+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Halvon
  • 2 Post By RoughRaptorsOld

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Gregori Krezlav - Double Death Blasts after the hotfix

Telaran

Default Gregori Krezlav - Double Death Blasts after the hotfix

The second boss in expert Deepstrike Mines, Gregori Krezlav, used to periodically shoot an ability called Death Blast, which did 5-6k to the tank. Since yesterday's hotfix, his Death Blast hits twice each time, for a total of 11-12k in one blow.

I encountered this multiple times when I fought him last night, and I've never seen this before. I go to this dungeon regularly. I'd be surprised if this kind of unannounced change would happen in a classic Rift dungeon, so I expect that it's a bug.

Feedback from a dev or anyone else who has noticed this would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Grimm View Post
    The second boss in expert Deepstrike Mines, Gregori Krezlav, used to periodically shoot an ability called Death Blast, which did 5-6k to the tank. Since yesterday's hotfix, his Death Blast hits twice each time, for a total of 11-12k in one blow.

I encountered this multiple times when I fought him last night, and I've never seen this before. I go to this dungeon regularly. I'd be surprised if this kind of unannounced change would happen in a classic Rift dungeon, so I expect that it's a bug.

As far as I can recall back when I ran DSM pre-SL, death blast has always hit twice. Perhaps the single-hit version you experienced was the bug and it was simply fixed. =P

Its a blue cast bar meant to be interrupted by the tank, or anyone else and should never be allowed to finish casting anyway. I'm pretty sure there's an achievement to that effect, which hints at the interruptability of said ability.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 04-11-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    As far as I can recall back when I ran DSM pre-SL, death blast has always hit twice. Perhaps the single-hit version you experienced was the bug and it was simply fixed. =P

Its a blue cast bar meant to be interrupted by the tank, or anyone else and should never be allowed to finish casting anyway. I'm pretty sure there's an achievement to that effect, which hints at the interruptability of said ability.
    I wondered about that, but I looked at the total damage quoted from some older online guides, and it was previously 5k - still a lot to take in one hit, by old school standards.

Whatever change they have done has doubled the damage. If they are tinkering with damage output on a two year old dungeon just now, unannounced, that would be a surprise.

I wondered about that, but I looked at the total damage quoted from some older online guides, and it was previously 5k - still a lot to take in one hit, by old school standards.

Whatever change they have done has doubled the damage. If they are tinkering with damage output on a two year old dungeon just now, unannounced, that would be a surprise.
    Unlikely to be intentional. The damage in a lot of old content went out of whack in 1.11, due to the complete restructuring of the soul system (which includes powers many enemies use) as well as the complete revamp of armor and resist values which necessitated a global adjustment to NPC damage. They've fixed them when mentioned so they might fix it, but you're supposed to interrupt it anyway so it doesn't matter too much.

Ascendant

Here's some feedback, get someone to interrupt the ability.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

We've not made any changes to this guy but I'll make some time to go check em out and bring Death Blast back in line.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

I checked him out and he is only doing roughly 4k more then average from what he used to do.
    His double hitting is intended and yes has always happened.
    He will be getting a slight adjustment for that one ability but its intended to hit hard. (Penalty for not interrupting it!)

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Halvon View Post
    (Penalty for not interrupting it!)
    Stop giving out strats.

There are legitimate bugs out there in live content which have not been fixed in months, but this thread got a dev to investigate some old-world content which the OP was not even interrupting mechanics?!

Common Trion/Devs!!! Let's pretend to use your limited resources on legitimate content fixes/updates. Thanks.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Boodie View Post
    There are legitimate bugs out there in live content which have not been fixed in months, but this thread got a dev to investigate some old-world content which the OP was not even interrupting mechanics?!

Common Trion/Devs!!! Let's pretend to use your limited resources on legitimate content fixes/updates. Thanks.
    I'm sure that if there were bugs in SL content which could be fixed by a single person looking at an ability that a boss uses, then adjusting said value... that it would be fixed just as quickly.

Unfortunately the vast majority of current bugs I'm aware of are either in the encounter scripting or mired in class soul trees.

y'know, the kind of things that can't be fixed by changing a value from "5k x 2" to "4k x 2"
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

+ Reply to Thread