+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Raid Progression Tracker

  1. #1
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Raive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,918

    Default Raid Progression Tracker

    With Trion unable to provide us adequate feeds on a per kill basis outside of server first, running a raid progression tracking website has been a task that simply has not panned out in the rift raid community (I count 6 that have come and gone over the years). The nature of the beast is either you have an individual (or team of individuals) who go out and fetch all the data they can find and post their findings, or create a hub for guilds to post any and everything about their guild's raid progression voluntarily. Now without any form of official validation from Trion on this data, questions will always arise in terms of the honesty and integrity of the website.

    Well like all things, you have to start somewhere and build upon it. Enter www.topofrift.com. The site has a simple premise: help guilds promote their raid progression through screenshots, videos, kill rankings, etc etc, but most importantly, to have fun.

    Fast post....soon to follow up afterwards....

    #retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

  2. #2
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    Poor Raive, so little love for your work...

    You told me to say: 'This is the only American product I support', so I have. You owe me.

    Seriously though, Raive's worked hard for a fair while to make this site work, support him.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 04-15-2013 at 07:26 AM.
    Nope.

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara Eosmeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    741

    Default

    I poked around a little and I guess I'm confused at what the actual ranking is based off of? Like if you look at the overall ranking it has Trinity then Addiction, so I'm guessing it's counting conquerors achievements towards overall ranking? Is it based on time of boss kills or some point system?

    It just seems a bit wonky to count conquerors in to your total rank. Our guild for example would rather do HMs each week for upgrade tokens and teaching new people how to do the HM than do individual achievements on those bosses. Especially when the conqueror's rewards are so bleh. I don't even think we have ToDQ conqueror yet because it has no reward :|

    Looks pretty and easy to read/navigate though.

  4. #4
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Raive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eosmeep View Post
    I poked around a little and I guess I'm confused at what the actual ranking is based off of? Like if you look at the overall ranking it has Trinity then Addiction, so I'm guessing it's counting conquerors achievements towards overall ranking? Is it based on time of boss kills or some point system?

    It just seems a bit wonky to count conquerors in to your total rank. Our guild for example would rather do HMs each week for upgrade tokens and teaching new people how to do the HM than do individual achievements on those bosses. Especially when the conqueror's rewards are so bleh. I don't even think we have ToDQ conqueror yet because it has no reward :|

    Looks pretty and easy to read/navigate though.
    Well Primal called me out on my laziness for the initial standings. Right now it was the simple lazy sorting of PCT (Percentage of Cleared Tier), so a single sorting method which literally does no justice to the effort putinto the guilds. the PCT was a simple addition of progression, hard mode, and conq. But even primal can tell you i've had a hard time sitting on Conq as I do want it displayed as it is a selling point but it isn't "progression" persay. So it will get taken out of the equation however still be displayed (we want that matrairch achievement to be known!)

    The changes will be going to the test site in a lil bit to adjust the sorting to go from single criteria to multi criteria (far more appropriate), of progression and hard-modes. As for rankings based off of boss kills or point system. That will be under the Ranking module (which is currently turned off as it is already under test). I am having some fun with the previous Veev, Aeyths, and SSN systems. See if we can revive and have multiple lines up to see how from different perspective would it have panned out. Seeing as our community has yet to really settle on one ranking system....I say hell why not have multiple ones for display from the simple ones to the complex ones.

    But for short, it is being adjusted, as well as the dungeon and mob views to ensure accuracy. They will be patched in this evening.

    And if you insult Conquerors....sky and trunks will cut you....trust me, they cut me

    #retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

  5. #5
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Raive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Poor Raive, so little love for your work...

    You told me to say: 'This is the only American product I support', so I have. You owe me.

    Seriously though, Raive's worked hard for a fair while to make this site work, support him.
    The Primalthirst Seal of Approval.

    #retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

  6. #6
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Raive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,918

    Default

    Actually, I may have this pushed sooner....it does look a lot better....(that Aussie-logic is proven)

    #retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

  7. #7
    Shield of Telara Eosmeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Ha I didn't mean to insult conq., but if they put some effort for the rewards we likely would have more people pushing to do them instead of hardmodes.

    Like if there was a regulosy death raptor mount for conq. EE we would definitely have gotten that by now

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara Nerva3x0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eosmeep View Post
    Ha I didn't mean to insult conq., but if they put some effort for the rewards we likely would have more people pushing to do them instead of hardmodes.

    Like if there was a regulosy death raptor mount for conq. EE we would definitely have gotten that by now
    I agree, I have no desire to try of conqueror for EE or FT. But, I really dont care about "achievements" in games never really have.
    ...∞...
    Nerva@Deepwood

  9. #9
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Raive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerva3x0 View Post
    I agree, I have no desire to try of conqueror for EE or FT. But, I really dont care about "achievements" in games never really have.
    Oh I agree, ask anyone, i am the most anti-achieve person in game. Just dont let Sky know I said that.

    #retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

  10. #10
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Raive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,918

    Default

    Guild sorting criteria has been altered based on the feedback here. Conquerors has been removed from the equation however will remain apart of the PCT (as it just shows how much of the content in its entirety has been cleared).

    I will say, it does look alot better now. AussieDudeBro seal of approval.

    #retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

  11. #11
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Raive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,918

    Default

    But as always, thank you for the feedback. If there are any other "funzies" that can help one promote his or her's guild raid progression, I'm all ears.

    #retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

  12. #12
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Raive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,918

    Default

    More hotfixes added in for sorting and table alignments. Additional code is being added in for those euros who want their kills to be repped correctly. Don't worry guys much love headed that way!. Grim Awakening data has been added as well (but obviously you can't add, silly PTS kills)

    #retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

  13. #13
    Shield of Telara Nerva3x0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Tried to send you a PM, but your mailbox if full. Would like to get my guild included on the site. We are already on the other google doc thing, and used to be called Covenant of the Phoenix. If you need screens or some form of proof let me know. We are 9/9 and 1 HM atm.
    ...∞...
    Nerva@Deepwood

  14. #14
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerva3x0 View Post
    Tried to send you a PM, but your mailbox if full. Would like to get my guild included on the site. We are already on the other google doc thing, and used to be called Covenant of the Phoenix. If you need screens or some form of proof let me know. We are 9/9 and 1 HM atm.
    Sign yourself up on the site and submit the kills with screenshots. Raive isn't entering the data himself, you need to do it.
    Nope.

  15. #15
    Shield of Telara Nerva3x0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Sign yourself up on the site and submit the kills with screenshots. Raive isn't entering the data himself, you need to do it.
    TY, probably would have known that if I looked around a little lol.
    ...∞...
    Nerva@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts