+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DaCommando

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Known Issue: Cannibal Corpse Achievement in Endless Eclipse

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Known Issue: Cannibal Corpse Achievement in Endless Eclipse

Greetings,

There is a known issue with the Cannibal Corpse achievement in Endless Eclipse, that results in it not being properly granted to everyone who activates the appropriate abilities the required number of times within a single fight. While we've been unable to reproduce it internally, we've added some additional logging specifically for this fight in a recent hotfix, so that our GMs will now be able to verify if someone has actually met the requirements of the achievement or not. From now on, if you believe you have earned the achievement but not been granted it, please submit a petition and we can inspect these logs.

If you've noticed any details that may help us reproduce the problem, please let me know by a reply or private message here. To be clear: The achievement is counting ability activations - once you've seen a single damage/heal tick go off, you are free to interrupt the channel, you do not have to wait for it to complete to increment your progress towards the achievement.

We have noticed that it only credits 1 person per raid. We have checked our logs and verified that, if i remember correctly, at least 10 people did the achievement. But it just picked 1 random person and awarded the achievement to him.

Not sure if that's any help.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by DaCommando View Post
    We have noticed that it only credits 1 person per raid. We have checked our logs and verified that, if i remember correctly, at least 10 people did the achievement. But it just picked 1 random person and awarded the achievement to him.

Not sure if that's any help.
    Confirmed. Every time we have had multiple people try for it (and achieve it), only 1 person is rewarded the achievement. It is unknown if the person it awards the achievement to is the one who achieves it in the fight first, last, or whether it is just random.

So whatever the hang up is, it appears to be based around the fact that only 1 person can be awarded it at a time or per fight. Unless some other guild can confirm multiple people getting it at the same time (something we have not seen as of yet).

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    Confirmed. Every time we have had multiple people try for it (and achieve it), only 1 person is rewarded the achievement. It is unknown if the person it awards the achievement to is the one who achieves it in the fight first, last, or whether it is just random.

So whatever the hang up is, it appears to be based around the fact that only 1 person can be awarded it at a time or per fight. Unless some other guild can confirm multiple people getting it at the same time (something we have not seen as of yet).
    I think we had two people get it this week (and we had like 3 or 4 that supposedly met the requirements). I don't really remember, though.
    Last edited by Muspel; 05-28-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Ascendant

We have had someone who didn't do the achievement at all, they didn't even get zombied in the fight, get the achievement when other people who should have got it didn't. Have not seen more than one get it at a time.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I think we had two people get it this week (and we had like 3 or 4 that supposedly met the requirements). I don't really remember, though.
    Well to be more specific. Before the Patch 2 weeks ago, we were getting 1 person per attempt.

After the patch (which listed in the notes it fixed it), no-one got it, and we tried everything. One person did 8, one person did full channels, one person did like 13. Which makes me think the patch actually broke it.

But then the hotfix last week, 4 people attempted it, and 3 got it. (I didn't but I may have missed one due to healing)

So It may be working now, but a lot of had petitions in from the week before that were just responded to recently.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

Thanks for the info. There was a bug, up until a couple weeks ago, that prevented more than one person from earning the achievement at a time. That bug was fixed. While multiple people are earning it at the same time now, not all of the people who should be earning it actually are in some cases. This is the problem I'm hoping to track down now.

+ Reply to Thread