+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Gruntled

Thread: Intrepid Hammerknell Chronicle

Default Intrepid Hammerknell Chronicle

Unless I'm missing something in the final fight the new Intrepid Hammerknell chronicle is ridiculously difficult to solo. I am in dungeon gear and can solo all the others easily but can't get anywhere on the final fight of Hammerknell. There doesn't appear to be a lot in the way of mechanics apart from making sure you activate the rune vessel - can anyone shed any light on this?

Ascendant

sorry don't know how you could be having difficulty with it, keep the rune vessel buff activated, pull rune king pew pew stay out of bad stuff, he goes immune. pew pew dolan stay of of bad stuff. win
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled View Post
    sorry don't know how you could be having difficulty with it, keep the rune vessel buff activated, pull rune king pew pew stay out of bad stuff, he goes immune. pew pew dolan stay of of bad stuff. win
    hmmm... maybe that's what I'm missing - I didn't notice any immunities - didn't remember that from the 50's chronicle maybe my memory is bad. Will give it another go now.

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyThump View Post
    hmmm... maybe that's what I'm missing - I didn't notice any immunities - didn't remember that from the 50's chronicle maybe my memory is bad. Will give it another go now.
    You're a champion - there were some mechanics there I hadn't noticed - not the least of which was a purple bad thing on the ground which for some reason was hardly visible. Thanks for your assistance!

Rift Master

Yeah the final boss mechanics seemed a little different, as did the dragon in the side room, compared to the level 50 flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Guidinglite View Post
    Yeah the final boss mechanics seemed a little different, as did the dragon in the side room, compared to the level 50 flavor.
    wat?

They were exactly as I remembered them '-')a

The dragon just had abilities you can/should interrupt, Molinar and Dolin are still the same watered down versions of the actual raid boss. The Rune Vessels basically makes anything in that room free xp, including the bosses themselves.

I solo'd it once through for the achieves... don't think I'll be going back though. Did it enough times at lv 50, and there was literally nothing new. Not even new artifacts.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Has anyone found the chest in there? Done it two days in a row and checked every corner and cant seem to find it, is it a rare spawn or am I missing something

Prophet of Telara

Funny, I was thinking the complete opposite. The trash mobs have too much HP and it's a boring slog but the bosses are just fine Cleanses can help. The only thing that severely wound me up was the dragon boss' red targetting circle was, I think, under the floor because the surface is slightly raised there (as it is in various other parts where characters' feet appear to sink through the floor slightly) so I couldn't see it. As I prefer to play melee and the mob is often flying above me, not having this instantly obvious indicator annoyed me.

As to the chest, the old chronicles had the chests appear only rarely, not every time. There's even an achivement for it. I'd go 6-7 runs without a chest in a normal week with those.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Ascendant

I found the chest on my first run. After killing Murdantix you go down the stairs, then you can turn either left or right to get to the final room with Molinar and Dolin. I stumbled upon the chest in the hallway to the right. When it is there you cannot miss it.

It took me significantly longer to kill Molinar and Dolin; in the 50 chronicle I needed only one rune vessel buff to finish Dolin, now I had to click the vessel three or four times until he was dead. Then again, I ignored all the other mechanics of the fight, so maybe there is a way to speed this up

Over all I found it boring that they did not change a single thing, just raised it from 50 to 60. I had hoped for at least a new set of artifacts, but in the state as it is now, I don't see a reason to go there another time.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    I found the chest on my first run. After killing Murdantix you go down the stairs, then you can turn either left or right to get to the final room with Molinar and Dolin. I stumbled upon the chest in the hallway to the right. When it is there you cannot miss it..
    I've had the chest on the left hallway when you go down the stairs.
    Also had it at the back of the room with the drake boss.

There doesn't really seem be anywhere they can hide the chest in this one.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Islesi View Post
    As to the chest, the old chronicles had the chests appear only rarely, not every time. There's even an achivement for it. I'd go 6-7 runs without a chest in a normal week with those.
    Would have hoped they'd have updated it since the last couple 60 chronicles has had either a chest or the rare mob up pretty much every run.

Quote Originally Posted by Lappdancer View Post
    I've had the chest on the left hallway when you go down the stairs.
    Also had it at the back of the room with the drake boss.

There doesn't really seem be anywhere they can hide the chest in this one.
    Exactly my thoughts but after searching through it (even behind the statues in the corner which you have to jump to get behind) 2 days in a row I might've missed something obvious. Guess it just doesnt always spawn like in ID and hive.

Plane Touched

I can't remember what I got from the chest the first time, but last time I think I only got a blue PA crystal and an item.

Both times I've done it, one of the fallen guys at the start gave me ~300 marks when I killed him.

I'm not sure if the chests are behaving the same way they do in queens' gambit and ID chronicles.

I almost missed a chest here on one run. It was in the far back right corner of king/prince room as you're looking at the throne. Don't know how but the shadows back there made it difficult to spot from a distance.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

+ Reply to Thread