+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Regulos kite boss borked in last hotfix?

Default Regulos kite boss borked in last hotfix?

Was wondering if anyone else had the issue of the kite boss on regulos hitting for 50k+ (crits), this is not something we had experienced before. We normally have a cleric and a chloro do the job but last night (after several one shots on the poor chloro) we had to start using 2 clerics with 400+ toughness.

Adding toughness eliminated the one-shots but seems like an odd change if it was intended. Unless trion was trying to require real tanks on that platform (using the bridge bum-rush strat), would be hard for a newly-progressing guild to field 3 tanks and 2 400+ toughness clerics.
    4/4 Grim Awakening - 4/4 Hard Modes - Recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbercubes View Post
    Was wondering if anyone else had the issue of the kite boss on regulos hitting for 50k+ (crits), this is not something we had experienced before. We normally have a cleric and a chloro do the job but last night (after several one shots on the poor chloro) we had to start using 2 clerics with 400+ toughness.

Adding toughness eliminated the one-shots but seems like an odd change if it was intended. Unless trion was trying to require real tanks on that platform (using the bridge bum-rush strat), would be hard for a newly-progressing guild to field 3 tanks and 2 400+ toughness clerics.
    Yes we actually had this happen to us last night - was going to post about it but then I forgot. Our cleric facing this issue had to put on a bunch of toughness gear and keep popping cooldowns on himself to keep it from killing him. Something is definitely out of whack. It may be a change trying to force an actual tank to be on that platform? However this is unlike trion because it's technically "buffing" the encounter.
    Last edited by Eosmeep; 04-12-2013 at 01:54 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Same experience, our non-tank kiter got one shot by a crit. Ended up putting on some toughness gear and it was fine.

Same thing happened to our kiters. Glad to know it wasn't only us that had that issue(not really an issue but rather annoying).

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

I didn't notice anything too odd. I solo it every week as a 61 Defiler and I think the biggest crit I had was 13,996. Not wearing any toughness gear either. 2nd platform is done by a tank, so I'm sure the numbers I included below will be a bit skewed because of that.

It did feel like the damage output was higher than average last night because I had to pop a CD at one point.

Last night (both kite phases)

Code:
     Ability		Damage Done	Hits		
    		Total	%		#      Avg	  Total		
    Attack		91,504	69.56%		23     3,751.09	86,275
    Spinal Wound	40,052	30.44%		12     3,337.67	40,052
    Last week:
    Code:
     Ability		Damage Done	Hits		
    		Total	%		#      Avg	  Total		
    Attack		77,863	71.66%		25    3,114.52	77,863
    Spinal Wound	30,789	28.34%		12    2,565.75	30,789
    Last edited by Riane; 04-12-2013 at 06:11 PM.

If this was the case we didn't even notice since we have tanks do it anyway.
    Nope.

Plane Touched

Pretty sure this stealth change was just so the Devs could go, see you needed all those relic cleric tank wands and shields.

No issues last night with 2x clerics alternating (non-tanks) platform 2 last night with non-toughness gear. This included 1 fail attempt sub 25% so 4x platform 2 kills
    Cherrybomb
    <Lucidium> GM/Raid Leader
    BOB: 8/8+HM | RoF: 4/4x2+RA | T1: 5/5 NA#3/WR#4
    RETIRED Q1 2015

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

The purifier healer (which was me; the one who eosmeep was referring to!) was having some annoying issues on the shambling mini-boss. The defiler healer didn't appear to have these issues, unless i was seeing things.

Previously was being hit for 48 to 55k critical hits. I put on two 125 toughness pieces, and went on my way. When i did get crit, was being hit for 22-24k with toughness. In addition to utilizing most (read:all but one) of my CD's on the 54/22 puri/sent build. Seems this was a ninja change of some sort, alright... I will be sure to put more toughness on next week as a puri/sent! Apparently I am a semi-tank now.
    --BC

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    The purifier healer (which was me; the one who eosmeep was referring to!) was having some annoying issues on the shambling mini-boss. The defiler healer didn't appear to have these issues, unless i was seeing things.

Previously was being hit for 48 to 55k critical hits. I put on two 125 toughness pieces, and went on my way. When i did get crit, was being hit for 22-24k with toughness. In addition to utilizing most (read:all but one) of my CD's on the 54/22 puri/sent build. Seems this was a ninja change of some sort, alright... I will be sure to put more toughness on next week as a puri/sent! Apparently I am a semi-tank now.
    Your just too squishy! ^_^

I did it as sent and our puri did it just fine. Had nothing more than a 13k crit

Is there any reason not to do it with tank actually?

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    If you don't want to zerg the bridge boss but engage him right away =)
    Trinity - Greybriar - Top Guild?
    Bohr - Cleric - (Check out my stream)
    4/4 ToDQ Conq* :: 4/4 FT Conq* :: 5/5 EE Conq* :: 4/4 dat HM
    GP/DH/GsB/RoS/RoTP/HK/PF/ID Conq
    Rift Raid Progression/Parse Site :: www.topofrift.com :: Use it!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    3 tanks, 3 mini bosses. You can't fight the same mini-boss again on the second portal phase.

Portal Phase 1
    Tank A - Sic
    Tank B - Rune King
    Tank C - twiddles thumbs
    Good Healer Player - Shamble Boss

Portal Phase 2
    Tank A - Rune King
    Tank B - Sic
    Tank C - Shamble Boss
    Good Healer Player - Help heal cursed blows on Sic.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

When NQ did progression people got crit quite frequently.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    When NQ did progression tanks were re-summoned frequently.
    Fixed that right up for ya.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast