Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Droprate of Blues in Queen's Gambit Chronicle

Shadowlander

Default Droprate of Blues in Queen's Gambit Chronicle

Hi
    Im a new Player just tuened 60 a few days bevore 2.3 hit and im soloing the new chronicle every day so far i didnt get any of the upgradeable blue items ( i supose there are are some)
    only greens and a few of the epic upgrade items, compared to the other chronicle "a hero rises" this sems very low since i almost always get a blue there, i know rng is rng but nonetheless it bothers me.

i just did a chronicle on my alt rogue for 1st time and got tanking chest, shoulders and dps boots - all upgradeable. didnt got any upgrades tho. RNG, nothing more
    Loqque - Apotheosys - Typhiria - 4/4 RoF (World 1st) 5/5 MS (World 1st)
    Videos

Mad banners are mad

Telaran

I really wish I could find a loot list somewhere. I've ran it the past 4 days and I've gotten 2 blues. Both were the same plate helm from the final chest. The problem is that they couldn't be upgraded, so I still haven't seen an item to use my epic upgrade token. I don't know what was wrong with the system they used in Hero Rises where the final chest ALWAYS drops a blue and it could ALWAYS be upgraded if you were lucky enough to get a token.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeytheRhino View Post
    I really wish I could find a loot list somewhere. I've ran it the past 4 days and I've gotten 2 blues. Both were the same plate helm from the final chest. The problem is that they couldn't be upgraded, so I still haven't seen an item to use my epic upgrade token. I don't know what was wrong with the system they used in Hero Rises where the final chest ALWAYS drops a blue and it could ALWAYS be upgraded if you were lucky enough to get a token.
    If the blute plate helm from the chest isn't upgradable, that's likely a bug.

The rest of the thread's just experiencing rng.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Plane Touched

I don't really understand the point of the gear from here, either. Even when you upgrade it, the main stat (hit or toughness) stays the same. What's weird, too, is that when I run as my warrior with my warrior friend we are both guaranteed the 100% exact same drops.

I'm not too keen on rolling against each other for upgrade tokens, either; we've only ever seen one, though, and the only blue that dropped wasn't upgradable. Might as well run these solo like all of the other chronicles in the game.
    Last edited by psychopsilocybin; 07-06-2013 at 10:06 AM.

The drops are in there are for people who JUST turned 60. If you've been 60 for at least a day, the loot is garbage.

Crafted gear blows it out of the water and it's really not hard to get the Infinity Stone non-upgraded gear which also blows the chronicle gear out of the water.

I don't know what they were thinking.

I've done it practically every day since 2.3 and I have ONE blue item and 3 epic upgrade parts.
    Yeah... Not only that but you need a blue item, upgrade part, then a expert dungeon upgrade part to make it even comparable to crafted gear.
    What were they thinking!? lol

I'd rather they just drop gold.

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    The drops are in there are for people who JUST turned 60. If you've been 60 for at least a day, the loot is garbage.

Crafted gear blows it out of the water and it's really not hard to get the Infinity Stone non-upgraded gear which also blows the chronicle gear out of the water.

I don't know what they were thinking.

I've done it practically every day since 2.3 and I have ONE blue item and 3 epic upgrade parts.
    Yeah... Not only that but you need a blue item, upgrade part, then a expert dungeon upgrade part to make it even comparable to crafted gear.
    What were they thinking!? lol

I'd rather they just drop gold.
    Chronicles were always only meant for delivering Lore. This one was just spruced up a little bit as far as difficulty per feedback on the beta forums.

Some people don't want the shortcuts that the crafted gear offers, these gear bits are just paths of progression for the more casual.

If you don't need any of the stuff, just collect the rep rewards from the quests and vendor / salvage the gear drops. What's the big deal?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Plane Touched

The gear could've at least been on par with Hero Rises. In the cases of +hit and +toughness, it's not always that way considering the upgrade path doesn't actually upgrade those stats.

Also, has anyone found a blue item that upgrades with the epic token? I'm still getting loads of green trash apart from one helmet from the last chest (which can't be upgraded).

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by psychopsilocybin View Post
    Also, has anyone found a blue item that upgrades with the epic token? I'm still getting loads of green trash apart from one helmet from the last chest (which can't be upgraded).
    Glad I'm not the only one. I've now run the thing probably 15 times and I've yet to get any blue except for that one Queen's Guard Helmet which I can't upgrade. I'm pretty sure I've gotten everything on the loot table by now, so I'm confused why they even have the upgrade tokens. You are a warrior, I presume?

Ascendant

I finally ran that Chronicle yesterday with a guildmate , and got those 3 pieces for rogue tank, probably the most useless tank pieces I have seen offered , max 75 tough , tank stat offered was parry <<< PARRY?..., ffs are you kidding me; Trion scraping the barrel here? blues? as top upgrade...... because the next upgrade try came up empty box when I tried it....

Save Stones, get Adventure gear.........

New folks stay with Heros, and run Experts, you'll be better off in the long run....

There are drops out there in dungeons that are purple with deflect and 100 tough ...... do dungeons... and get 420 hit and do PUG's FT (learn the fights)

I was dumbstruck..... I'm sure maybe a chest might drop or an essence? I don't know, haven't heard or seen any, but still........

But thats just my opinion........ unless something changes in the near future....

Champion

Too all those that are saying the stuff that drops from the chronicle is garbage:

It's meant as a filler between the stuff that drops from quests/open world, and expert dungeon drops. In other words, it's the equivalent to the stuff that drops from normal Empyrean Core, and Tower of the Shattered.

So yes, compared to expert/raid drops, it's going to be crap. And yes, it's not going to upgrade to this epic raid-equivalent gear. It fills a hole, that quite frankly, was desperately needed of being filled. Now you can get the toughness you need to tank experts without spending hundreds of plat on crafted gear, or grinding infinity stones to buy a full set of world gear.

And the upgrades were never meant to improve the "tier" quality of the gear (ie. +hit/toughness). They only provide modest base stat increases.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    -snip-
    My issue is that overall there is less reason to run this than Hero Rises. Doing Hero Rises, you can upgrade to a decent epic weapon, epic pants that will upgrade even further, and a belt (which is easily replaced with crafting, but still not terrible). This is all from the final chest and that's 3 different blues that all can be upgraded.

In Queen's Gambit, at least for a warrior, the final chest seems to have 2 uncommons and 1 rare, and that 1 rare is a helm that can't even be upgraded to epic. Since it's more difficult and takes more time to full clear, I figured the gear would at least be on par with Hero Rises, especially since that's for fresh 60s and I'd think most souls would have problems soloing Queen's Gambit without a few pieces of gear.

Ascendant

Do Events, Do Standards, Gather Stones to get the gear........

In Standards you'll at least learn some things better to learn the experts which will in turn get you ready to run in FT and EE, which is where you will get better gear and the tough/Hit for furthering yourself to GA and onward.

Hero at least gives you a better starting point with some gear > Standards preps you in the Experts path > Experts gears you towards FT > FT/EE will get you moving to GA.

Sorry but those blues in Gambit aren't worth it..... what are you learning but zerg pathing to the Hive? heh. A couple fights. Some avoidance mechanics? I'll go in for the rep quests probably.

I know in my other thread I couldn't deal solo, but duo'ing the whole thing simply wasn't worth what was received, imo .... I'll stick with picking up Slayers from Hero's once in awhile, occasional artifacts to pass onto my alts, and stones, build PA's for my PVP tiers since all T3's maxed, and help my guild ready for FT/EE.

Plane Touched

I solo the chronicle every day on 2 characters for artifacts (and the notoriety on my main of course), a rogue and a warrior. I'd say I get a blue helm about 1 out of each 3 runs or so, everything else is green (iirc). However while the rogue helm is upgradable (actually can upgrade it twice, first time with the epic token from the chronicle itself and after that with a drop from the experts), the warrior one is not, so as a result my warrior sits on 3 or 4 of those epic upgrade tokens (epics are nice for salvaging or runebreaking).

In any case, helms were a poor choice for the only purple item that comes out of the chronicle, with the crafted helm being so good and so easy to get. At least the leggings from HR were pretty good when fully upgraded, usually around BiS pre raiding (and in case of warriors even better than the weaker raid drops)

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

I talked to our itemizationiator and he confirms the blue helmets should be upgradable. This will be addressed in an upcoming hotfix.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast