raid-leading):
    Do you need 1 or 2 tanks?
    2 or 3 healers? I play cleric, I am thinking of going Puri, would Chloro be good as a second healer?
    Do I want support roles? How many? Bard, pyrochon, or both? What about defiler.
    Yes, I've cleared the place many times, but I never paid attention to group's composition, was focusing on my own job in there :P
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Kaldewyr; 02-06-2014 at 02:51 PM.

How we do it;

- 1 tank
    - 1 purifier + 1chloro/sentinel61 -note: (on third boss, 1warden+1chloro)
    - 1 bard
    - 6dps (or take out the bard and 7dps)
    Rift: 38/42
    Rift - Storm Legion: 21/29

Plane Touched

1 tank
    1 puri/chloro
    1 defiler/necro
    1 bard (should be able to keep up on the aoe from Isskal)
    1 archon
    5 dps

10 clerics.

Rift Disciple

if you are better geared then:

1 tank
    6 dps
    1 pyro/archon or harb/archon
    1 bard
    1 chloro

regards
    flaming

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Yep as people have already said, one tank is enough to cover all bosses, you'll also need 3 reliable interrupters for the third boss as sometimes he will cast his one interruptable spell 'ice shard' three times in a row fast, very fast.

A good tip on the last boss for the trash packs that start the event, have everyone go AoE spec, burn all the trash down and if the DPS was high enough, people have time to get out of combat and change back to single target specs before the boss reaches the end and becomes active

1 clank
    1 necro
    1 bard
    1 druid with healer fearie
    1 harb with LGV
    1 pyrochon
    4x good dps

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

1 tank, cleric/paladin preferred, failing that, rogue
    1 chloro (goes dps on 3rd boss)
    1 defiler for trash/2nd+4th boss
    1 warden for 3rd boss
    1 bard
    if possible, an archon hybrid
    rest dps.

warden can easily solo-heal if the interrupts are on spot.
    defiler is mandatory for trash before 4th boss. links+PT+UT= win.
    chloro handles the heals.

notes :

Jorb :
    chloro can handle all the heals, unless he is morphed twice in a row.

Joloral :
    chloro CAN solo heal, if your deeps is good enough. however, its good to have a puri/defiler handy for spot heals. defiler preferred by far.

Isskal :
    warden can solo heal with ease. even effusion spam will carry you through.

Hydriss :
    you can run a puri, but once again, defiler is almost mandatory. on the trash pull, you can have an additional puri if you wish, but imho, if your tank, defiler and chloro are competent, you dont need to worry.
    make sure you have atleast 2-3 dedicated AOE specs in your raid, like champion/sab/cabalist.

unless your dps sucks horribly, you should have enough time to kill adds and swap specs before boss comes down.

we usually ignore the bubbles, and just burn the boss. just in case you dont have enough deeps for that, assign 3-4 people to dedicated CC. have them knockback, stun, pull or fear the blobs.

Rift Chaser

For Isskal you don't need a tank, as long as you do the interupts properly. Not sure if you wanna try that in a pug though. :P

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
    1 tank
    1 puri/chloro
    1 defiler/necro
    1 bard (should be able to keep up on the aoe from Isskal)
    1 archon
    5 dps
    This is the standard template for IDH pugs, although I'd lean towards the Defiler just to be on the safe side. Unstable Trans and the ability to cleanse the tank healer on Hydriss are valuable.

Necro might do a bit more DPS but Defiler is no slouch in IDH... Pain Transmission works well on every pull. In pugs with random players I'd much rather trade a few thousand DPS for the ability to prevent tank deaths.
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

GDAAAY NOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by Temo View Post
    For Isskal you don't need a tank, as long as you do the interupts properly. Not sure if you wanna try that in a pug though. :P
    That saying, you might get occasional death if boss decides to crit somebody with autoattack. And you better have enough hp to survive autoattack. Not recommended for random pugs

http://www.twitch.tv/mynameisloque/b/501028949
    No tank on Isskal strat - 01:21:01 (yes, we ran 2 healers, because it doesn't matter, I couldn't be bothered to switch ^^)

You are all using one tank... Can you specify the HP of your tanks, since we can't do the second boss with just one. I have 67k, and I can't tank the boss+2 adds alone, since I get smashed even with a puri and chloro on me. Maybe we are low on dps parse, but I would like your opinions. Thanks
    Korgaz@Zaviel
    Zaxel@Bloodiron

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Grabulja View Post
    You are all using one tank... Can you specify the HP of your tanks, since we can't do the second boss with just one. I have 67k, and I can't tank the boss+2 adds alone, since I get smashed even with a puri and chloro on me. Maybe we are low on dps parse, but I would like your opinions. Thanks
    Is your raid using a Defiler or Necro? The 30% mitigation from Link of Agony or Soul Bond is pretty much a "must-have" for any encounter with heavy tank damage. I'm at 80k self-buffed and I'll still ask for a Defiler in IDH pugs if I don't fully trust the healer(s).

I've healed tanks with less than 60k and been healed by undergeared healers, the 30% link is key in those situations.
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

GDAAAY NOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by Grabulja View Post
    As another person mentioned, Defiler link saves as ses using one tank. I think I have 58k currently and can single tank it. Make use of your CDs as well, and prob have the group kill the first add then burn boss.
    Last edited by Llokii; 02-07-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ginc View Post
    Is your raid using a Defiler or Necro? The 30% mitigation from Link of Agony or Soul Bond is pretty much a "must-have" for any encounter with heavy tank damage. I'm at 80k self-buffed and I'll still ask for a Defiler in IDH pugs if I don't fully trust the healer(s).

I've healed tanks with less than 60k and been healed by undergeared healers, the 30% link is key in those situations.
    If you have a decently geared tank, such as poster b4 u with 67k HP, u dont need either a defiler or Necro. I solo heal as chloro or puri pretty much every week with neither. However, wont attempt to solo heal 2nd boss if we have low dps. That fight is the only 1 that rly depends on how fast u burn the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Llokii View Post
    As another person mentioned, Defiler link saves as ses using one tank. I think I have 58k currently and can single tank it. Make use of your CDs as well, and prob have the group kill the first add then burn boss.
    Just burn boss, rly the adds r not what hurt, its the stacks the boss gets, so the faster u kill the boss, the easier it is to heal the tank.

Or go back to kiting the boss (old school 1 week after Lvl 50 DH came out)
    Last edited by DaCommando; 02-07-2014 at 07:12 PM.
    Retired

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast