+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kaliban issue.

Default Kaliban issue.

Has anyone else noticed that Magma Lord Kaliban has a habit of targeting someone who was just battle rez'd with his charge? They're stuck on a load screen and can't get behind the rock. Seems to happen quite often to us.

Don't have them die to LOS or the mines from the trap then. Its random who he picks.

Or res after.
    Last edited by Boase; 02-05-2014 at 11:38 AM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Or res after.
    Wait for a name to be called for Gaze before accepting the res? That's just madness.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Wait for a name to be called for Gaze before accepting the res? That's just madness.
    That'd make as much sense as waiting for an aoe mechanic to drop before taking a bres.

Who even does that?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Of course it makes perfect sense to wait before rezzing the dead player or for them to accept it. But the boss also shouldn't target someone who is on a load screen. They were dead, they should be completely off the aggro table at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Acesfool View Post
    Of course it makes perfect sense to wait before rezzing the dead player or for them to accept it. But the boss also shouldn't target someone who is on a load screen. They were dead, they should be completely off the aggro table at that point.
    That's not how it works.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

Hey guys! I found a way to get out of combat during a fight! all you need to do is die and take a brez during mechanics!!! WOAH!
    FLUTTERBAT IS AWESOME http://tinyurl.com/m62aap9 THIS FANDOM IS CATCHY! < awesome pmv of 2013 http://tinyurl.com/ko5rb9k < another awesome Catch up on the fandom! http://tinyurl.com/bukqn5j <fanmade Trailer!
    Warrior~Gorem 60-7x, Coriolis #1 Oceanic Guild! World 6th Na 3rd VOLAN AND INRA! Oceanic Firsts everything! Also I'm a Christian/South Afrikan Zulu Warrior/Brony - deal with it

I guess it was foolish of me to expect a mature discussion. Nonetheless, no other boss, in raids or dungeons, seems to target people who are on a load screen. So IMHO it is something that needs to be addressed.

xxs
    Plane Touched

I guess it was foolish of me to expect a mature discussion. Nonetheless, no other boss, in raids or dungeons, seems to target people who are on a load screen. So IMHO it is something that needs to be addressed.
    Ironically, Kaliban (in emp. core) would do that too. The load screen, itself, is the real culprit, it has to be turned into normal soul walk with 3-4sec timer and no lame black&white screen.

Champion

Not quite. I've been in plenty of experts where people get locked out, yet still have single target mechanics hit them. You can't get any more off the aggro table than locked out of the instance, yet mechanics still hit them.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
    Not quite. I've been in plenty of experts where people get locked out, yet still have single target mechanics hit them. You can't get any more off the aggro table than locked out of the instance, yet mechanics still hit them.
    That happens in raids as well. See Salvarola, Regulos, most pre-SL bosses, etc.
    Erct - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane.
    4/4 RoF, 5/5 MS, 2/3 TF, HK 10/11, 4/4 iGP HM, your MoM 4/9.

The OP Has a legitimate complaint but it's not the one he has highlighted. The issue is why does accepting a rez necessitate a loading screen and several seconds of inactivity followed by the slight delay in redrawing the local participants?

I don't remember any MMO having such a disconnected resurrection implementation.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    The OP Has a legitimate complaint but it's not the one he has highlighted. The issue is why does accepting a rez necessitate a loading screen and several seconds of inactivity followed by the slight delay in redrawing the local participants?

I don't remember any MMO having such a disconnected resurrection implementation.
    Yeah, this is a general resurrection issue, not a Kaliban-specific one. I mean, we're all used to dealing with it and accept that on some encounters you have to time your res properly to survive, but it still is annoying.

For what its worth, FFXIV was worse when I played it. You didn't get a loading screen but you were stuck in a res animation for what seemed like an eternity before you could actually move.
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

GDAAAY NOOOOO

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post

This I definitely agree with. They need to really smooth rezzing out to get rid of that big delay. It's the number two killer in raids besides people s general ineptitude.
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast