+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Hardcore Rift Raiding Roundtable -- Presented by Hard Mode Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Your troll signature "Top Guild?" reminds me of Cupcakey's NA-first Regulos
    Read with this inflection and you'll see it is a sign of humility...something I understand is not really in your wheelhouse.
    Trinity - Greybriar - Top Guild?
    Bohr - Cleric - (Check out my stream)
    4/4 ToDQ Conq* :: 4/4 FT Conq* :: 5/5 EE Conq* :: 4/4 dat HM
    GP/DH/GsB/RoS/RoTP/HK/PF/ID Conq
    Rift Raid Progression/Parse Site :: www.topofrift.com :: Use it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Your troll signature "Top Guild?" reminds me of Cupcakey's NA-first Regulos
    There will always be a set of "top" guilds or clans in any particular game, including raiding games. It's up to the player base to determine where the top is, whether that is determined by some guilds leaving and others inadvertently moving into their place or the bar being set so low that average guilds of the past can now be called top guilds. Either way, being near the top is a reality, but I doubt Addiction has been at the top since River of Souls. Lord knows who is the true top guild in Rift at the moment, that won't be found out until well into whenever you guys get the next 20man raid. But, I doubt the bar at the top will be anywhere as high as it was when it was at the all-time low of EE/FT.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    There will always be a set of "top" guilds or clans in any particular game, including raiding games. It's up to the player base to determine where the top is, whether that is determined by some guilds leaving and others inadvertently moving into their place or the bar being set so low that average guilds of the past can now be called top guilds. Either way, being near the top is a reality, but I doubt Addiction has been at the top since River of Souls. Lord knows who is the true top guild in Rift at the moment, that won't be found out until well into whenever you guys get the next 20man raid. But, I doubt the bar at the top will be anywhere as high as it was when it was at the all-time low of EE/FT.

for some reason I can't read what you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartLessDart View Post
    for some reason I can't read what you posted.
    He said .....

lol

Ascendant

Of course it's subjective, and I'm not making the claim of being in the #1 world guild, as there is a lot of context involved in that (Patch differences between EU and NA, bugged spec stacking, dodging crash and avoiding the mechanic etc)

Note: I'm not making this claim, but it appeared as if someone else was. If their signature was just supposed to look funny, that's one thing. But you didn't use that context here, Intrinsc.
    Last edited by Ahov; 05-05-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Obviously Top Guild rating is determined by: (Total Clear Time * Average Accent Secksiness Factor / National Population^2)
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 05-05-2013 at 09:03 PM.
    Nope.

Plane Touched

Aw, I missed this whole thread. =(
    Atyr - Executor of Addiction

Quote Originally Posted by Atyr View Post
    Aw, I missed this whole thread. =(
    It was a gooder.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qube View Post
    It was a gooder.
    Stupid orange name...i want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    There's a reason I like you considerably more than Bohr.
    My bearish charm?

Quote Originally Posted by cwharland View Post
    Your pigeon get lost in a storm?
    Lightning bro.... its dangerous...

Random troll buisness
    Well there goes the neighborhood......

Quote Originally Posted by cwharland View Post
    Dude you don't understand...if you beat Addiction in progression it doesn't matter. All that matters is everything that comes after.
    You have to beat us for that to apply.

It's funny, I wonder how much of your sudden hard on for Addiction hating is related to you recently acquiring Webejamin. I'd wager he is the sole example of all of this "they yell at me and make me sad" nonsense you're trying to pass off as commonplace. Please tell me who else because at this point I'm inclined to side with you assuming based off of the word of one of our past applicants that was a failure and "quit" when he realized he wasn't going to make it. Since then he has been passed around like a drunk white girl in a Tyler the Creator video being an applicant to more guilds in this game than I have in the last decade.

As for this argument that we cherry pick encounters that matter, please cite where I have ever said any encounter didn't matter other than Maelforge. It's never happened. It's funny that as soon a guild gets their first world first something or another they feel compelled to come on the forums and run their mouth. You got world first conqueror, good job.

For your sake I will only bring up our future achievements since you seem to take issue with past achievements. Of course you take issue with past achievements, you still have to look forward to get a world first kill.

BUMBA! Webe got a Vioarr shout-out!! I'm friends with Webe. Does that mean that I'm cool by assosication????
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

As for this argument that we cherry pick encounters that matter, please cite where I have ever said any encounter didn't matter other than Maelforge. It's never happened. It's funny that as soon a guild gets their first world first something or another they feel compelled to come on the forums and run their mouth. You got world first conqueror, good job.
    It's less that you think fights don't matter and more that you use hand picked fights that you perform well on to brow beat the community and ignore everything else. Laethys is all that mattered, Gelidra is the only HM worth worrying about, etc... Were these fights hard and important examples in their respective tiers of raiding? Sure. Are they the sole thing that determines the competitiveness of a guild? Probably not. But you generally have blinders on for what happens before you and a megaphone full of bile spew for that which comes after you. That's bad for the raiding community. An example of which is in the first line of your post.

You have to beat us for that to apply.
    We have before. Have we routinely beat you to bosses over three tiers of raiding? No. But we've killed bosses before you have and completed a copious amount of game content before you. Overall Addiction has had more success in raid progression in this game than we have and that's fine. But it's confusing when you say things like "akylios was our only failure." So anything else someone beat you to means what then? I think it was described best when someone told me that "it doesn't matter if you beat Addiction it only matters if they beat you." (probably more accurate to replace Addiction with Vioarr but that was the original statement). I can see that being true for a lot of guilds as ego is a healthy thing to have and quite necessary to be competitive in general.

I think it's bad for the raid community when this is pretty much the party line at all times from you and people outside the raiding scene look in to see that anything they might accomplish will most likely get thrashed at some point by someone who feels an itch bully. As such, that's the lament from my "bad for the raid community" sentiment when people assume I raid with the same mentality or have an equal amount of utter disdain for all things not me.

It's funny, I wonder how much of your sudden hard on for Addiction hating is related to you recently acquiring Webejamin. I'd wager he is the sole example of all of this "they yell at me and make me sad" nonsense you're trying to pass off as commonplace. Please tell me who else because at this point I'm inclined to side with you assuming based off of the word of one of our past applicants that was a failure and "quit" when he realized he wasn't going to make it. Since then he has been passed around like a drunk white girl in a Tyler the Creator video being an applicant to more guilds in this game than I have in the last decade.
    My original run down of Addiction came from puddn/jonchron and I haven't grilled anyone in particular about it since then. I've had maybe half a dozen anecdotes from people from HK until now, most of whom no longer play the game, that echo the original summary so nothing has really updated me on the modern Addiction. Your reaction to not being in podcast was to lash out at the organizer while simultaneously claiming you don't care and think its stupid but still want that person to recognize you as a top raider. This is all despite the fact that a guy who was routinely involved in the podcast MTs for you guild but cannot apparently talk to anyone one of the individuals on your list of officers about it and seems to only communicate to you through the public forums despite your exhaustive methods of communication (#1 most comprehensive list NA for sure). Then you sent me a picture of yourself flipping off the camera so the puzzle pieces are fitting together quite nicely.
    Trinity - Greybriar - Top Guild?
    Bohr - Cleric - (Check out my stream)
    4/4 ToDQ Conq* :: 4/4 FT Conq* :: 5/5 EE Conq* :: 4/4 dat HM
    GP/DH/GsB/RoS/RoTP/HK/PF/ID Conq
    Rift Raid Progression/Parse Site :: www.topofrift.com :: Use it!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Holy epic post, Batman.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 05-06-2013 at 06:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast