+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Some people and VERY BAD BEHAVIOR!

Soulwalker

Default Some people and VERY BAD BEHAVIOR!

So here I was, tanking the realm of fae (lvl 15) I died a few times because 2 people was mentoring down and pulling alot more then the healer could handle on me when I actually tried to tank what they pulled.

Anyways noone was blaming anyone or anything, and so right at the end before the end boss, they vote kicked me out and killed it so I didnt get any loot nor the reward from doing the instance...

Seriusly is that the kind of behavior I should expect? I've played mmo's for well over 10 years and NEVER have I seen anything that respectless EVER...

I Have put up a support ticket petitioned the 3 that was groupped and in same guild doing that **** - I do hope they do anything against people doing that sort of crap, but I doubt it.

Na def isnt the norm. Every game has their share of ****s but its a rare thing for something like that to happen. They should have told you to dps, like most of us do when helping some1 in an instance we outgear or level. Some folks just dont remember what it was like leveling and would rather be a **** than help a lucky pug that got put in a geared out run.

Quote Originally Posted by Rejuice View Post
    I've played mmo's for well over 10 years and NEVER have I seen anything that respectless EVER...
    The folks you're talking about in your post probably aren't the norm.

... and neither is your incredible luck to have played MMOs for a decade without having seen similar or worse behavior.

Smells like an exaggeration, but frankly I don't care enough.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Soulwalker

Frankly i was not an exaggeration im afraid, I have played since ultima online lol and I have seen bad behavior before but never like this :|

Anyways its good to hear its not the norm in rift

I refuse to queue alone for random PUGS. I will not put up with "fail everyone except me." I hear it everywhere I go, every game, every dungeon, every raid. There is NOTHING that anyone can say or do to convince me "but THIS time it's different" because I've HEARD it all before, and at crunch time-- no different. I have *HEARD* any and every possible excuse, reason, persuasion, guilt-trip, everything to get me to go one more time and I got hurt yet again. I forego dungeons rather than PUG. I just can't take it anymore.

I'm very sorry to hear what happened to you, Rejuice, but I've seen that and worse. I see people pull and bail so the group wipes. I see the spewing of verbal abuse so vile I refuse to repeat it because kids read these forums. I see raid teams completely disband after one wipe because everyone ragequits on the spot. I've been vote kicked the instant the final boss went down in order to block me from finishing a quest for the dungeon when the other players saw I was collecting quest items. One time I even go an in-game mail an hour later from someone who made a throwaway toon on my server special for that purpose, that said, "next time F***ING share." Which was IMPOSSIBLE to do because the quest was at the end of a CHAIN, and unshareable; the button was grayed out.

I played smaller text MUD's until 2005 or so, and part of me wishes I never made the switch. I really wish I had any kind of more encouraging news for you, rather than this bleak and dark recounting of all the times I got hurt, and hurt bad. But truth is truth, and I have nothing to gain by lying to you. I do not PUG because of "fail everyone except me" and /ragequit, which in recent years has has evolved to /ragequit in such a way as to make the rest of the group wipe and get a bigger repair bill.
    Last edited by HollyCarp; 01-28-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    WTF = FTW spelled backward

Quote Originally Posted by Rejuice View Post
    Frankly i was not an exaggeration im afraid, I have played since ultima online lol and I have seen bad behavior before but never like this :|

Anyways its good to hear its not the norm in rift
    Ultima Online had and allowed behaviour significantly worse than your experience in RotF. UO was basically unrestricted when it was first launched and with that lack of official policing came the inevitable unsophisticated behaviour that we humans like to indulge in.

In fact what you describe is fairly mild (not condoning it, the guys were muppets) but if this is your worst experience so far in an MMO you have indeed been blessed with good fortune.

Unfortunately, it has become the norm.. especially the lower level instances. I rolled in as tank and each time there will be that one player that would pull a bunch of mobs before you were even ready.

I normally just stand there and let them deal with it... and when they get killed I'll ask them, "Had enough, fool?"
    Olumis 60 Cleric Laethys
    Lumis 60 Cleric Greybriar
    Luminus 60 Cleric Bloodiron
    Olumis 60 Cleric Typhiria

I did hundreds of pugs and i rarely do any ten min SLE premade runs, they involve no skill at all, just gear check and burn on every boss. Doing random SLE is the best way to keep you in shape (skill wise) but it doesn't worth it anymore, the arrogance, ignorance, insults and stupidity of pugs just made me reconsider my options:
    Even my wife which is the most patient woman in the world started to take attitude towards pugs, telling them quite often to shut up, or to just vote kick them without any warning.
    I have been kicked a lot of times for the most stupid reasons and invented mechanics that someone could ever think off, harassed, sexually harassed, insulted with no reason, ninja looted etc.
    People don't know how to say hi nor bye, but they know how to insult the healer while standing in the middle of ****, repeatably dying and always blaming others for their mistakes.

Now things have changed a bit, no more carrying T1 geared people with less than 5k dps,
    If you do mistakes i will tolerate them, but if you open your mouth, vote kick.
    If you insult any party member /ignore, kick or we will just log out.
    In case i am tanking, any insult or sexual harassment towards my wife will end with disband party and /ignore. And i put at least five people in my ignore list every week, sometimes several per day.

I never saw such a bad community in the other mmos that i have played, so probably this are just some retired wow vets, but again i am not a fan of wow so i might be wrong.

I had something similar happen in Expert golem foundy on my alt warrior about 4 months ago.

I was running golem foundry and storm breaker daily to try to get the epic tank sword and epic tank trinket. At the start of each run, I made a specific mention that I was running the instance for those drops.

I que'd as tank/dps/support and got dps. Even back then my warrior was pulling 10-12k dps, run was going smooth, and we get to last boss and I get vote kicked by 3 people in same guild. The tank was a warrior, so I can only assume it was because he wanted the sword if it dropped.
    Last edited by IllusiveEQ; 01-29-2014 at 09:39 AM.
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

Rift Master

FYI im overly confident that you get people that you would never wanna play the game again with especially in a dungeon setting find them in chat and put them on ignore so you cant get them in a dungeon again.

IF you haven't already make a new chat tab called party so you can ONLY see party chat + raid chat, say shout and whatever else you might hear in a dungeon. Then you can go back easily and find them to block.

The more people on your ignore list the less often you run into Dbags like that and the less people they have to play with and do that too.

That's very unfortunate, Rejuice. I suggest you find a good guild in which there are people near your level with whom you can level and run dungeons, or at least find a good leveling buddy so that you are not alone in the dungeon. That's what I did and I've had very few experiences with people who display such ill-mannered behavior.

Don't give up and I hope you are not judging everybody else by the behavior of a few whose parents never taught them social grace.

Kat

Soulwalker

Well those kind of people are in EVERY MMO ever created by human. I'm very surprised that you haven't interacted with such people before during your 10 years of MMO traveling. I can think of 2 reasons they do that, one is for the sheer fun of being the ******, the other is for better looting chance. Quite a few years back, when I was playing another MMO, you have to do instances to get material for your epic weapon, and the drop rate for said material was 1% so people started trying some tricks in hope for favor from the RNG like "don't stun on the last hit, don't use skills on boss etc... and most vexing was "kick the tank on the last boss". So yea, every games there are turmoils like that, if you can't kill them, ignore them.

Welcome to "Free-to-play" MMOs. The impact is worse at low levels - plenty of people will start playing just to be trolls.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by IllusiveEQ View Post
    I had something similar happen in Expert golem foundy on my alt warrior about 4 months ago.

I was running golem foundry and storm breaker daily to try to get the epic tank sword and epic tank trinket. At the start of each run, I made a specific mention that I was running the instance for those drops.

I que'd as tank/dps/support and got dps. Even back then my warrior was pulling 10-12k dps, run was going smooth, and we get to last boss and I get vote kicked by 3 people in same guild. The tank was a warrior, so I can only assume it was because he wanted the sword if it dropped.
    This one is kind of understandable. If you want tanking gear, queue as a tank. If you get a DPS pop, then ask the tank if they need the items first.
    Last edited by Sorano; 01-30-2014 at 01:03 PM.
    Oceanic raiding, robot style.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdbUbNFLLQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sorano View Post
    This one is kind of understandable. If you want tanking gear, queue as a tank. If you get a DPS pop, then ask the tank if they need the items first.
    Why? You don't owe pugs anything. If an items drops that is an upgrade for any spec you play, you have as much right to select Need as anyone else, even if you're not currently in that role.
    Last edited by Zazen; 01-30-2014 at 01:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast