+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question about Raid lock

Default Question about Raid lock

Hi all

I've been playing Rift for 3.5 weeks now and i got myself T1 ready, and I've realized i can do 1 Raid (be it ToDQ, I: DH, FT, EE) only once per week?

I do understand the concept of progression raiding and its really good (for T2 atm) but seeing how T1 raids are not that hard (mostly coordination required) why can't we lift the restriction on farming T1's?

I'm lucky enough to have a guild that can run all T1's in 2 days time (2 per day, heck even if we were determined in a single day, but irl>games), so I'm pretty much left sitting around for a week w/o raids....

Yes there are quite alot of other things i can do in the mean time but still... I want to raid, but cant
    Last edited by VolitheBear; 02-06-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Rift Disciple

Pretty sure you can do each raid 1 time a week as that's how it is in most MMOs

Quote Originally Posted by blazin View Post
    Pretty sure you can do each raid 1 time a week as that's how it is in most MMOs
    yeah i know sry for bad phrasing (english is not my first language) I meant each raid once per week
    Last edited by VolitheBear; 02-06-2014 at 08:53 AM.

2 problems it would create if you could chain run t1.

1. There is a mark cap per week so would you want that lifted as well? easy to see the problem there and if the mark capnwasnt removed why would you need to keepnrunning them? Gear i guess

2. Gear drops. You would be able to just farm anything and everything you ever needed gear wise in a week. Maybe not you but others with more time. While i would love to be able to rune ft over and over for the crucia trinket that i never got and to stock up on radiant infinity cells to upgrade all my pvp gear and t1 tank gear i still have less it would really defeat the point of the game.

Basicly everyone could be full bis t1 stuff in under a month or even in a day or 2 if they have a lot of free time and negate all of t1 content. Then you have a ton of people going from levelijg to t2 content in as little time as they want and then your left in the same boat. Clear t2 content and there is nothing left to do.

My advise is make an alt or 2 or 5 to fill in the time. Because at some point your going to run out of anything at all to do. T2 cleared in 1 night full rank 90 its only thursday its alts or nothing the rest of the lockout :'(

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    2 problems it would create if you could chain run t1.

1. There is a mark cap per week so would you want that lifted as well? easy to see the problem there and if the mark capnwasnt removed why would you need to keepnrunning them? Gear i guess

2. Gear drops. You would be able to just farm anything and everything you ever needed gear wise in a week. Maybe not you but others with more time. While i would love to be able to rune ft over and over for the crucia trinket that i never got and to stock up on radiant infinity cells to upgrade all my pvp gear and t1 tank gear i still have less it would really defeat the point of the game.

Basicly everyone could be full bis t1 stuff in under a month or even in a day or 2 if they have a lot of free time and negate all of t1 content. Then you have a ton of people going from levelijg to t2 content in as little time as they want and then your left in the same boat. Clear t2 content and there is nothing left to do.

My advise is make an alt or 2 or 5 to fill in the time. Because at some point your going to run out of anything at all to do. T2 cleared in 1 night full rank 90 its only thursday its alts or nothing the rest of the lockout :'(
    And eventually you're going to be in my boat, where there's maybe 2-3 things left in T2 you want and your alts no longer need anything from T1.

Then you really just kinda twiddle your thumbs between lockouts. D;
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    And eventually you're going to be in my boat, where there's maybe 2-3 things left in T2 you want and your alts no longer need anything from T1.

Then you really just kinda twiddle your thumbs between lockouts. D;
    You mean, then you run T2 with your alts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    You mean, then you run T2 with your alts.
    The only T2 pugs I see are 1/5 PB egg runs and the occasional 2/4 GA with the rare random guild needing a body or two to fill their roster for IG progression.

I'd do them if they're more frequent, but they're fairly uncommon. Think I'll stick to twiddling my thumbs >.>

The only T2 pugs I see are 1/5 PB egg runs and the occasional 2/4 GA with the rare random guild needing a body or two to fill their roster for IG progression.

I'd do them if they're more frequent, but they're fairly uncommon. Think I'll stick to twiddling my thumbs >.>
    Get your guildies to get better alts (but yes that is mostly what I do too)
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 02-10-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Get your guildies to get better alts (but yes that is mostly what I do too)
    Most of them don't raise alts. I think I can count the number of people who have T2 ready alts on the fingers of my hands.

If you have other players in your guild with enough time to have t2 ready alts why not spend the extra time with those players to try to finish GA?

Most of them don't raise alts. I think I can count the number of people who have T2 ready alts on the fingers of my hands.
    Strange, I thought having all content on farm for months would make people try to play the game from a different perspective.

We have Abo on farm for a couple of weeks and we have assigned 1 day in the week for T2 alt runs (we started doing them earlier even, while Abo was on pogress), think that is one of the few reasons some guildies still play this game

Idk, personally i have 2 T2 ready alts, if I had only a main character i would probably quit long ago.

Got to log on the weekends for the 4/9+ alt/pug runs.

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    Got to log on the weekends for the 4/9+ alt/pug runs.
    My weekends are usually spoken for and, according to a certain someone, they do not belong to me anymore.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 02-11-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meph1111 View Post
    If you have other players in your guild with enough time to have t2 ready alts why not spend the extra time with those players to try to finish GA?
    We do~

We haven't had a 2nd 20 man raid in a while, but typically still finish 3 GA groups a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Eione View Post
    Strange, I thought having all content on farm for months would make people try to play the game from a different perspective.

We have Abo on farm for a couple of weeks and we have assigned 1 day in the week for T2 alt runs (we started doing them earlier even, while Abo was on pogress), think that is one of the few reasons some guildies still play this game

Idk, personally i have 2 T2 ready alts, if I had only a main character i would probably quit long ago.
    Probably explains why a number of them have become raid loggers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast