+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is CQ power absolutely necessary for t2 raiding?

Shadowlander

Default Is CQ power absolutely necessary for t2 raiding?

I've heard guilds saying you must have CQ maxed to join, because of the movespeed and hp buffs it provides in PvE. However, I cannot personally do this because my computer can barely run port scion, much less CQ. Every time I've tried I dipped to about 1-2 fps or less, making it unplayable. So is it completely necessary to raid t2? Or are the buffs overhyped?

There is also +60 SP/AP. I don't think it is mandatory, but it does help.

Rift Disciple

Absolutely necessary? Not at all.
    Does it help? It certainly does. Extra runspeed for movement phases (think thrax and inyr'kta), some extra spell/attack power and extra hp.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Happysack View Post
    There is also +60 SP/AP. I don't think it is mandatory, but it does help.
    +120 actually, readiness 1, 2, and 3 stack with eachother (same goes for the other buffs)

Champion

I'd carry around endurance pots and maybe and endurance seal for specific fights in T2 if you find your hp a little low. That's the biggest thing you gain from conquest power I think.

I definitely feel ya on the 1-2 fps though. I'm usually killed by people who haven't loaded onto my screen yet. I'll be wondering 'why aren't we pushing, everyone's 25m away', then die, then see that I was right on the zerg's doorstep.

The 1 week decay recently implemented should help. Even if you just tag the end of CQ, you'll still accumulate points pretty consistently and be able to get readiness 2.

I think they are useful and i would think most T2 raiding guilds will probably want you to have some readiness abilities, however i would think some of the guilds would care *more* about your abilities, mechanics, and talent.

If you do work on CQ, then remember to turn off or down all your settings and look at some of the forum posts about how to adjust your settings as well in your Rift.cfg file I think it is called.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
    I'd carry around endurance pots and maybe and endurance seal for specific fights in T2 if you find your hp a little low. That's the biggest thing you gain from conquest power I think.

I definitely feel ya on the 1-2 fps though. I'm usually killed by people who haven't loaded onto my screen yet. I'll be wondering 'why aren't we pushing, everyone's 25m away', then die, then see that I was right on the zerg's doorstep.

The 1 week decay recently implemented should help. Even if you just tag the end of CQ, you'll still accumulate points pretty consistently and be able to get readiness 2.
    I am the same way, I feel pretty useless to my team in CQ unless I am a warden and can just mindlessly aoe heal, else I can't target proper people as my fps is <1 in CQ battles. I will be happy when my CQ power is above 180k+ again so I don't have to deal with it as often.

Plane Walker

If you can't do Port scion or CQ with your current graphics, how do you expect to raid? I'm not trying to troll or be mean, just sayin' you need to be pretty lag free if your going to raid most PvE content. =/
    Friends Don't let Friends buy Lock-boxes

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyloch View Post
    If you can't do Port scion or CQ with your current graphics, how do you expect to raid? I'm not trying to troll or be mean, just sayin' you need to be pretty lag free if your going to raid most PvE content. =/
    Big difference between a 20 person raid setting and 20+ versus 20+ fighting each other. You should know i'm clearly capable of raiding

Rift Chaser

It never is "necessary", but you generally need a certain amount of max health to prevent RNG deaths on some T2 raid encounters, ESPECIALLY on Volan. You'll find that when you try to do these bosses below a certain threshold that you end up dying randomly to unavoidable damage.

You can trade DPS for health by tweaking builds, using Endurance vials / seals / runes, or a piece or 2 of tank gear. However, if you can't do an acceptable level of DPS/healing with these tradeoffs, then you're still a liability overall.

The CQ power bonuses (and to a lesser extent, the PA tree) are the only boosts to max health that DON'T involve some kind of tradeoff. Its basically free stats if you put in the time to get them, and that's the reason why a lot of guilds "require" it - its more of a "this person put in the effort and shows he cares about raid performance" thing than a hard requirement.

And CQ power is not "hard" to get, its just time consuming to build up. You don't actually need to be "good" at it or have a good computer, just follow the zerg and do what you can.
    Last edited by ginc; 02-05-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

GDAAAY NOOOOO

no

10chars.
    Jiggy|Mage Officer|3/3 4/5|RR original

RIP LEGIT , t'was fun.

Just run around CQ until you get a 10minute tick of CQ power or capture extractors. Avoid battles if your computer sucks that much.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Champion of Telara

If your computer can barely handle CQ, like mine used to, then you will barely be able to handle Tier 2 raids and their mechanics. When I would get 1-2 FPS in CQ on my old parts, I'd have sub 10 frames on any encounter. When mechanics would actually happen it would dip to sub 5.

You're better off just upgrading the parts necessary in order to even be able to raid and enjoy it. It's completely worth it, I promise.

And no, you don't need to completely overhaul your computer. I changed out some RAM, my motherboard and CPU for about 400$. My GPU isn't top of the line either, only a 560. I get 30+ frames in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontlookatme View Post
    +120 actually, readiness 1, 2, and 3 stack with eachother (same goes for the other buffs)
    It's neither 60 or 120. It's 120 x 20 which is 2400. A lot of people forget this. You aren't the only one in the raid.

Just like the relic powerstone. It's not just an extra 5. It's 5 x 20 which is 80.

Is it needed? That's up to your raid leader to decide whether your raid needs more raid dps.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

CQ power is needed yes, even with aproaching 30k health in dps specs it's advantagous to live through Multiple Hard hitting mechanics if you ahve to get hit by them (like a lithic and a Expansion tick at the same time ;)

Def Required for the harder bosses n Progression , Though if your guilds not that hardcore then I guess not really if your only doing say.. eggs/prot
    FLUTTERBAT IS AWESOME http://tinyurl.com/m62aap9 THIS FANDOM IS CATCHY! < awesome pmv of 2013 http://tinyurl.com/ko5rb9k < another awesome Catch up on the fandom! http://tinyurl.com/bukqn5j <fanmade Trailer!
    Warrior~Gorem 60-7x, Coriolis #1 Oceanic Guild! World 6th Na 3rd VOLAN AND INRA! Oceanic Firsts everything! Also I'm a Christian/South Afrikan Zulu Warrior/Brony - deal with it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast