+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By Vladd

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Return to Deepstrike

Plane Walker

Default Return to Deepstrike

Did the instance, killed all the mobs, zoned out and got deserter debuff. WTF? Why is completing this zone dependent on something other than killing all the bosses?
    Oceanic raiding, robot style.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdbUbNFLLQ

$5 you didn't actually complete the instance as far as the game was concerned.

There is/was some updating issue with the dungeon's progress quest, which was probably what happened to you.

If you dig around a bit, there were a few threads in these forums about it.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

THe issue, is with the 4 portals. Sometimes, even if you destroy all 4 portals, they don't all register. So you can finish the instance, but you don't get credit, (as in the Frozen eclipse stones, or Empyreal slayer marks).
    If that happens, write down the instance ID, and send in a ticket. I have had to do that several times lately. If you are a patron, you don't get bonus marks, just the dungeon specified amounts, but it's better than none!

Plane Walker

Why is the zone quest not updated by killing all the mobs? It's just poor design that needs to be addressed. The overloading quest needs to be unlinked from the zone quest. No other expert works that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorano View Post
    Why is the zone quest not updated by killing all the mobs? It's just poor design that needs to be addressed. The overloading quest needs to be unlinked from the zone quest. No other expert works that way.
    While I agree that its something that should be looked at and fixed so that it updates properly when the objectives are completed, I pretty much just rolled my eyes at your "Its not working like *I* want it to, therefore its poor design" argument.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Happysack View Post
    THe issue, is with the 4 portals. Sometimes, even if you destroy all 4 portals, they don't all register. So you can finish the instance, but you don't get credit, (as in the Frozen eclipse stones, or Empyreal slayer marks).
    If that happens, write down the instance ID, and send in a ticket. I have had to do that several times lately. If you are a patron, you don't get bonus marks, just the dungeon specified amounts, but it's better than none!
    You also dont lose your dungeon charge ;)
    The problem is very simple though, you cant destroy the first teleporter before the "talk" with batua is completed. Otherwise it wont register it for the quest (since you killed it before you actually got the quest) and you wont be able to complete the dungeon.
    They either need to make the teleporters immune until the actual quest starts or just remove the loong talking time of batua (and while theyre at it from the rest of the instance too.. it gets annoying quick).
    Last edited by paschl; 01-28-2014 at 04:44 PM.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    You also dont lose your dungeon charge ;)
    The problem is very simple though, you cant destroy the first teleporter before the "talk" with batua is completed. Otherwise it wont register it for the quest (since you killed it before you actually got the quest) and you wont be able to complete the dungeon.
    They either need to make the teleporters immune until the actual quest starts or just remove the loong talking time of batua (and while theyre at it from the rest of the instance too.. it gets annoying quick).
    No, this isn't the only problem. After wiping on the second boss, the quest reset our progress and didn't give credit for him when he did die. The rest we got credit for though.

Another time the a similar thing happened, except three portals didnt count toward the quest, and we never wiped.
    Last edited by Vertal; 01-29-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Happysack View Post
    This is exactly what has happened to me, and exactly what I did to fix it. Next day they confirmed we finished the instance and I got my marks.

IIRC, the bug occurrs when you kill off the first room and destroy the first portal too fast, before General Batisa (sp?) is finished with his emote. You don't get credit for that first portal, so you're only 3/4 when you finish.

The weird thing is, I thought they had fixed this a couple weeks ago in patch 8 or 9.

If you petition that you did not get completion credit despite killing the last boss, the GMs will sometimes give you the expert marks. Assuming of course that you didn't just skip to the last boss then wonder why you didn't get credit. I've had it happen because of not using teleporters until after killing the last boss, and not finishing the conversation with Batua until after killing the first boss.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 01-29-2014 at 01:18 PM.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Put in a fix for this today. Basically, the completion trigger for talk to Batua now fires when he says his first line of dialog instead of the last. There is a failsafe in the room before you get to the first teleporter as well so even if you breezed right past Batua, it'll still advance the quest.

Also, since the instance files were open, I added the time jump crystals to Jorthan and Ionraic like I've been promising to do. =)

Plane Walker

Thanks Vladd. Yay for the time jump crystals as well!

Thank you for that Vladd!

And when you are at it. Could you please fix exploit with direct access to last boss? I am getting sick of argueing everytime when I got this dungeon from random queue and someone wants to skip whole instance and just grab loot. I am not there for loot, I am there for a quest and marks/stones.

Thank you

Wow, thank you for the time jump crystals!

Those two minutes waiting in deepstrike are always an in-depth, profanity-laced party-wide discussion of how terrible Trion devs are. I'll be glad to not have to listen to that anymore; at least not in there.

How about that last encounter in the RoS chronicle now? You know, where we have to wait about three minutes after the dragon has gone down in order to collect the loot? The time jump at Plutonus is helpful, but it's less than half of the issue there.

Anyhow, thanks!

Don't you dare skip Ionraic's "Telara is nothing more than a husk to me. I have no use of a husk, or of you..."
    Korgaz@Zaviel
    Zaxel@Bloodiron

+ Reply to Thread