+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGrinnz
  • 1 Post By Caldern

Thread: Grim awakening- Kyzan

Soulwalker

Default Grim awakening- Kyzan

Hello everyone,

Last night we were doing Kyzan and there were some things that kept going wrong.

Every time i would get the necrotic expansion and delayed-annihilation dmg would coincide

i would die. It would always happen after i positioned myself away from anyone else and the

blue bubble is about to expire, milliseconds before i get the delayed-annihilation dmg i would

also get the necrotic expansion which would kill me instantaneously. Checking the combat

log i saw that I was getting hit by around 15k of delayed-annihilation..which is the "healable-

normal" dmg and at exactly the same time an extra 22k of necrotic expansion dmg which

would kill me. I've heard people suggesting that if your raid dps is low it can sort of trigger

such a behavior but the problem is that our raid dps was fine. It happened at least 5 times,

am i missing something? .Secondly most guides suggest that no two delayed-annihilation

bubbles should be overlapping each other, otherwise u ll probably die. What i 've noticed

was that if my bubble was overlapping with 1-2 bubbles of other people (but not the players

themselves) i would sometimes get no dmg at all (screen message saying something like

17k absorbed with no shield on me afaik) or would just take the normal dmg of delayed-

annihilation. If someone could shed some light on how these mechanisms work exactly it

would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Champion of Telara

This happens when your DPS is too low. Having too low DPS doesn't necessarily mean you will hit enrage. How many healers are you running?

Champion of Telara

I was going to add but edit timer FTL,

If you can't afford to drop your chloro, I suggest running a puri/chloro combo and have the puri shield the target of the necrotic expansion and have your chloro run LGV.

Rift Disciple

Yes, it happens even with normal dps. The puri HAS to shield the person with necrotic as soon as they get it, they can use cast target of target because Kyzan targets the person he's putting necrotic on. Also, have people not get hit by the necrotic, even if they don't get it (both the circle and the spray) because that will damage the person targetted.

We run Puri, Warden, Chloro and 1 tank it.

Ascendant

I've never shielded a necrotic expansion target in my life.

22k is not normal damage from necrotic expansion; in fact, I don't think even blatantly standing in the aoe is that much. Even if you're counting combined ticks from standing in it....don't stand in it?

The actual target of the expansion only eats minor ticks in the 3k range, easily healable by having your warden (who should really be the only full healer tbh) spamming Healing Effusion when applicable to ensure everyone is topped off. The key here is healing between mechanics to make sure combo damage doesn't kill anyone. For example, if everyone isn't topped off before Delayed Annihilation explodes, they should toss out a Healing Effusion. When Delayed Annihilation explodes, they can toss out a Healing Effusion, or if there is 1.5-2s left on the cast they can do Healing Cataract > Healing Effusion for an even larger burst heal, making sure ANY damage from other mechanics in the next few seconds will not kill anyone.

I run puri for our group and just drop a shield on whoever gets nec expansion. Granted, we do a puri and a warden (no chloro), so idk how that changes cast management and the like for your group.

Hm. I went to check what the no-no circle damage actually is, but it looks like no one took any damage from that in our last run. The highest hit I see from being the target is 6,687 (average around 5k) ticking every 2s.

And delayed got nerfed down to a 15k hit. Slice it up any way you like, but that's kind of piddling burst damage. If you're out of dungeon blues and have killed Crucia, this doesn't look like it should be an issue.

Of course, if folks are hanging out in that no-no circle (giggity), that really isn't a healing issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Of course, if folks are hanging out in that no-no circle (giggity), that really isn't a healing issue.
    Oh bby, I like the way you raid
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Rift Chaser

Necrotic Expansion does 2 different types of damage:

- The big-*** circle hits the target and anyone who stands in it for ticks of ~6k or so
    - The beam connecting Kyzan and the target hits anyone who touches it for ticks of 17k+

Both types of damage show up as Necrotic Expansion in the logs, but the beam is obviously much more deadly. If you don't clump up players in the middle, the beam won't be hitting anyone right away and people can just stay away from both.
    Last edited by ginc; 01-29-2014 at 10:43 AM.
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

GDAAAY NOOOOO

Please don't type your posts in Word.

that was kinda.. hard to read.. but yeah See what others have posted
    FLUTTERBAT IS AWESOME http://tinyurl.com/m62aap9 THIS FANDOM IS CATCHY! < awesome pmv of 2013 http://tinyurl.com/ko5rb9k < another awesome Catch up on the fandom! http://tinyurl.com/bukqn5j <fanmade Trailer!
    Warrior~Gorem 60-7x, Coriolis #1 Oceanic Guild! World 6th Na 3rd VOLAN AND INRA! Oceanic Firsts everything! Also I'm a Christian/South Afrikan Zulu Warrior/Brony - deal with it

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ginc View Post
    Necrotic Expansion does 2 different types of damage:

- The big-*** circle hits the target and anyone who stands in it for ticks of ~6k or so
    - The beam connecting Kyzan and the target hits anyone who touches it for ticks of 17k+

Both types of damage show up as Necrotic Expansion in the logs, but the beam is obviously much more deadly. If you don't clump up players in the middle, the beam won't be hitting anyone right away and people can just stay away from both.
    What you have described here is basically exactly the opposite of how necrotic expansion works.

The primary target(and anyone between the boss and them, and anyone slightly behind them) takes maybe 7k a tick from the spray of the torrent.

Anyone other than the primary target inside the expanding circle takes about 17k a tick.

+ Reply to Thread