Closed Thread

Thread: Rift Hive Chronicle Queen's Gambit solo speed run challenge

Rift Disciple

Default Rift Hive Chronicle Queen's Gambit solo speed run challenge

I have been running queen's gambit everyday for the rep, trying to complete it and the quests atrophinius gives you as quickly as possible. I don't think clear time is tracked on any leaderboards? Just thought it might be interesting to see how quickly it is possible to clear it. I recorded my last run, and managed ~8:22 but i am sure people will be able to do quicker. Under 8 mins definitely possible, and it would be cool to see a sub-7min run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiQyC7xA9K4

Sorry the video is poor quality, i just used the built in video recorder. And i had to put silence in the middle because of copyrighted songs.... yeah i don't make video's much. Also, if people want to duo and try and see how quickly it can be done that's also cool. Just a fun challenge.

What spec are you using? Its obviously a defiler / cab but what points? I have tried that spec before but I just can't keep my beacon up that well (maybe its me)

Ascendant

I believe it's probably possible to hit a 6 minute run (completing both quests/objectives), with good rng. I refuse to use riding chaps/insoles though.

Edit: I start my timer the moment I move off the edge at the top, so depending on when you start the timer is kinda important too.
    Last edited by Adastra; 07-18-2013 at 01:13 AM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    What spec are you using? Its obviously a defiler / cab but what points? I have tried that spec before but I just can't keep my beacon up that well (maybe its me)
    I use 54 Defiler/17 Cab/5 inq

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmsorVtVgkfRfuVuRvxx0VMvV

With top end gear i believe 2% wis is better than 1% damage, with lower end gear and less wisdom it the 1% damage talents will likely be better.

There are two ways of keeping beacon up. One is through "Rampant growth" (unlocked after 25 points in soul tree) which "Grants a chance for your damaging abilities to apply Foul Growth to the targets of your Links, based on twice the intercept percentage of the Link." Your beacon has a 50% link, and so is guaranteed to get a stack of foul growth with every damaging attack you do. When the beacon gets low you will want to set off the stacks of foul growth using "ghastly restoration" (no gcd) or "Loathsome Restoration".

Another thing i do very often especially when i am taking over 3 mobs is place the defiler HOT "Hideous Reconstruction" on my beacon. This heals for a huge amount and really helps smooth the damage out.

Having your objectives spawn in convenient places helps.

I've gotten anywhere between 8 and 13 of those chemical containers on my 'normal' path I take nearly every time I do it.

Sometimes I get a few more than I need for the quest... other times I have to double back and look for more.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Telaran

Could just speed it up by constantly dragging the mobs to the chemicals and blowing them up, especially with the totem, you dont have to get hit. Chemicals dont have a target cap, and do 50% dmg per explosion, so i just grp up as much as possible, and then just heal through the dmg.
    Last edited by Narrianz; 07-19-2013 at 12:14 AM.
    Narrian <Ex-Maximation> aka best rogue in rift, has returned.

Narrian 60 Mage

dbe
    Shield of Telara

The biggest obstacles IMO: Defiler has no interrupt, pull, or silence, so it can be hard to gather up all the casters in that place for AOE, and there are limited LOS areas. On the plus side, things leash in here so you can mount up and run away after you've killed the golems.

I'd also suggest that Dark Passage may be better than 2% spell power, it certainly comes in handy for me. It's a shame Cab has nothing else useful until 28 points (seriously, can we redesign this tree already).

I've had no problem going Inquisitor for bosses, you don't need much healing and you can use Sentinel as a zero-point soul. Much faster kills than Defiler (though, you can Warden the first boss and kill him with vents).

Closed Thread