+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: "You are locked to a different instance of this map"

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Folks, it requires a new build to be deployed. That means, it will be in the next actual hotfix. It unfortunately will not hit servers until next week.

~Daglar
    In the meantime, have your QA test it to make sure it actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon0028 View Post
    Seriously?

I got the impression this was being addressed. I stopped doing experts yesterday, only to discover the bug is still present today.

With the latency issue being the "top priority", I'm assuming this won't get fixed until the apparently lacking engineering team is freed up? Because it certainly seems as though Trion is only equipped to deal with one crisis at a time these days.

This is sad. Note, I said sad, not frustrating. It's really sad to watch the slow decline of this product from where it was back at release. Trion had something amazing going for it. I was super-stoked for SL, for F2P... but now.... it just feels like the quality of this product has declined sharply in recent months. Sad.
    Rift has been a glitchy, sloppy, buggy mess since launch. For me, the fun still trumps the huge pile of technical issues. But I do get the feeling as of late that the pile of issues is beginning to overshadow that fun for a growing number of people.

Is it the new f2p crowd who are used to technically superior MMOs? Veterans finally worn out from dealing with it? Rising standards as time goes on? Dunno

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #33
    Rift Team

Trying to make some changes with our overrides of certain data. We cannot disable/enable how this works via that.

We are however attempting to get rid of the deserter debuff until the issue can be resolved.

~Daglar

Dagz, you da bomb

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #35
    Rift Team

LFG deserter has been disabled until next week when we can deploy the fix for the random queue lockouts. All deserter debuffs have been cleared across all servers NA and EU.

~Daglar

Fia

I just got the deserter buff 30 mins ago, seems your temporary solution isn't working too well :V (at least not on EU)
    Last edited by Fia; 08-30-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Telaran

woot you fixed experts debuff... great job..... PROBLEM still cant get into the expert cause im locked to different instants... how about undo what u did and just disable acsend a friend.

5 Random ques, all locked.... fix now please... not in a week.. OVERTIME I hear

Quote Originally Posted by Xamani View Post
    woot you fixed experts debuff... great job..... PROBLEM still cant get into the expert cause im locked to different instants... how about undo what u did and just disable acsend a friend.
    Because, like he just said, they can't undo the lockout change without applying a hotfix, which they cannot do while the servers are up.

Plane Touched

Can you let our random dailies exceed 7 again please?

Theres no way im fighting through random queues to try and do dailies until this hotfix comes in, just tried once, spent 30 mins in queue then 10 mins of people coming in and out of the group. Then the last healer that joined wouldnt leave the group so were effectively held ransom and unable to begin.

Best part of an hour wasted for no dungeons done.

So from what I read & understand is that Trion think this bug is not serious enough so it's ok to wait 7 days til the next hot fix? Or is it that Trion is understaffed & just buying more time to zero-in & fix the bug??

I entered an expert today (ToTS) after reset, didn't kill any boss except few adds but have to leave as party fell apart. Queue for another expert & got the locked to different instance of this map bug !?

I keep the dungeon dailys count down (as in 0 ) on 3 characters regularly

... and I had thought this wouldn't really affect me as much, as I usually only run 1 dungeon per character per day anyway.

Noooooooope.

*I* wasn't locked to anything, but someone else usually is. Its like 20 minutes of playing musical chair with people that come in, is locked, drop and requeue.

More than a few times some dps-only guy swears up a storm because they spent half an hour in queue only to get a dungeon they're locked to.

Herpa derpa.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Confirmed. Still, still occuring.

Default Expert SL Lockouts!!

i strongly believe that the underline issue with Rift is that when it went F2F the extremely incline of players coming on and off is to much for the shards to handle and with a small Dev team and a lack in funds to hire new devs means more and more problems will arise i think rift is an amazing game could even out do World of Warcraft if it was not so damn buggy i also think the rendering in this game is total **** for Graphics if you want you game to look even half decent you'll need some hi end system to do it were with wow you dont.. For many the frustration of the High latency and server lag is a huge issue and its all because of the over loaded shards cant handle the players on them servers are just breaking under the pressure.. i feel maybe F2F was not the smartest choice but I cant say before it went F2F this game had hardly any issues at all and it was a joy now its a utter mess and disappointment to me i also strongly feel raid lockouts need to be changed up alittle you have them built just like a hreoic raid lock out or Old school WoW lockout i sagest making them so that of you only down a few bosses you can join anyone else Lockout as long as the are on a boss ahead of you or as the same as you but not before so you cant double up on bosses..

Quote Originally Posted by JosephLaurich View Post
    i strongly believe that the underline issue with Rift is that when it went F2F the extremely incline of players coming on and off is to much for the shards to handle and with a small Dev team and a lack in funds to hire new devs means more and more problems will arise i think rift is an amazing game could even out do World of Warcraft if it was not so damn buggy i also think the rendering in this game is total **** for Graphics if you want you game to look even half decent you'll need some hi end system to do it were with wow you dont.. For many the frustration of the High latency and server lag is a huge issue and its all because of the over loaded shards cant handle the players on them servers are just breaking under the pressure.. i feel maybe F2F was not the smartest choice but I cant say before it went F2F this game had hardly any issues at all and it was a joy now its a utter mess and disappointment to me i also strongly feel raid lockouts need to be changed up alittle you have them built just like a hreoic raid lock out or Old school WoW lockout i sagest making them so that of you only down a few bosses you can join anyone else Lockout as long as the are on a boss ahead of you or as the same as you but not before so you cant double up on bosses..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Just got all my blue 60 gear and decided to run experts now! Worried and excited all the same. Finished my 1st expert! Awesomesaucenesses! Queue up again and locked out! lol. It's been 10+ days since it was said about the hotfix. Can I please play the game I PAY for?
    LvL 65 1k hit / LvL 63 Prestige

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast