+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: ee instance lock

Telaran

Default ee instance lock

I was just wondering as to why you get locked to the EE instance after the egg challenge. I would understand if marks or loot was rewarded upon completing egg challenge however it is my understanding that neither is rewarded. This can potentially leave a pug in asituation where they are locked to an instance without the benefit of any reward for that week. I know it is pugger beware but in the case of all other instances a pug is not locked until a reward of some sort is recieved.
    Last edited by Skips; 07-25-2013 at 02:33 PM.

You do get marks (and the soul of the dead is tied to that event), but to keep people from 5manning the thing on alts every week for easy marks+soul, you don't get anything until after Progenitor's killed.
    Rianeva@Deepwood

Telaran

So if that is the case then why not put the lock when proginator goes down and treat the egge event like trash in any other instance.
    Last edited by Skips; 07-25-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Telaran

So if that is the case then why not put the lock when proginator goes down? I understand this really isnt an issue with guild runs but can be a challenge for pugs.

It's mostly just a lazy fix to prevent people farming soul of the dead. The lock doesn't make any sense but whatever :P
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Telaran

In my mind there are 2better options . They can either treat the egg event like trash and put the lock on the death of progenator, or you can put rage timer on mini bosses that spawn from eggs and give rewards after egg event. But that just makes sense and therefore wrong.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Choras View Post
    from 5manning the thing
    2 manning *
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

Quote Originally Posted by Skips View Post
    I was just wondering as to why you get locked to the EE instance after the egg challenge. I would understand if marks or loot was rewarded upon completing egg challenge however it is my understanding that neither is rewarded. This can potentially leave a pug in asituation where they are locked to an instance without the benefit of any reward for that week. I know it is pugger beware but in the case of all other instances a pug is not locked until a reward of some sort is recieved.
    It would have made sense if the moved the lock when they moved the loot, but sometimes Trion forgets that the changes they make affect other aspects of the game.

Also if pugs cannot do 2/5, I don't even know what to say.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Would be nice to fix this - makes EE *terrible* for pugging

Quote Originally Posted by Choras View Post
    You do get marks (and the soul of the dead is tied to that event), but to keep people from 5manning the thing on alts every week for easy marks+soul, you don't get anything until after Progenitor's killed.
    The marks are definitely not tied to that event any longer. They are rewarded to those who killed Progenitor regardless of being present for the eggs event. I'm unsure if the soul of the dead has further restrictions.

From what I understand is that you used to be able to get the Soul of the Dead and then marks after it, and then Trion fixed it to make sure people couldn't 5 man it. They just forgot (or were to lazy) to fix the lockout.

How I see it: We are being punished for people 5 manning the eggs.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Soulwalker

Default The lock makes sense

Back at EE launch we could 5 man it for soul of the dead. Obviously the marks and soul are too big of rewards for the amount of people and time it took. Learn the fight, its an easy one. Then you can enjoy the rewards. The lock was to punish the exploit.
    Last edited by cjhart02; 07-26-2013 at 05:58 PM.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

The intro event will no longer lock you to zone after next hotfix.

so now we have to spend the extra time to clear these stupid eggs before raid because we no longer get locked to them so we have to waste time out of our raid schedule??
    EvilClericc@Laethys ~ DPS/Heals ~
    https://www.twitch.tv/evilcleric
    8/9 MoM 6/6 CoA NM

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Budgolem View Post
    so now we have to spend the extra time to clear these stupid eggs before raid because we no longer get locked to them so we have to waste time out of our raid schedule??
    Pretty sure the eggs get locked just like the rest when you kill any boss. And since you have to clear them anyway once... I don't get what your problem is.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ911 View Post
    I'm sorry what am I supposed to be looking at? I'm too distracted by that hot dwarf in a bathing suit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast