+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Looking for Occular Barrage Clarification

  1. #1
    Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    588

    Default Looking for Occular Barrage Clarification

    Hi, i'm pretty new to this. I'm looking for clarification on the ability "Occular Blast" to regards to Planebreaker Abominus as there was some confusion on this weeks kill.

    When does Occular blast actually come? Is it meant to come every 2 mins 30 after you get onto his platform?
    What happens if you kill the boss in just over 10 mins 30 (5mins 45 on the minis, 4 mins 45 on abom)? Does this mean we only get one occular ?

    I would hate for this to be an exploit so i am looking for an official TRION response, or an Addiction raider/kill verifier.

    Thanks for your time, Weenz

    #pinnedsince12/1
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    In my opinion I view it as another Regulos, where your DPS directs the flow of mechanics. Regulos has always been that way, so I suspect that Abominus will always be this way.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    343

    Default

    I am the PvE Police, and I declare anything less than 2 Occular Blasts to be an exploit and therefore illegitimate.

    Thank you for your time.

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Wtf is occular blast


    Edit: wtf is occular barrage
    Last edited by jopok; 01-26-2014 at 12:42 PM.

  5. #5
    Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jopok View Post
    Wtf is occular blast


    Edit: wtf is occular barrage
    Im not entirely sure either, since we just ignore that mechanic completely as seen in our kill video.

    Oh wait...
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weenz View Post
    What happens if you kill the boss in just over 10 mins 30 (5mins 45 on the minis, 4 mins 45 on abom)?
    This can't be done without getting 0 barrages.

    Also, if you're doing P1 in 5:45, your DPS isn't good enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayona View Post
    In my opinion I view it as another Regulos, where your DPS directs the flow of mechanics. Regulos has always been that way, so I suspect that Abominus will always be this way.
    You can't honestly be that stupid.

    You're comparing what happens to Regulos when you do the fight in T2 gear with well over double the DPS we had during T1 progression, RE skipping entire mechanics.

    When did we double our DPS from our original Abom kills?

    Oh wait, it's actually very close to exactly the same, or rather lower than it was then because players that were pulling extremely high DPS have since left and been replaced by undergeared players.

    And yet we can trivially do the fight in around 10 minutes by simply pushing Abom to 5% and disabling Ocular.

    And this is absolutely no different than what BlackOut did, and they were punished for it. And their DPS was completely sufficient to pin Abom before he used it anyway.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExploitsAllowed View Post
    This can't be done without getting 0 barrages.

    Also, if you're doing P1 in 5:45, your DPS isn't good enough.

    Some Randomly Bad Stuff.
    He asked if having one Ocular is legitimate according to Devs and the higher power in this case aka Addiction guild members. So please answer to the topic.

    PS: Did your original account get banned that you had to create new one Prastic?
    PS2: Do they keep you in guild as mascot, or someone made the bet if the respect for Addiction can get any lower?

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    HEY LOOK I can hide behind an account I just made too!
    Prastic - best comedy performace of 2014?

  9. #9
    Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Please keep on topic guys . Im Looking for an official answer on this!

    I really dont want this thread to turn into a discussion about how addiction couldnt kill the fight for weeks even though it is classed as trivial by their own members.

    And i certainly wouldnt want any other guild to copy this tactic of burning abominus down to 5% before the first barrage like in this video http://www.twitch.tv/just2n/c/3606831 , even when they have a member who states its a complete exploit yet still takes part.

    So please stay on topic and keep calm! And good luck to those others who are progressing through these turbulent, exploit ridden times!
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExploitsAllowed View Post
    You're comparing what happens to Regulos when you do the fight in T2 gear with well over double the DPS we had during T1 progression, RE skipping entire mechanics.
    You're going off on a tangent about something I never said. Regulos has always been this way, tier 2 gear or not. Back in my day, we could skip mechanics because the DPS in my guild was really good. This was before tier 2 came out.

    Regulos has always been this way. It's a code thing. So because TRION is okay with Regulos being that way, I'm sure they're okay with Abominus being that way too.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayona View Post
    You're going off on a tangent about something I never said. Regulos has always been this way, tier 2 gear or not. Back in my day, we could skip mechanics because the DPS in my guild was really good. This was before tier 2 came out.

    Regulos has always been this way. It's a code thing. So because TRION is okay with Regulos being that way, I'm sure they're okay with Abominus being that way too.
    He swapped his order of mechanics from time to time but you couldn't skip tentacles or spines, and the burn phase wasn't completely ignored.

    In other words, you didn't get to skip mechanics that actually required you to move and dodge things and potentially fail. Definitely not back when only 2-3 guilds had killed Regulos, before a round of massive class buffs, back when Clerics were still 20-30% behind everyone else in DPS.

    Our ~5 minute Regulos kills these days hinge around completely skipping tentacles and spines, and it's just a tank and spank at that point.

    If you could skip those mechanics and kill the boss this quickly in T1, I'm pretty sure it'd have been a bigger deal than tanking Regulos with a Druid pet. Just like trivializing Abominus so that even Vendetta can kill it by doing the same thing BlackOut did.

    The devs made it very clear that you're expected to deal with Ocular. You still get drones, and they still drop crystals. They should just patch Abominus so he does Ocular at some fixed %s of Abom's health so it can't be skipped. Need I remind you the pull after pull after pull over the holidays where the only thing we were wiping to was Ocular, which is the only mechanic in the fight that is even remotely capable of wiping a group that can consistently push that far into P2. Anyone who thinks this isn't a *MASSIVE* trivialization of this fight is basically completely ******ed or has never actually done Abominus for real.

  12. #12
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExploitsAllowed View Post
    He swapped his order of mechanics from time to time but you couldn't skip tentacles or spines, and the burn phase wasn't completely ignored.
    You could completely skip tentacles, eyes, or even unholy contract with high dps. Babytown did it, SoaP did it, many guilds did it.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExploitsAllowed View Post
    He swapped his order of mechanics from time to time but you couldn't skip tentacles or spines, and the burn phase wasn't completely ignored.

    In other words, you didn't get to skip mechanics that actually required you to move and dodge things and potentially fail. Definitely not back when only 2-3 guilds had killed Regulos, before a round of massive class buffs, back when Clerics were still 20-30% behind everyone else in DPS.

    Our ~5 minute Regulos kills these days hinge around completely skipping tentacles and spines, and it's just a tank and spank at that point.
    I'm not sure why you're bringing up extreme scenarios. I'm obviously not referring to when Regulos was first killed. I was referring to specifically PRE-tier 2 and maybe a little bit of GA. From all the time elapsed from when Regulos was first killed to when GA was on farm, guilds across the world have experienced a change in his mechanics. The first mechanic to go was Unholy Dominion. Next was Spines. Last was Tentacle Storm. You can only avoid Tentacle Storm in ~full tier 2 gear and ~good players. Unholy Dominion and Spines were skipped when GA was on farm, BEFORE IG and PBB came out.

    Quote Originally Posted by ExploitsAllowed View Post
    The devs made it very clear that you're expected to deal with Ocular. You still get drones, and they still drop crystals. They should just patch Abominus so he does Ocular at some fixed %s of Abom's health so it can't be skipped.
    They will do this if they feel it is an exploit. It is up to TRION.


    Quote Originally Posted by ExploitsAllowed View Post
    Need I remind you the pull after pull after pull over the holidays where the only thing we were wiping to was Ocular, which is the only mechanic in the fight that is even remotely capable of wiping a group that can consistently push that far into P2. Anyone who thinks this isn't a *MASSIVE* trivialization of this fight is basically completely ******ed or has never actually done Abominus for real.
    First of all, you're incorrect. The main reason why we had so many issues on Abominus around the holidays and even afterwards before Ahov and I left was because of tank healing. Tank healing became atrocious after we swapped Ahov to warden. Why did we have to swap him to warden? Because raid healing was atrocious. Again, I'm only referring to when Ahov and I were in the guild. When I suggested that I go purifier and heal with Ahov, tank healing never was an issue and we got further with that combo than we ever did when the holidays hit. We kept wiping because the tank I swapped with kept falling off the platform to waves or running out of range of healers.

    Sure, we had a few Ocular Blast raid wipes but they weren't the main reason why we had so many issues. At least, when Ahov and I were in the guild. I have no idea if it's currently your main reason to wiping.




    I want to be clear that I'm in no way trying to bash your guild. I'm simply stating facts based around what occurred when I was in the guild. However I find it offensive when you say things like "even Vendetta can do this" in your previous statement. It was unwarranted, inappropriate, and disrespectful.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boodie View Post
    You could completely skip tentacles, eyes, or even unholy contract with high dps. Babytown did it, SoaP did it, many guilds did it.
    Interesting.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XJX4Dsc_Lw

    Is that tentacles I see? Is that eyes? Is that spines? Is that crash dodging? (lol @ crash dodging). Basically this is a copy of BlackOut's kill.

    Oh, every mechanic is there!

    I'm clearly not talking about post-nerfs, post-class-buffs, and months after the content was being farmed by ~10 guilds. Where's your world top 5 kill that shows you skipping mechanics?

    Oh there isn't one?

    But then it's completely acceptable to have world #3 kills of Abominus completely skipping primary mechanics, yeah?

    Ok. I see how these situations are completely comparable.

  15. #15
    General of Telara spowers454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    913

    Default

    So many bosses have mechs trivialized by dps always have

    Reggie - been said already

    Thrax - holding dps to get rockslide and knock back when he should have started execution. making it a 8-9% burn instead of 12%

    Iskal (old DH) - Burn before 2nd MIMO phase

    Hydriss (Old DH) -killing 1 hive to burn boss and skip bubble phase

    Greenscale - burning enough that boss don't come down

    Matron - Burning boss so skip 1-2 book clicks

    Just a few of the bosses that came to mind about dps controlling mechanics and skipping some all together and trivializing others. I'm sure there are more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts