+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Combine T1 Raid Hearts

Soulwalker

Default Combine T1 Raid Hearts

I was planning on making an elaborate post, but think I will just stick with a simple question to Trion and a request.

Please consider making the weapon upgrades only require a single heart, which you can either get from Crucia or Regulos

Some weapons require the Heart of Crucia. Some weapons require the Heart of Regulos. This is fine as-is.

No reason to let either Heart upgrade weapons. Also be glad that they made the change to upgrade path to utilize only ONE heart versus the original path that required BOTH hearts.

Reasonable request considering all T2 weapons and tier pieces upgrade with Heart of the Planebreaker. They may as well standardize T1 as well.

(I wish more Hearts of the Planebreaker would drop though)
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Shield of Telara

At this stage in the game I would honestly agree that this seems reasonable. T1 content has been obsolete for awhile now and Trion is trying to enable players into T2 raids through a series of encounter nerfs / player buffs ect in order to see new content.

Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    At this stage in the game I would honestly agree that this seems reasonable. T1 content has been obsolete for awhile now and Trion is trying to enable players into T2 raids through a series of encounter nerfs / player buffs ect in order to see new content.
    minus the part where shiny oranges are not and have not been required to progress between tiers.

They're just shiny.

The extra ~50sp / ~15 weapon dps / ~5 stats is not going to make or break your T2 progression.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    minus the part where shiny oranges are not and have not been required to progress between tiers.

They're just shiny.

The extra ~50sp / ~15 weapon dps / ~5 stats is not going to make or break your T2 progression.
    Your right, it's not make or break for progressing to the next tier. -But so what??

That doesn't change the fact that it will still help, and most importantly people like shiny objects, so why not give it to them.

pepperidge farm remembers when u needed both hearts

Quote Originally Posted by meph1111 View Post
    pepperidge farm remembers when u needed both hearts
    And that's why I have a Crucia's Heart, from our 2nd Crucia kill sitting in my bank that will be forever useless because I'm a rogue, and nothing a rogue can use upgrades with her heart

Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    most importantly people like shiny objects, so why not give it to them.
    I like shiny objects, and I've beaten all current content more than a handful of times.

Why not give me all the shinies I want?

See where that's going? Yeah, that exact same reason would apply to the T1 folks and T1 relics.

You have what you need; You want the shinies? Earn / Farm for it.

xxs
    Plane Touched

And that's why I have a Crucia's Heart, from our 2nd Crucia kill sitting in my bank that will be forever useless because I'm a rogue, and nothing a rogue can use upgrades with her heart
    They should be runebreakable and relic runebreaks should be 3-4 dreaming start. It looks like a reasonable request to me.

Shield of Telara

I like shiny objects, and I've beaten all current content more than a handful of times.

Why not give me all the shinies I want?

See where that's going? Yeah, that exact same reason would apply to the T1 folks and T1 relics.

You have what you need; You want the shinies? Earn / Farm for it.
    We get it, you cleared all T1 content well over a year ago and earned your regulos weapon the hard way. However there is still a significant portion of rift that hasn't, including the influx of FTP players. Reasonable requests to progress through T1 content and get them relatively caught up to the masses should be entertained. I would 1000x rather them hand out gear slightly easier than to completely neuter entire encounters like they did with FT twins. Over time encounters naturally get toned down, and players get buffed such that everyone is eventually able to progress through content.

Additionally, please make sure to not equip any dream orbs once 2.6 comes out. After all you should have all the shinies you need to clear current content, just like ftp players should have enough gear to start their T2 progression without that relic weapon.

Rift Master

The only reason I entertain this idea is because Regulous is still a significantly more difficult encounter than Crucia, but Warriors/Rogues are being unevenly punished for it compared to casters because of the heart upgrade split.

I think its reasonable request. We got armor upgrades put in line, this will be pretty much QoL thing for many.

I miss the days when certain bosses upgraded certain pieces of gear =/

At least there was more emphasis on their importance than "filler bosses".

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    The only reason I entertain this idea is because Regulous is still a significantly more difficult encounter than Crucia, but Warriors/Rogues are being unevenly punished for it compared to casters because of the heart upgrade split.
    This I can kind of get on board with.

'least its got some amount of reasoning behind it outside of "its old content, hand out the loot!"

Though technically this wouldn't be QoL. It would be making loot that was otherwise unavailable because you couldn't kill boss X available to you without having to kill said boss.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 02-03-2014 at 09:21 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast