+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Poll: Dungeon Revamp

Yay AP!

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    After a week's worth of voting, Deepstrike Mines is the winner!

Yes, there were some shenanigans when it comes to the poll and I considered throwing out DSM and AP since there was some "oddness" about them. However, on inspection of the responses given in this thread, they closely mirrored the data from the poll thus adding validity to them being the true top picks.

When only one pick was given in a post:
    • DSM has 40% of the votes putting it in a solid first place.
    • AP has 16% of the votes putting it in a distant second place.
    • RD comes in third with 11%
    • Distribution becomes fairly even after those top three.
    When multiple picks are given in a post:
    • DSM has 33% of total votes again making it a solid first place.
    • AP has 18% of the votes putting it in a distant second place.
    • CC has 11% of the votes in third.
    • Distribution tapers off quickly with RD in forth and DD in fifth.
    Thank you to everyone that took time to vote and give feedback in the thread. Hopefully, you'll enjoy playing it as much as we'll enjoy revamping it. Oh, and did I mention there would be new loot?
    Please don't butcher it or make it half the size that it actually is.

Oh, and please give some incentive for most of use who are already raid geared to do these new dungeons, or you will have a lot of wasted development time like you guys did with Caduces Rise (or however you spell it). The only reason to do it was because the mastermode had raid gear, and daglar has said he plans no mastermodes for SL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

After a week's worth of voting, Deepstrike Mines is the winner!

Yes, there were some shenanigans when it comes to the poll and I considered throwing out DSM and AP since there was some "oddness" about them. However, on inspection of the responses given in this thread, they closely mirrored the data from the poll thus adding validity to them being the true top picks.

When only one pick was given in a post:
    • DSM has 40% of the votes putting it in a solid first place.
    • AP has 16% of the votes putting it in a distant second place.
    • RD comes in third with 11%
    • Distribution becomes fairly even after those top three.
    When multiple picks are given in a post:
    • DSM has 33% of total votes again making it a solid first place.
    • AP has 18% of the votes putting it in a distant second place.
    • CC has 11% of the votes in third.
    • Distribution tapers off quickly with RD in forth and DD in fifth.
    Thank you to everyone that took time to vote and give feedback in the thread. Hopefully, you'll enjoy playing it as much as we'll enjoy revamping it. Oh, and did I mention there would be new loot?
    come on dont troll us with the new loot. At least tell us what will be

Does this mean if DSM is a success you'll do AP second? :-)
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #125
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    Does this mean if DSM is a success you'll do AP second? :-)
    Maybe. We'll certainly keep this in mind when making future considerations. Although, with what we already have on the schedule for the next year, I think you guys might be more excited about those things rather than an AP revamp. =)

DSM coming back is great - the only thing what was not so great back then, was how long it took to go through the many packs of mobs before each boss.
    I'd rather have bosses who are challenging take some time for the average and even good players instead of the trash .

Rift Disciple

Default None of these please

Hi,

There is a huge lack of dungeons, so make more, but not any of these!

They are almost all simply long corridors, with turns here and there to give the illusion of a place.

FC and CR seem to be the only exceptions, plus smaller parts of others: DSM (at the beginning), IT (down by the lamps), FC (the entire place).

If revisiting these gives a sort of "Meh" feeling, this is perhaps why: They are unmemorable, unvarying places. There is very little in them to explore, and none have any possible variation in the solution path.

And, even through CR has more options, it still has too much linearity. It's more of a loop than an explorable place.

Compare, for example, to the old Wailing Caverns or Maurodan of WOW. (Which, unfortunately, were carved up into smaller parts about a year or two ago. Alas.) Or Kara or Sunken Temple (again, the old form) or BRD.

Give us something vast and sprawling with a dozen different ways to go, and a dozen bosses. (But don't force the entire place to be completed all at once. Say, have an epic quest to do a dozen different hard things, requiring many runs to complete).

If you are going to make more dungeons, make them epic and memorable. Certainly, the tools for building these have advanced light years beyond what was used to build Kara and BRD. Is the grand art and vision and capability of construction lost by your teams?

Don't give us any more disguised hallways.

Thx!

P

Maybe. We'll certainly keep this in mind when making future considerations. Although, with what we already have on the schedule for the next year, I think you guys might be more excited about those things rather than an AP revamp. =)
    oh maybe you can make some lore about architects too since dsm also related to them
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Oh, and did I mention there would be new loot?
    Can't wait, I was running out of Runecrafting materials as well.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Vlad, I know you want to make it fit in with the current SL Experts, so removing some encounters must be done.

You could easily delete a couple of bosses from DSM that almost no one would mind going away. The rock boss that splits into two and the boss that drops the SHoE could be easily removed in my opinion, and still keep the integrity and length of the dungeon in tact.
    Last edited by Techie Will; 08-16-2013 at 04:51 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post

You could easily delete a couple of bosses from DSM that almost no one would mind going away. The rock boss that splits into two
    But, but Bonehew had so much potential in Master Mode !! dropping bubbles a la Matriarch style, double AoE's...the possibilities !!!

As I'm getting all nostalgic for the "good 'ol days", the extra boss in MM DSM, Seismaw, for your viewing pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    But, but Bonehew had so much potential in Master Mode !! dropping bubbles a la Matriarch style, double AoE's...the possibilities !!!

As I'm getting all nostalgic for the "good 'ol days", the extra boss in MM DSM, Seismaw, for your viewing pleasure

Bonehew had a nickname around my group of friends, and that was "Crappy blue belt boss" since every time we opened that chest it is what we got.

Awesome videos though, I never got on the PTS to test master mode DSM while it was up.

Sword of Telara

I think you guys might be more excited about those things rather than an AP revamp. =)
    Doubt it. /1234

DSM was long and boring. This is pretty disappointing for me personally, but I hope it works out well for all those who enjoy it
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejaye View Post
    Doubt it. /1234
    I'd much rather have new content than sit through the roleplay before the last boss in AP ever again. If I never hear about that Stone Fortress to the East again, I'll be happy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast