+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Master Modes?

General of Telara

Default Master Modes?

I was wondering what people thought about master modes.Do people like them? Would people like to see them them in storm legion? would people do them if they were?

I personally would like to see some master modes at level 60. They were quite fun to do, a bit of a challenge and was some nice loots for lower geared people as well as providing ways of getting extra marks and just something else to do.

Also a Dev response would be great as to whether we might be getting them or not

Always wanted more master modes. The more challenging group content the better. They should have done master modes of every dungeon but of course it's a matter of developer resources.

One of the main issues with the master modes of DD and CR was the loot was abysmal. The drops were ok for MDD but MCR was a much greater challenge and time investment with the same drops and a nearly useless amount of marks.

Personally the loot has no bearing on whether I enjoy a dungeon, but you need 4 other people too.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 04-23-2013 at 11:28 AM.

I think I'd only like them if they were a different dungeon.

My personal opinion is that the prior mastermode, MDD was only more difficult in terms of how hard things hit, hp pool, etc, mechanics were only different in maybe 1 or two aspects. IF they are going to make R1 mastermodes, then they need to make it feel very very different from expert, and really feel like current R1 content.

NOTE: MM CR however felt a lot more different than the original, but not necessarily on all bosses.

1) Must include new territories within the dungeon to explore.
    2) Must include more challenging trash pulls
    3) Bosses should have atleast 3 more new mechanics to handle.
    4) Mayhaps add additional "phases" to various bosses
    5) Bosses need to drop a mark each, not just at the end.
    6) Make bosses a require versatility from your group members. You only have 5 peeps but should be able to access a variety of roles necessary to finish the dungeon.
    7) Make them difficult enough to warrent real progression, meaning it has a week lockout, and people may spend a couple/few weeks getting all the bosses killed, especially if they are fresh to R1s.

If its like MDD I will probably be bored.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Would not be interested in Master Modes at all. We don't need more stuff to grind and their time spent on content that will be cleared in 30 minutes.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 04-23-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Rift Disciple

I would love to see more Master Modes along the lines of MCR, basically five man raids: hard, large and fun.

Ascendant

Master modes are a waste of Trion resources.

They dumped a lot of time into mmCR development, and when they saw what a massive time/resource sink it was, they cancelled development of already ongoing mmDSM.

It is unlikely we will see master modes any time soon, if ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Proin Drakenzol View Post
    hard, large and fun.
    I don't mean to come across as a troll, but man. Too easy.
    Isadorable
    <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

As much as I would love to have some challenging master modes that I could actually get four other people in my casual guild to go in there I doubt it would ever happen for the reasons already mentioned. I am always looking for (legitimate) ways to improve my performance even if my schedule is not always suitable with raiding and I find that I feel like I am contributing more in smaller group settings because of this due to the very nature of it. I remember spending hours on Scarn because of people kept getting caught in the fire but it was still enjoyable since I don't mind wiping, just ask my expert healers. I enjoy testing just how much I can get away with pulling when I am with the healers in my guild to help determine limits which then give me a far greater sense of accomplishment than the loot itself when I (or, in the case of tanking and healing, we) surpass it. Master Modes would be a good way for me to really push myself.

I think we will see one in the future
    Waiting for 2.3 on PTS

I'm somewhat luke warm on master modes. I agree that they are likely a lot of time invested for little return. They aren't really going to be farmed since they can't offer gear that anyone would want long term and the currency they provide wouldn't entice me too much. However, if I get one I wouldn't complain, I just wouldn't really advocate for them to start development on MM if they weren't already in process.
    Last edited by cwharland; 04-23-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    Trinity - Greybriar - Top Guild?
    Bohr - Cleric - (Check out my stream)
    4/4 ToDQ Conq* :: 4/4 FT Conq* :: 5/5 EE Conq* :: 4/4 dat HM
    GP/DH/GsB/RoS/RoTP/HK/PF/ID Conq
    Rift Raid Progression/Parse Site :: www.topofrift.com :: Use it!

No.

Maybe after the T2 20 man. Assuming it is not cleared in the first week (and is not gated).
    "I killed and ate a girl in 1990." - Jacob 'Daglar' Daglarson
    "Nicold is the best mage EU" - Arthur "Noge" Nogenstein
    "Nicold is the best warrior NA" - James "RoughRaptors" Franco
    "Nicold carried <Virus> through ID" - Gary "Ogdru" Ogdruington
    "Nicold was my surrogate father." Wayne "Wayyyyyyne" Waynenstein

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    I think I'd only like them if they were a different dungeon.

My personal opinion is that the prior mastermode, MDD was only more difficult in terms of how hard things hit, hp pool, etc, mechanics were only different in maybe 1 or two aspects. IF they are going to make R1 mastermodes, then they need to make it feel very very different from expert, and really feel like current R1 content.

NOTE: MM CR however felt a lot more different than the original, but not necessarily on all bosses.

1) Must include new territories within the dungeon to explore.
    2) Must include more challenging trash pulls
    3) Bosses should have atleast 3 more new mechanics to handle.
    4) Mayhaps add additional "phases" to various bosses
    5) Bosses need to drop a mark each, not just at the end.
    6) Make bosses a require versatility from your group members. You only have 5 peeps but should be able to access a variety of roles necessary to finish the dungeon.
    7) Make them difficult enough to warrent real progression, meaning it has a week lockout, and people may spend a couple/few weeks getting all the bosses killed, especially if they are fresh to R1s.

If its like MDD I will probably be bored.
    That's also what Expert dungeons should be vs. normal modes, and most of the original Rift dungeons were. Unfortunately the Normal and Expert SL dungeons are almost identical. If they each had a master mode though which was challenging and interesting, I could accept it.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 04-24-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Plot twist: Trion adds a master mode. It's SBP. The only difference is that you don't get a mech suit.
    Last edited by Pork Star; 04-24-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    Plot twist: Trion adds a master mode. It's SBP. The only difference is that you don't get a mech suit.
    Honestly I would love a SBP master mode, provided they fix the biggest problem with the dungeon. Make the mech abilities less annoying to use and give them more satisfying animations/sound effects.

However my first choice for master mode upgrade is Empyrean Core.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 04-24-2013 at 11:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast