+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is CQ power absolutely necessary for t2 raiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorem View Post
    CQ power is needed yes [...] Def Required for the harder bosses n Progression
    No, it is not. It is helpful and comes without a cost (except for time), but it is not an absolute necessity to kill bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    But the bads are the majority and this needs to work in our favor because there's a lot of us.

4/4 3/3 5/5

If you cant jump once a week in conquest then you clearly dont need conquest power.

Shadowlander

If your RL timetable allows it, do CQ very late at night/early in the morning - at around 4-5 am there is like 2-5 people per team. That's less people than you would have in a 20m raid
    Focus on capturing unclaimed extractors.

Have your friends/guildies alert you when the 5 min. CQ timer starts, and jump in for fast and easy CP.

Shield of Telara

i wonder how many people in this thread saying cq power isnt necessary did volan progression before 2.5 without readiness 3

e: same deal with matriarch, regulos, ga progression when it was relevant

if you want a serious answer to this question, ask 2 days after t3 raids come out.
    Last edited by archaionfm; 02-06-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by archaionfm View Post
    i wonder how many people in this thread saying cq power isnt necessary did volan progression before 2.5 without readiness 3

e: same deal with matriarch, regulos, ga progression when it was relevant

if you want a serious answer to this question, ask 2 days after t3 raids come out.
    Gotta love see overkill<700 in the death logs.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

I don't know if this is of any help for you. But, turning off addons in CQ does wonders to your FPS if your PC isn't too great.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by irkiz View Post
    Just like the relic powerstone. It's not just an extra 5. It's 5 x 20 which is 80.
    I lul'd.

But on a more serious note: While it may not be as big of a deal in a casual guild or a 'progression' guild trying to break into T2 content 6 months after release after several sets of nerfs / player buffs. But in any sort of serious guild 1460hps, 120ap/sp, and 6% run speed make a huge difference. While it is still theoretically possible to progress, the amount of setback you will encounter is going to be relatively large. Many guilds get their first kills within seconds of enrage timer, if not a little after so the AP/SP matters. And on fights like Volan hps are invaluable. You may be able to stick them in an unfamiliar spec just because it has additional hps such as chloro, or lock but unless they are confident in the spec then it's obviously going to have sub par results on top of their already sub par stats. Some people suggest running an endurance seal, and while that does work to fix your hps, now you are double screwed when it comes to dps as now not only did you lose 120SP, but you also lost 104 primary stat and 19cp....That's kind of like doing progression raiding and not using any sort of powerstones at all which means enrage timers WILL be an issue if you have very many people like this.

A guild will always be able to carry a few undergeared or underperforming players, but the vast majority of raiders will need cq if you want to progress in any sort of timely manner.

With the changes to cq decaying only 1/week there really is no reason not to max it out. Even if your computer sucks you can still run around and cap extractors for 200 each and max it out in a reasonable amount of time.

another thing you can do, that I have heard people do, is to turn off *names* during CQ.. Try that as well for less lag. Kinda weird not seeing names, but it does help.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

You'll need CQ power unless you are completely decked out from the previous gear with Relics. Otherwise you're going to find yourself replacing pieces of gear for endurance heavy ones (includes runes) to meet the health check.

Anyone who says you don't need CQ Power either already have the gear, run specs that have increased health, have not done Volan, or lack the attitude to help their raid.

"It's a 20-Man Team, not a 1-Man Show." - Byaku

Shield of Telara

Not trying to be devil's advocate here, but come 2.6 with DreamOrbs the requirement may not really be there. You will be picking up everything and then some but the run speed from the orbs. However, do NOT discount the run speed. Runspeed will help you overcome some seriously tight time based issues. Thrax alone will make it worth it!

Most people ignore that you get 120 AP/SP from readiness 3. That is a pretty big upgrade if you ask me. More than getting a few drops from raid tier 1 over expert. Plus you can do CQ during non-raid times.

Quote Originally Posted by Daayou View Post
    Not trying to be devil's advocate here, but come 2.6 with DreamOrbs the requirement may not really be there. You will be picking up everything and then some but the run speed from the orbs.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Because Dream Orbs are going to boost people, future raid tests on PTS are going to be adjusted according to people having these. In other words, future raids might be upped a bit and thus, the requirement might be the same as of now.
    Last edited by Yaarielle; 02-08-2014 at 01:15 PM.
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by skatojustice View Post
    no

10chars.
    No, because you can be carried by the rest of the raid who do have CQ power. If you're ok with that, then yeah by all means, ignore it.
    Oceanic raiding, robot style.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdbUbNFLLQ

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by meph1111 View Post
    Most people ignore that you get 120 AP/SP from readiness 3. That is a pretty big upgrade if you ask me. More than getting a few drops from raid tier 1 over expert. Plus you can do CQ during non-raid times.
    this really. No one would think of going into a raid without making sure all their raiders were using their stones and vials but they are willing to ignore that 120 AP/SP

with only needing to do CQ once a week now once you have readiness 3 every raider should have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Shadowlander

So it seems the consensus is I should go spend the time to get it.

So how long does it take to get CQ power maxed? I will likely only spend a few minutes in each CQ, probably at the end to tag it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast