+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Raiding in RIFT is a huge waste of time for some of us.

Default Raiding in RIFT is a huge waste of time for some of us.

First, the requirements for entering a raid that could easily be completed in full blue gear are simply shameless, full t1 geared, 520+hit, rapid assault achievement, torvan geared etc.
    So weekly you enter a raid like that and realize that you are there to carry people, wiping there for couple of hours where half of party is t1 geared dealing 5-7k dps, 4-6 healers, 2 support and from 8 people none of them are capable of cleansing. Rarely you see anyone doing 20-25k and even that is disputable since no one even cares about buff, debuffs synchronization, keeping the boss in place and so on.
    What I am trying to point out is that 98% of the community has no skill, i feel like playing with some primitive form of AI from 80's. Every week same story, same problems just different people, if i gear one character in full blues, 424 hit and put my 87yo grampa to play it with 1 button macro, he would still be able to outplay half of raid members while watching news on TV.
    Like that is not enough for testing my nerves, there are always and i mean always, some intellectuals in our party, debating the wipe scene, talking, insulting and blaming others for their mistakes.

Same thing if you do a guild progression, i really dont understand how can you call that progression when you get overnerfed content, full guides, alerts and tactics for every possible encounter and still you cant do it. You spend there 3 hours wiping with people which never use insoles, oilstone, whetstone, vials and other consumables, no kalerts, no buffs, debuffs priority and synchronization. Weekly progressing with people who don't know which one is their left side, right side, back, jump, clockwise etc only so that next week to start all over again because they forgot what they did last week. Needless to say about the drama people make over TS for some +30 ap/sp ****z drop, they struggle to do 20k dps in t2 gear, they have their CQ power on zero, but hey, i am the guild officer, guild loot council and i think i deserve it more...whatever dude.

I don't know how other people are having fun like this, but i surely don't, bad people outnumber and drag good people back, there are no rewards for those who perform well, on contrary, they are forced to carry slackers.
    I just wanted to share my thoughts since you wont see me around for a long period time and this time i don't plan on coming back, so feel free to troll or as you wish.

Perhaps the common factor in all these groups you're in is you???

Nah, couldn't be.
    Rianeva@Deepwood

Join a guild that suits your playstyle and level of competency.
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

Videogames are serious business
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Quadron View Post
    What I am trying to point out is that 98% of the community has no skill,
    You are the 2%. Please carry me oh great one.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

I'm confused, are you asking for raids to be nerfed, because people are too stupid/cant be bothered learning tactics or playing properly?
    So should a player who does know how to play properly be able to solo raids?

Raids are supposed to be extremely challeging content, stay out of it if you cant handle wiping every once in a while.
    When mistakes are made, its only fair that your group wipes so it can learn not to do those mistakes. (depending on how serious the mistake is atleast)

And this sounds as if its pugs, atleast no guild i've been in has ever allowed people to just slack around while the rest of us carry them, its a team effort, do your part or get kicked.

Your first two sentences tell the entire story. You're running into a problem with players, not a problem with game design around raids.

Players are the ones wanting you to be overgeared for the content. Players are the ones asking you to link achievements. Players are the ones expecting exorbitant amounts of DPS from all others.

There is something to be said about bad players. Bad players will be bad, but should "average" players be bad? Are specs currently too difficult for the average player to pick up and be efficient at? Are the specs not outlined in a w ay that it's easy for people to pick up on the rotation?

It's my belief that the game should give some form of benefit to those willing to put forth the effort to be the best. If we're going to toss out numbers, they should be the ones in the 20-22k range of DPS. Those average players though? They should all be in the range of 15-18k+ without any problem... but they aren't. This tells me there is a problem somewhere, either the fact people cannot read and understand abilities or the classes are too "difficult" for them to learn.
    Last edited by Techie Will; 02-02-2014 at 12:32 PM.

Shield of Telara

Pugs are always bad regardless of what game you're playing, if you don't like them stop joining pug raids.

Join a guild, and if your guild sucks then join a different guild. It really is that simple.

Sounds like you've been doing pug raids or been raiding with folks that don't share your mindset.

Time to move onto a different, better guild! One that uses DKP, from your apparent dislike of loot council systems.

That is, of course, on the assumption that you are all you think you are and not a random pug calling other pugs bad.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Sounds like you joined a bad raid. Of which there are plenty.

Join a guild, learn which groups aren't going to be full of bads and don't join groups that are going to down 2-3 bosses over the course of a week.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

First, the requirements for entering a raid that could easily be completed in full blue gear are simply shameless, full t1 geared, 520+hit, rapid assault achievement, torvan geared etc.
    So weekly you enter a raid like that and realize that you are there to carry people, wiping there for couple of hours where half of party is t1 geared dealing 5-7k dps, 4-6 healers, 2 support and from 8 people none of them are capable of cleansing. Rarely you see anyone doing 20-25k and even that is disputable since no one even cares about buff, debuffs synchronization, keeping the boss in place and so on.
    What I am trying to point out is that 98% of the community has no skill, i feel like playing with some primitive form of AI from 80's. Every week same story, same problems just different people, if i gear one character in full blues, 424 hit and put my 87yo grampa to play it with 1 button macro, he would still be able to outplay half of raid members while watching news on TV.
    Like that is not enough for testing my nerves, there are always and i mean always, some intellectuals in our party, debating the wipe scene, talking, insulting and blaming others for their mistakes.

Same thing if you do a guild progression, i really dont understand how can you call that progression when you get overnerfed content, full guides, alerts and tactics for every possible encounter and still you cant do it. You spend there 3 hours wiping with people which never use insoles, oilstone, whetstone, vials and other consumables, no kalerts, no buffs, debuffs priority and synchronization. Weekly progressing with people who don't know which one is their left side, right side, back, jump, clockwise etc only so that next week to start all over again because they forgot what they did last week. Needless to say about the drama people make over TS for some +30 ap/sp ****z drop, they struggle to do 20k dps in t2 gear, they have their CQ power on zero, but hey, i am the guild officer, guild loot council and i think i deserve it more...whatever dude.

I don't know how other people are having fun like this, but i surely don't, bad people outnumber and drag good people back, there are no rewards for those who perform well, on contrary, they are forced to carry slackers.
    I just wanted to share my thoughts since you wont see me around for a long period time and this time i don't plan on coming back, so feel free to troll or as you wish.
    Hahaha right on dude! You summed up the player base of every MMO.

-Foo
    NQ - Foo

Ascendant

Whats up Foo

LMAO.... So you feel the need to vent on a forum for joining a guild full of nincompoops (yeah i love that word). A problem that is entirely on your own hands. Join a proper raiding guild if you want to raid dude. Problem solved !

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

i admit, i know nothing about syncing my CD blocks with the raid buffs, coz nobody ever calls it out.

i also admit, that most of the raid-capable population cannot do even 50% of their potential performance.

i downed regulos 2 weeks ago with my guild, and we had progressed on him for around 3 weeks, or 5-6 tries (two tries per week), and it was about perfect. just a couple of peeps failed mechanics. but it was all a matter of getting the timings right. i honestly think that regulos is quite an easy boss atm, and if guilds are unable to down him, its due to incompetent nincompoops. honestly, i was like "thats regulos? meh". i did get a small jolt of excitement, but the disappointemnt i felt ruined the moment.

please have more 2 levels of raiding : hardcore and casual. casual nerfs the raids further, gives half the currency and has loot stats reduced. hardcore un-nerfs the bosses to original difficulty, nothing else is changed.

THEN it'll show who is the real raider, and everyone walks away happy.

I approve this to be the Ultimate Guide for PUGs common behavior !!
    I keel Em Too Fast !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast