+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: NA First Salvarola

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Whether we have a different version is irrelevant. Remember the speculation as to why NA had more crucia bugs than EU? A lot of it was server-lag based (at least that was some of the speculation) and had nothing to do with the actual patch data.
    And server lag is exactly what we believe is causing your interrupt fails.

Note that at this particular situation, NA does not have more lag than EU, because both NA and EU are currently full with the F2P hype. We ended up raiding on off hours like 2-5 am or 1-5 pm etc instead of usual raid times to avoid the lag, which can be seen in our kill times between Salvarola and Ultane, that was a break during peak hours waiting for people to log off so we can go back to raid lol.
    See you all in Wildstar!

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17

Quote Originally Posted by Ayona View Post
    While we're on the topic of bugs, the boss occasionally forms a V with his beams instead of a line like he's supposed to. Please fix, Havlon.
    That is due to lag and is a little more difficult to fix. I'll see if anything can be done to address it but its pretty low on the priority list compared to the others right now.
    Last edited by Halvon; 06-17-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    And server lag is exactly what we believe is causing your interrupt fails.

Note that at this particular situation, NA does not have more lag than EU, because both NA and EU are currently full with the F2P hype. We ended up raiding on off hours like 2-5 am or 1-5 pm etc instead of usual raid times to avoid the lag, which can be seen in our kill times between Salvarola and Ultane, that was a break during peak hours waiting for people to log off so we can go back to raid lol.
    My point was that server lag can introduce an extra bug-rate. For example, on Crucia progression it wasn't player fault that she turned around to breathe on people. It wasn't player fault that infinite storm would occur in phase 2.

Plane Walker

While we're on the topic of bugs, the boss occasionally forms a V with his beams instead of a line like he's supposed to. Please fix, Havlon.
    Also note: The "Healing Mechanic" on the adds on phase 2 is not working as intended so you can use AOE abilities to cleave down the adds. <------------- This is an example of a encounter breaking bug but i guess interrupting is serious business.

While the server lag has caused many extra issues, we did not encounter any of these due to the fact that we raided the boss outside of the normal prime time to prevent ability or encounter lag to happen. Or maybe we have a different version of the boss as you claim.
    Last edited by wigglywoo; 06-17-2013 at 04:47 PM.

"So not really sure how it died, i think that the plug may not have been fully in." - 'Dahanese

Wigglezzz | Cleric | World First Crucia Perfection | World Second Regulos | World First GA

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #20

Quote Originally Posted by wigglywoo View Post
    Also note: The "Healing Mechanic" on the adds on phase 2 is not working as intended so you can use AOE abilities to cleave down the adds. <------------- This is an example of a Game breaking bug but i guess interrupting is serious business.
    Should have a fix for this soon.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by wigglywoo View Post
    While the server lag has caused many extra issues, we did not encounter any of these due to the fact that we raided the boss outside of the normal prime time to prevent ability or encounter lag to happen. Or maybe we have a different version of the boss as you claim.
    Really though, does it matter? The boss is dead and the strategy we used worked, there's no point in trying to troll because we believe (or believed, who knows) that the interrupt mechanic is/was bugged.

If it was server lag, then it was server lag.

If it was a bug, it was a bug.

None of this matters because Salvarola is dead. You shouldn't care because none of this affects you.

Couldn'tcareless/10

EU did have a different version of Salvarola until today supposedly. It is now killable for NA, however due to the stupid amount of lag on NA servers during prime time..... lots of problems still exist within the fight.

It seems like an amazing fight, but unfortunately F2P has turned it into a semi-disaster with regards to any sort of progression race that the open testing didn't already kill. If the lag still exists when the 20 mans come out..... this games competitive raiding community is done for sure.

Grats to those who get it this week. I highly recommend raiding during off hours for higher chances LOL!

PS: Weekend raiding my *** snakes
    Last edited by No_Exit; 06-17-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    Every day is the weekend for a uni student on summer break

Sneak attack!
    Last edited by Zipsfan; 06-17-2013 at 04:56 PM.

SOAP stands for sneaky orifice an4l penetration

EU did have a different version of Salvarola until today supposedly. It is now killable for NA, however due to the stupid amount of lag on NA servers during prime time..... lots of problems still exist within the fight.
    EU Version had Plutonus as a third mini add too, he interrupts our casters, am i right?

It seems like an amazing fight, but unfortunately F2P has turned it into a semi-disaster with regards to any sort of progression race that the open testing didn't already kill. If the lag still exists when the 20 mans come out..... this games competitive raiding community is done for sure.

Grats to those who get it this week. I highly recommend raiding during off hours for higher chances LOL!

Yes F2P lag caused a lot of issues. But as i mentioned before everybody had the lag, equal amount of lag... because all servers are full, this time NA cannot say they had more lag than EU
    See you all in Wildstar!

Champion of Telara

EU Version had Plutonus as a third mini add too, he interrupts our casters, am i right?

Yes F2P lag caused a lot of issues. But as i mentioned before everybody had the lag, equal amount of lag... because all servers are full, this time NA cannot say they had more lag than EU
    I actually haven't experienced lag during our Salvarola progression other than the very rare blip of lag that lasts for 1/10th of a second.

Grats guys, it looks like your time and dedication paid off where others gave up
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Word is that NA servers are way laggier then EU servers. Unfortunately there is little way to test this beyond peoples "opinions". This isn't meant to take away from kills on either side. Just point out that lag has always played a small role in progression, but now it dictates progression to some degree.

And that's a horrible situation.

I have Fios internet, a top of the line comp, and during prime time i get 1-2 second ability (and nearly all other areas) lag minimum since F2P dropped. Because of this i have basically given up doing much of anything with regards to group play until a few weeks down the road when, "hopefully" things calm down. Luckily i was already going to be mostly MIA due to work and a vacation these next few weeks. But i can honestly say that if i come back at the start of July, and the current lag still exists.... I'm done. As much as i would love to keep playing RIFT, if i cant raid at the top level due to lag, ill move on.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 06-17-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Telaran

Amazing fight. Grats rare hunters extraordinaire! #werecasualsdoe

Plane Walker

I actually haven't experienced lag during our Salvarola progression other than the very rare blip of lag that lasts for 1/10th of a second.
    I am guessing you did not raid Salvarola on Wednesday when the servers were overloading, please check my stream to encounter ability bar lockup of up to 10-20 seconds during the encounter. The fact is the server issues caused additional issues with this fight but the actual bugs for this fight are:

* Salvarola: Curse of Magma ability would one shot.
    * Salvarola: Foul Blessing cannot be interrupted.
    * Salvarola: Blood Siphon is not working as intended.
    * Salvarola: The Beam will only spawn half a beam.

The first two bugs were discovered the first night & Hotfix #2 confirmed that these were resolved as we gained world first once this patch was applied.

Also Note: RIFT 2.3 Hot Fix #2 - 6/14 NA @ 8AM PT || EU HAS NOT received.

Anyway as i mentioned previously i congratulate you on the kill.
    Last edited by wigglywoo; 06-17-2013 at 05:12 PM.

"So not really sure how it died, i think that the plug may not have been fully in." - 'Dahanese

Wigglezzz | Cleric | World First Crucia Perfection | World Second Regulos | World First GA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast