Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 192
Like Tree141Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Please remove the *Hit* Stat.

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Talathion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    220

    Default Please remove the *Hit* Stat.

    It serves nothing except artificially locking out players from dungeons and the game, it also separates the player base. Such a stat should simply be removed.

  2. #2
    Rift Master Stahker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    611

    Default

    LFW [Runecrafting] Your mats or you can buy from my supply. T.I.P.S. not necessary but greatly appreciated. B.B.B rating:

    /sarcasm off
    Last edited by Stahker; 07-16-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    It's better to be judged by twelve,
    than be carried by six...
    "X" thinks, I AM that "X".
    I THINK. Therefore, I Am.

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default


  4. #4
    Plane Touched Talathion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Thank you for your feedback, however I would appreciate a more intelligent reply.

  5. #5
    Rift Master Stahker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Edit B.B.B.*










    (Bervene's Best Businesses)
    It's better to be judged by twelve,
    than be carried by six...
    "X" thinks, I AM that "X".
    I THINK. Therefore, I Am.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Vioarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talathion View Post
    Thank you for your feedback, however I would appreciate a more intelligent reply.
    Who has the time to address the F2P tidal wave of shortsighted requests with "intelligent replies"? Without hit and such a small increase in stats from tier to tier you'd see chunks of content largely skipped and force Trion to create other ways to force us to run the content. That is historically very unpopular and detrimental, much more so than the minimal amount of time required to obtain hit. The other possibility is Trion would simply stop developing the content most commonly skipped, which would upset a large number of players. There is no significant benefit to the overall game if your suggestion was implemented yet a very real possibility of negative impact.

    You asserted your opinion, you are required to prove the worth of your suggestion because that is how the burden of proof works, it is not our responsibility to point out the shortcomings, we do that voluntarily.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Knulen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Please remove gear. It serves nothing except artificially locking out players from dungeons and the game, it also separates the player base. Such items should simply be removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    But the bads are the majority and this needs to work in our favor because there's a lot of us.


    4/4 3/3 5/5

  8. #8
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    549

    Default

    While I agree that hit/toughness create an artificial barrier, I think that they're needed at this time, as having enough hit/toughness implies having a certain gear level that is sufficient for the content in question.

    As it stands, we already have enough people who are geared enough but don't pull their own weight in raids. If the hit requirements were removed, we would have people who do 4-6k dps in experts expecting to be able to raid.

    Even WoW has artificial barriers with ilvl requirements.
    Ferbo - Deepwood

    Filthy Casual 4 life

  9. #9
    Ascendant Zazen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Another f2p player that wants to jump right into FT, EE and GA and be carried to raid gear.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Talathion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    Who has the time to address the tidal wave of shortsighted requests with "intelligent replies"? Without hit and such a small increase in stats from tier to tier you'd see chunks of content largely skipped and force Trion to create other ways to force us to us run the content. The other possibility is Trion would simply stop developing the content most commonly skipped, which would upset a large number of players. There is no significant benefit to the overall game if your suggestion was implemented yet a very real possibility of negative impact.

    You asserted your opinion, you are required to prove the worth of your suggestion because that is how the burden of proof works, it is not our responsibility to point out the shortcomings.
    Yes, but if you just say "No." without giving a point to what your saying you simply promote my idea without making any changes to it. I can say no to every thread I see, however if I don't say why I said no, then I will not change nore will the one i'm trying to make a point to.

    If the content is so boring that it needs or wants to be skipped, then that is another problem altogether, perhaps content should be made to be more fun then?

    All the stat does is create a barrier between the playerbase. You said so yourself, better stats like strength are fine, but artificial stats like hit are bad and just bring negative impacts later in the game.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    Another f2p player that wants to jump right into FT, EE and GA and be carried to raid gear.
    Thank you for your feedback, your opinion is noted. However please stick to the subject and the topic.
    Last edited by Talathion; 07-16-2013 at 02:38 PM.

  11. #11
    Rift Master Stahker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    611

    Default

    +hit is there for a reason. The less hit you have the more times you will strike at a mob and MISS.
    It's the difference between a 5 minute boss battle and a 15 minute boss battle. (your healers will thank you in the long run)
    Last edited by Stahker; 07-16-2013 at 02:40 PM.
    It's better to be judged by twelve,
    than be carried by six...
    "X" thinks, I AM that "X".
    I THINK. Therefore, I Am.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Zazen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stahker View Post
    +hit is there for a reason. The less hit you have the more times you will strike at a mob and MISS.
    It's the difference between a 5 minute boss battle and a 15 minute battle. (your healers will thank you in the long run)
    That is not the reason hit is there. There are no 15 minute battles because the bosses will have enraged and wiped your raid well before then.

  13. #13
    Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kansas, USA
    Posts
    3,694

    Default

    Not going to lie, i really think that pre SL raids and dungeons should have hit done away with. Start anew with the SL raids for hit. Do the same for future expansion tiers.
    Team pls.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Vioarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talathion View Post
    Yes, but if you just say "No." without giving a point to what your saying you simply promote my idea without making any changes to it. I can say no to every thread I see, however if I don't say why I said no, then I will not change nore will the one i'm trying to make a point to.

    If the content is so boring that it needs or wants to be skipped, then that is another problem altogether, perhaps content should be made to be more fun then?

    All the stat does is create a barrier between the playerbase. You said so yourself, better stats like strength are fine, but artificial stats like hit are bad and just bring negative impacts later in the game.




    Thank you for your feedback, your opinion is noted. However please stick to the subject and the topic.
    How does saying simply "no" promote your idea? Just because you suggest something doesn't mean it has merit and requires refutation. I seriously doubt Trion would seriously entertain your suggestion for the sake of self preservation.

    Fun is subjective. A lot of people find the content you claim is boring to be fun. Why is your concept of fun more valid than that of others?

    You need to explain why you think hit is bad rather than simply saying it does exactly what it is designed to do and that it is bad.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Talathion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    How does saying simply "no" promote your idea? Just because you suggest something doesn't mean it has merit and requires refutation. I seriously doubt Trion would seriously entertain your suggestion for the sake of self preservation.

    Fun is subjective. A lot of people find the content you claim is boring to be fun. Why is your concept of fun more valid than that of others?

    You need to explain why you think hit is bad rather than simply saying it does exactly what it is designed to do and that it is bad.
    "Hit is a bad stat because all it does is create a barrier between the player-base and gives players the illusion that they are better then others, it creates artificial skill and promotes only Elitism."

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts