Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 174
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Planebreaker Bastion feedback

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,885

    Default Planebreaker Bastion feedback

    • There's far, far too much trash. Even without any wipes, it takes incredibly long to clear to the bosses. Worse yet, you have to fight basically the same packs over and over on subsequent pulls, repeating what you've already proven you can do.
    • Proteus is a great fight. The way that it emphasizes a lot of different things (AoE, ST burst, target swapping, mobility) means that there's a lot of interesting strategy that goes on.
    • The trash has too much health, as well. Not by much, but reducing it by 10-15% would probably be a good idea.
    • The patrolling trash seems buggy. We had a number of groups that got stuck on top of other packs, forcing us to suicide into them to kill part of the pack. The water/earth mobs that fight each other on the way to Proteus have similar issues.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,081

    Default

    I actually don't mind the amount of trash. It's fairly trivial to CC and really doesn't take that long.
    4/4 Grim Awakening (US-First) 3/3 Infinity Gate (World-First) 5/5 Planebreaker Bastion (World-First)
    Legendary Pokemon Captured: Greenscale (World-First) Akylios (World-Third) Laethys (World-First) Maelforge (World-First and only pre-nerf)video
    Officer of <Vendetta>

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    734

    Default

    The trash after egg tenders is about the most tedious thing ever. Almost as bad as grinding Qaijiri rep was.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I actually don't mind the amount of trash. It's fairly trivial to CC and really doesn't take that long.
    There's about a dozen pulls from Eggtenders to Proteus, IIRC. Even if each one only takes a minute and a half, that's still about twenty minutes of nothing but trash.

    But in practice, it takes even longer because you have to wait for patrols, and some of the packs will take longer to kill.

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    There's about a dozen pulls from Eggtenders to Proteus, IIRC. Even if each one only takes a minute and a half, that's still about twenty minutes of nothing but trash.

    But in practice, it takes even longer because you have to wait for patrols, and some of the packs will take longer to kill.
    There was a fair amount of trash in Hammerknell, and what it helps accomplish is allow players to appreciate the scale of the instance (it also artificially improves the scale).

    It just seems like a minor annoyance at best. Trash respawning was the only thing I did not like.
    Last edited by Ahov; 10-03-2013 at 09:35 PM.
    4/4 Grim Awakening (US-First) 3/3 Infinity Gate (World-First) 5/5 Planebreaker Bastion (World-First)
    Legendary Pokemon Captured: Greenscale (World-First) Akylios (World-Third) Laethys (World-First) Maelforge (World-First and only pre-nerf)video
    Officer of <Vendetta>

  6. #6

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    756

    Default

    The only issue I have is if there is that much trash, let it drop some gear.

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    756

    Default

    The trash sucks.

    10-15% less hp?

    How about removing every other pack or so. Then keep the trash the way it is, but it would not be so much.

    Unless of course, there would be "double barreled shotgun" drops
    Last edited by Daayou; 10-03-2013 at 09:40 PM. Reason: misspelling

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    There was a fair amount of trash in Hammerknell, and what it helps accomplish is allow players to appreciate the scale of the instance (it also artificially improves the scale).

    It just seems like a minor annoyance at best. Trash respawning was the only thing I did not like.
    Hammerknell was good in spite of the quantity of trash, not because of it.

  10. #10
    General of Telara Kriptini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    • The patrolling trash seems buggy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc

  11. #11
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Trash going to Warden takes about 15 minutes if you struggle with coordination, much easier than the trash from Eggs to Proteus. With that being said, trash to Proteus isn't difficult -- as long as you have some semblance of coordination and assignments.
    [CENTER]
    Cleric Tank - Trinity - 100k HP Club
    3/3 IG | 4/5 PB

  12. #12
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EchoesIE View Post
    With that being said, trash to Proteus isn't difficult -- as long as you have some semblance of coordination and assignments.
    I have no complaints about the difficulty. Simply about the volume of trash.
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-03-2013 at 10:37 PM.

  13. #13

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    My first MMO by Fisher Price, some trash required.
    Constructive as always.

    This raid really made up our minds as we spent all that time killing the same trash packs over and over after killing a KNOWN REPORTED in testing bugged boss that didn't get fixed, while there were new dances and dimension items getting worked on instead.

    We wanted another hammerknell because of the quality and effort put into the place, not another huge place with 100 copies of the same trash that is just remodeled from rep farming mobs we are all sick of looking at.

    After seeing that, and not wanting to do that every week for badly itemized drops like Critpower dodge trinkets for another 10 months.. another raiding guild realizes where this game has headed and has called it quits. Not that it matters to Trion, we were the 5%, the other 95% is casuals that will likely never see most of this content anyway.
    Opalisk - Mage Officer
    Aegis - Hailol
    4/4 GA, 2/3 IG
    www.aegisguild.com

  15. #15
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Opalisk View Post
    Constructive as always.

    This raid really made up our minds as we spent all that time killing the same trash packs over and over after killing a KNOWN REPORTED in testing bugged boss that didn't get fixed, while there were new dances and dimension items getting worked on instead.

    We wanted another hammerknell because of the quality and effort put into the place, not another huge place with 100 copies of the same trash that is just remodeled from rep farming mobs we are all sick of looking at.

    After seeing that, and not wanting to do that every week for badly itemized drops like Critpower dodge trinkets for another 10 months.. another raiding guild realizes where this game has headed and has called it quits. Not that it matters to Trion, we were the 5%, the other 95% is casuals that will likely never see most of this content anyway.
    This is simultaneously amusing and sad.

    Raiding has never been better than this tier. GA was a refreshing challenge for a 10-man, forcing people to bring their top 10 to initially clear. Infinity Gate released with the epic and healing-intensive Volan (which I see you guys haven't cleared yet). You've seen the easiest two bosses of Planebreaker Bastion and have written the rest off. Warden Thrax is an incredibly well-designed encounter which allows for ZERO carries, and it's a shame you won't get to see it.

    Your complaints are petty, and I feel your guild has been looking at other games for a while. Whether it's the delay between 20-man releases or something else, you're just looking for excuses to leave rather than taking in the brilliant encounters of this tier.
    Last edited by Ahov; 10-04-2013 at 12:52 AM.
    4/4 Grim Awakening (US-First) 3/3 Infinity Gate (World-First) 5/5 Planebreaker Bastion (World-First)
    Legendary Pokemon Captured: Greenscale (World-First) Akylios (World-Third) Laethys (World-First) Maelforge (World-First and only pre-nerf)video
    Officer of <Vendetta>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts