+ Reply to Thread

Thread: farming trash drops in DH

Plane Touched

Default farming trash drops in DH

I haven't done it, but I am getting trash drops before killing any bosses and not getting locked to the instance. Trion is aware of this type of stuff, so I am not sure if it is intentional or not. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

edit: just ran another one and got 3 trash drops before a boss died , and was not locked.
    Last edited by Dreezie; 12-04-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreezie View Post
    I haven't done it, but I am getting trash drops before killing any bosses and not getting locked to the instance. Trion is aware of this type of stuff, so I am not sure if it is intentional or not. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

edit: just ran another one and got 3 trash drops before a boss died , and was not locked.
    Ha, not as big of a deal now as opposed to when you could farm RotP for the rings without locks and the trash in HK without getting locked while those were progression instances.

Plane Touched

Ya i was thinking about that, not really a big deal since it's only t1. But if it is intentional, some new guilds could probably take advantage of it to gear up a bit, if they wanted to take the time to do it.
    Last edited by Dreezie; 12-04-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Champion

Trash drops has been the same in most lvl 50 raid dungeons. It doesnt save you and people have previously and will farm it. It doesnt matter so much as its only a few set items anyway.
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

Soulwalker

Default So what!

Are you complaining just to complain? This is a pointless thread even more so now that you can buy all T1 raid gear via store. So a few folks get a ring or glove...good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazegrey View Post
    Are you complaining just to complain? This is a pointless thread even more so now that you can buy all T1 raid gear via store. So a few folks get a ring or glove...good for them.
    Even the trash Neck in DH has more endurance than some T2 ones (it has 125 end)
    Tres <Wipe>
    WOLFSBANE

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hazegrey View Post
    Dude, I don't even know how you can look at my post as complaining, I was just pointing out something. I personally don't care, and actually think it's cool as it makes it easier for people who have had bad luck with neck drops. I think you are b!itching at me just to b!tch to be honest. Have a good one though, good luck on your farming
    World first Intrepid Drowned Halls!! WINING 4/4 2/3 2/5

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

I really hope it stays this way. There's a lot of excitement about DH. I did the instance on my cleric, without trying to farm trash loot. But I fully intend to go in next week and go for the cleric necklace, over and over again until I get it. I mean, I have been wearing a blue 53 hit necklace for over 9 months! Because there are only 2 65 hit cleric necklaces in the game (you get a shot at one per week), and they never, never drop.It's necklaces.. big deal. IMO Trion should have just mailed them to people because of the bad T1 itemization. I still don't get why they put riings up for mark purchase but not necklaces.

And to add that more than 50% of the trash is before the first boss, moving to after a boss like HK would kill trash drops. And we are back to square one.

Farming trash drops will make you uber and kill T2 bosses, /logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Rift Disciple

Im so glad they have brought in trash drops for raids. For so long killing trash in raids has just seemed so mind numbingly pointless. But introduce some reduced stat drops that are still useful is great.

Thank you dev team.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Viz Shady View Post
    I really hope it stays this way. There's a lot of excitement about DH. I did the instance on my cleric, without trying to farm trash loot. But I fully intend to go in next week and go for the cleric necklace, over and over again until I get it. I mean, I have been wearing a blue 53 hit necklace for over 9 months! Because there are only 2 65 hit cleric necklaces in the game (you get a shot at one per week), and they never, never drop.It's necklaces.. big deal. IMO Trion should have just mailed them to people because of the bad T1 itemization. I still don't get why they put riings up for mark purchase but not necklaces.

And to add that more than 50% of the trash is before the first boss, moving to after a boss like HK would kill trash drops. And we are back to square one.
    Just go kill eggtenders it drops a 78 hit SP one, or Salvarola a 78 hit CP one. Fixed for you . Breaker Also drops Spellcrit neck =// as does krizzix (78hit too)
    Last edited by CrackaJack; 12-06-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackaJack View Post
    Just go kill eggtenders it drops a 78 hit SP one, or Salvarola a 78 hit CP one. Fixed for you . Breaker Also drops Spellcrit neck =// as does krizzix (78hit too)
    Eggtenders has a high dps check that a lot of guilds can't meet and Salvarola has mechanics that a lot of individual raiders fail at which cause wipes. IDH on the other hand is nice and easy.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

Salv is nerfed into the ground at this point and any pug should be able to go at least 3/4. I imagine Ultane nerfs will be incoming soon so enjoy

+ Reply to Thread