+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ianto Jones

Thread: Suggestion to fix the relic weapon "problem"

Default Suggestion to fix the relic weapon "problem"

As a DPS Rogue I have the option of a dropped dagger off of Crucia, and a dropped bow off of Regulos, with one other upgradeable dagger from Goloch. So each boss gives me one shot out of the entire loot table for my item to drop. Clerics or Mages on the other hand have Staves, 2 Hand Hammers, Totems, Main Hands, and Wands. On top of having multiple item types they have both healing and dps versions.

For the next tier is it not possible maybe to give players some options in their relic drops? Right now I feel part of the problem in drops is that there are so many choices for some classes and they still have to wait for the right drop, while others have fewer options and while their might be the same % chance at a drop in the loot pool for that singular item as a whole the chance is much lower.

My suggestion is cut down the amount of item types so there isn't as much of a flooded loot table and then have all relics upgrade with a vendor item. The upgrade item should treat the relics similar to how the current conquest trinkets work. With a multiple upgrade path system you could cut down the loot to a single of each item type and allow for dps/hps procs to be chosen by the player via the upgrade path they want.

This could possibly be expanded on further to some extent with tank items if more than 2 upgrade paths are possible. Example having only one cleric wand that would drop would free up both dps, heals, and tank wands from the pool and allow the system to have some RNG and some player choice. This would be especially nice since tank items are needed by a much smaller % of players in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepii View Post
    As a DPS Rogue I have the option of a dropped dagger off of Crucia, and a dropped bow off of Regulos, with one other upgradeable dagger from Goloch. So each boss gives me one shot out of the entire loot table for my item to drop. Clerics or Mages on the other hand have Staves, 2 Hand Hammers, Totems, Main Hands, and Wands. On top of having multiple item types they have both healing and dps versions.

For the next tier is it not possible maybe to give players some options in their relic drops? Right now I feel part of the problem in drops is that there are so many choices for some classes and they still have to wait for the right drop, while others have fewer options and while their might be the same % chance at a drop in the loot pool for that singular item as a whole the chance is much lower.

My suggestion is cut down the amount of item types so there isn't as much of a flooded loot table and then have all relics upgrade with a vendor item. The upgrade item should treat the relics similar to how the current conquest trinkets work. With a multiple upgrade path system you could cut down the loot to a single of each item type and allow for dps/hps procs to be chosen by the player via the upgrade path they want.

This could possibly be expanded on further to some extent with tank items if more than 2 upgrade paths are possible. Example having only one cleric wand that would drop would free up both dps, heals, and tank wands from the pool and allow the system to have some RNG and some player choice. This would be especially nice since tank items are needed by a much smaller % of players in a raid.
    3 upgrade paths are definitely possible as the adventure gear shoulders have 3 paths after their initial upgrade, tanking ones going to block/dodge/parry versions and dps ones going to AP.sp/cp/cc versions.

The only issue I see with having one item cover both tanking and dps/hps/whatever roles is that you may end up with a case where you get the initial item,but then can't turn it into a tank item until you get the relic upgrade. The other issue is Shields, as there aren't really any dps Shields and only 2 of the classes use them anyway. Perhaps the shield could start with only end and defensive stats and then upgrade to warrior or cleric specific from there.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

I've suggested a fix like this in the past multiple times - hopefully they'll start using upgradable system more next tier to cut down on loot table bloat and help people get the items they actually desire instead of being like me and other people who are waiting for 4+ months for the desired offhand to drop. Hearts are already wasting away in general - I don't think there'd be too much of a demand for them if a similar heart system was used in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosmeep View Post
    I've suggested a fix like this in the past multiple times - hopefully they'll start using upgradable system more next tier to cut down on loot table bloat and help people get the items they actually desire instead of being like me and other people who are waiting for 4+ months for the desired offhand to drop. Hearts are already wasting away in general - I don't think there'd be too much of a demand for them if a similar heart system was used in the future.
    Let's talk about Laethys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    </3 I think we got like 7 laethys staves in my old guild, all of the mages and most of the clerics have them. I'm sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I have a link that can help make sense of your experiences. I'm only here to help.
    Trinity - Greybriar - Top Guild?
    Bohr - Cleric - (Check out my stream)
    4/4 ToDQ Conq* :: 4/4 FT Conq* :: 5/5 EE Conq* :: 4/4 dat HM
    GP/DH/GsB/RoS/RoTP/HK/PF/ID Conq
    Rift Raid Progression/Parse Site :: www.topofrift.com :: Use it!

+ Reply to Thread