+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Drowned Halls, what did you think?

Default More Intrepid Raids

Overall i think they've done a really good job with DH and i'd like to see more dungeons bumped up in the same manner. That way there will be a lot more to do in the game.

I didn't like return to Deepstrike, it was the same place but different bosses. So it didn't have the same feel as the original dsm. I did like how they made the place brighter.

I would still like to see Hammerknell brought up and Infernal Dawn. The 10-mans of the era weren't too bad either.

If more dungeons/raids were to be bumped like this, they would have to do something about the FES dropping from them. Obviously it will become a problem.

Also to fix the loot problem without having to redo all the loot in the Intrepid raids would be to buff the current loot in T1s and T2s. I'm sure people can live with that. Thoughts?
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    The gear is better than T2, particularly the tanking pieces, because of the lazy scaled stats. That is the issue. If it was just better than other T1 raids I don't think anyone here would mind.
    Except the armor and resist and offstats are no where near up to par with t2. If you want to reduce your survivability just got get a couple hundred more hp, sure go ahead.
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by meph1111 View Post
    I ended up running it 4 times today
    how did you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Weenz View Post
    Except the armor and resist and offstats are no where near up to par with t2. If you want to reduce your survivability just got get a couple hundred more hp, sure go ahead.
    EH is more important than some armor and resist

and we dont talk about a few HP

mostly you are softcapped with your armor anyways (roughly 50%)
    Last edited by Nynja; 12-05-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #110

Hey guys,

Just as an update, all trash loot has been temporarily disabled within Intrepid: Drowned Halls. Unfortunately, this does affect some normal loot that would normally drop off the various bosses. We're doing an additional pass on stats, but everything is still under review.

The affected disabled items will return in next Wednesday's hotfix.

~ Morgana
    CM Morgana ~ Community Coordinator ~
    Avatar art is courtesy of Allie Brosh!

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post
    Hey guys,

Just as an update, all trash loot has been temporarily disabled within Intrepid: Drowned Halls. Unfortunately, this does affect some normal loot that would normally drop off the various bosses. We're doing an additional pass on stats, but everything is still under review.

~ Morgana
    Fix the Cold Heart trinket please. It currently has no upgrade path, and is proccing the level 50 version ofthe dot which is only 192 damage over 10 seconds.
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

what did i think? giant easy trash pile that really should b a 5 man. loot? who cares its pve

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    how did you do that?
    I have 4 lvl 60s

Took you guys less than 1 day to 'fix' trash mobs' drops but have to wait for days to get a fix on the boss/es not dropping loot?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post

Also to fix the loot problem without having to redo all the loot in the Intrepid raids would be to buff the current loot in T1s and T2s. I'm sure people can live with that. Thoughts?
    Noooooooooooooope

Absolutely no need to adjust every other piece of loot in the game just because 10-20 pieces in one instance are borked. That's just a horribly inefficient use of time. I'm not even going to mention how that would ruin the well-tuned enrages on a number of later T2 bosses.
    Nope.

Alllllllright. I've seen some saying that people complaining are elitists. I'm here to tell you why they aren't, unless admittedly so.

This is a faceroll instance that is on par with TDQ. The gear, in relative terms of difficulty\reward, should be on par with TDQ. Yet, we have extremely high stat items that are better than T1 raid quality, and in some cases, better than T2 raid quality.

This is not how the process of gear progression is supposed to work. You aren't supposed to hand out flashy, extremely good items that are on par with T2 raid quality for doing absolutely nothing except facerolling a joke of an instance in less than half an hour.

It's not about elitism, at least for me. It's about the fact that everyone that has actually raided in this game, (and I mean progression content, when it's current) knows how it is to wipe for an entire raid night on a boss and get nothing from it, just the experience, and the fact that next time, the raid will be more prepared. For another night of difficult attempts, etc.

Yet an instance is introduced that a babbling idiot can complete that rewards people for doing absolutely nothing difficult. There are even trash farming groups, ffs. That's how skewed the drops are in this place.

I understand that the raiding community is dwindling. The last few months have been Trion's response to it - adding easy-to-get items, giving them T1 relic upgrade paths, putting Desolate gear on the store, more or less force-feeding raid items to people so that they'll join the "raiding populous". The thing is, many long-time guilds simply don't want a player like that. I'll go in depth into this issue at a later date.

It's also the fact that the people who are JUST getting into raiding are going to think that this is what real raiding in this game is like. You do nothing hard, you get rewarded for it in SPADES.

This shouldn't be happening. Bottom line.
    Last edited by Karny; 12-05-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karny View Post
    snip.
    I'll say this in all honesty.

I like some of these new pieces, and the fact that they remind me of a time when a piece actually had endurance as a consideration for dps.

Reach x hp or die to random raid mechanic 9001.

Rather then just globbing large enough endurance onto every raid piece in existence.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by Weenz View Post
    I don't know about your tanks, but I'm well past the soft cap on deflect in a raid.

Dodge and Parry have crappy scaling anyway. The 10's of rating you lose won't mean a thing.

So yes, if any of that stuff has more endurance than what I have? It'd be an upgrade.

Besides, have you actually worked out the math for armor and magic resist? Swapping out any one piece won't make anywhere near 1% difference. Its usually less than half a percent a piece. Taking the example of that guy that got 35 end on a neck, gaining more than 1% max hp is so very easy to do with these items.

I've 94k hp raid buffed, 1% of that is 940. That's something like ~30 base endurance. In the case of that guy who got 35 more end, its a direct upgrade even if he had T2 gear in that slot.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Wonder what this stuff will look like post patch

All that's left to do now is lock people for killing trash a la gsb chronicle
    Last edited by meph1111; 12-05-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post
    Hey guys,

~ Morgana
    Are you able to give us your word that all trash loot already equipped will not be nerfed in the patch? Like most people we got a lot of nice items which have been equipped and the raid items they replaced have been sharded.

I think there would be riots if the stats now got amended to be worse than the gear that was replaced.

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast