+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The inevitable EE/FT Nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by 236FF View Post
    I do not understand why people seem surprised.
    EE/FT/GA nerfs would occur before the release of the 2.4 raids.
    I fully expected EE/FT/TDQ (lol) nerfs.

That's T1 stuff.

GA's T2, where's the sense in nerfing a current highest tier raid instance?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post

That's T1 stuff.

Agreed, you don't nerf Tx when more Tx content is being released, you nerf T(x-1) so people can catch up on gear a little in preparation for Tx, not so more people can be overgeared for the new Tx content.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 09-04-2013 at 09:54 PM.
    Nope.

Plane Touched

Tbh I expected harsher nerfs, the standard of player int he game has dropped massively since F2P. Experts are like pulling teeth atm and trion want the content open to everyone.

1st 2 bosses in GA were never hard, salv is only hard because of the tight dps checks and ultane is only hard because of RNG.

Unfortunately the vast majority of players refuse to do mechanics, they just want to stand as still as possible and press 1 button.

I tell you how they should have "nerfed" ultane:
    Fix the damn ground so it doesnt randomly launch players if they move wrong.
    Change the colour of the ground or aoe, red on red is a nightmare.
    A little more predictability from the cannons in the last phase, sometimes they all fire at the same place at the same time. Its hard enough getting some players to move out of an aoe once every 10 seconds or so, its another thing to have them constantly moving. It fries their little heads and they panic.

I really wish there were more people up to the standard of the guilds that can clear GA but unfortunately there aren't or they are spread out so much that they are impossible to find. I know we have cleared GA a few times but the last 2 weeks since we lost solora it's been tough trying to kill ultane (granted we're trying to 1 night it on a tuesday) but finding quality players especially clerics atm who can at least do mechanics is a nightmare.

Soulwalker

GA changes are due to Purifier changes. Purifier now cannot shield all of the raid members constantly, but only three. Thus, some AoE damage in GA had to be re-tuned.

Reasonable, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie Paladin View Post
    GA changes are due to Purifier changes. Purifier now cannot shield all of the raid members constantly, but only three. Thus, some AoE damage in GA had to be re-tuned.

Reasonable, right?
    Did they do anything to Kaliban's AoE? Just curious.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Plane Touched

If the nerfs to AOE damage had hit at the same time as the puri changes then we would be none the wiser. However some of us have cleared GA since the changes, granted we're probably more geared than the required target but we have undergeared players in there 2/4 aswell who fail more on mechanics than dps/hps checks.

We have two raid teams; one has been 9/9 for a long time and didn't need these nerfs to progress. The other team *needs* these nerfs. Please, believe me when I say they will most likely not kill regulos until there are weekly raid quests for these two zones and they feel like GSB / ROS.

Now, if you want to continue the iscussion about whether nerfs are necessary, be honest; you're really talking about whether or not those folks deserve to be raiders. If your answer to that question is "yes" then you understand that this sort of change is inevitable. If your answer to that question is "no", then nothing that anyone can say is going to help you "get it".

good times remember how ahov said purifier is useless and sentinel is the only good healer

I thought he was just bad but was it prophecy??

ALIENS
    Last edited by Jimhalpert; 09-05-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Shield of Telara

More people get to see/kill GA/FT/EE bosses with these nerfs. That is a good thing for the game. Personally, I don't care if they nerf it even further. I am just excited for the new 20 mans coming out.

How major were these nerfs in GA? Are any bosses noticably easier?
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    How major were these nerfs in GA? Are any bosses noticably easier?
    These are rough numbers:

Kyzan bubbles hit for 10-14k instead of 17-20k. Necrotic Expansion appears to only tick twice now, with the "stand in bad" damage at 14-15k instead of 16-17k. Phase Rip and Bone Harvest appear unchanged. So... I guess you can just have one melee stack on the tank and not care about it now?

As far as Salvarola, the data sez:

The inevitable EE/FT Nerfs-novadamage.jpg

Mindsear seems down from 7400 to 6800. Looks like Mindscorch was reduced similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    These are rough numbers:

Kyzan bubbles hit for 10-14k instead of 17-20k. Necrotic Expansion appears to only tick twice now, with the "stand in bad" damage at 14-15k instead of 16-17k. Phase Rip and Bone Harvest appear unchanged. So... I guess you can just have one melee stack on the tank and not care about it now?

Attachment 14011

Mindsear seems down from 7400 to 6800. Looks like Mindscorch was reduced similarly.
    I've only seen Kyzan once and never have I seen Salvarola - for Kyzan that doesn't seem like a huge drop for it, for Salvarola I can't say.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post

That's T1 stuff.

Quality... of... life... changes?
    --BC

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    These are rough numbers:

Attachment 14011

What about the actual necrotic torrent damage at the target? That combined with Delayed Annihilation is what has been killing my group the the last 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    What about the actual necrotic torrent damage at the target? That combined with Delayed Annihilation is what has been killing my group the the last 2 weeks.
    Delayed Annihilation are the bubbles that I was referring to above. Given that DA's damage has been nerfed by at least ~5k per hit, if you weren't dying to DA alone before, you won't die to DA lining up with anything else now. Additionally, the fact that NE has only 2 ticks spaced out along its channel means that there's a more generous interval between the two in which to reactively heal.

Geared players won't even really need to be fully topped off, and living through a pair of overlapped bubbles should be not all that uncommon. Now failure to cleanse or standing in stuff are pretty much the only ways to die in the fight.
    Last edited by bitnine; 09-05-2013 at 11:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast