+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: ETA on next 20man please

Rift Chaser

Default ETA on next 20man please

... been 6 months since release and getting abit bored with only 9 bosses to kill every week, hope I don't have to wait another 3+ months

Quote Originally Posted by dorfadin View Post
    ... been 6 months since release and getting abit bored with only 9 bosses to kill every week, hope I don't have to wait another 3+ months
    I would guess a bit longer than 3 months, probably 4-5, maybe 6.

You must not be still waiting on warrior relics.
    Kaybye ~

Rift Chaser

I think that we haven't heard one peep about even what direction lore-wise this will go (maybe the planes count, but I think that is more expansion-talk), it's likely going to be a while, unfortunately. I just hope the raiding player base can survive another half year or whatever without a new raid. My guess is that they won't, sadly.
    Last edited by JorlynEndless; 04-10-2013 at 07:52 AM.
    Jorlyn, Warrior Tank
    Tabula Rasa, Laethys
    9/9 4/4 HM (World 6th), EE Conqueror (World 1st)
    Watch Tabula Rasa Raids here!
    Check out our recruitment thread here!

Hardmodes easily fill that gap. I mean, it only took like 3 hours for them to get cleared after their release on live, which is plenty of challenging content to work on until the next tier.

Seriously though, I hope that when Trion releases the next 20-man, it will be as great or greater than HK (minus the bugs). In my opinion, this will be the make-or-break for the raiding aspect of RIFT, but my faith is waning.

Quote Originally Posted by dorfadin View Post
    Faster than every other MMO in history isn't fast enough!

I hate you.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

They could have released the Hard Mode Kain atm as the normal version. Would that have kept people happy stuck on the second boss in EE for 6 months?

Plane Walker

HM Kain = Daglar suffering from a personality disorder.

"So not really sure how it died, i think that the plug may not have been fully in." - 'Dahanese

Wigglezzz | Cleric | World First Crucia Perfection | World Second Regulos | World First GA

Quote Originally Posted by Ironic View Post
    Hardmodes easily fill that gap. I mean, it only took like 3 hours for them to get cleared after their release on live, which is plenty of challenging content to work on until the next tier.

Seriously though, I hope that when Trion releases the next 20-man, it will be as great or greater than HK (minus the bugs). In my opinion, this will be the make-or-break for the raiding aspect of RIFT, but my faith is waning.
    Even if every encounter is as epic as the best of HK, EE, FT, and ID put together, I doubt you'd see enough of an influx of old players and new competitive players to really "revitalize" raiding in Rift. Just look at the guilds that are still "competing". Their numbers get lower and lower every time I get on here to see what's up. And, that's just what is known publicly. I know of a couple of people in high-end guilds that are just weathering the storm until something better comes out or they break and go raid in WoW.

In my opinion, I think they should just do away with 20man raiding and make all their raids 10man. The population is small enough to warrant serious discussion about this and, as we have seen before with 10man content(General Silgen), it can be very well made and challenging.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

I think there are plenty of guilds doing the 20 man content i think the big issue is that many of the guilds pushing content are running out of things to keep them occupied and hopefully the new 10 man in 2.3 will help curb that boredom then in 2.4 a kick *** 20 man comes out but who knows.

Personally now that defiance has launched time to revamp the raid staff and put them to work =P.

Commander of The Watch (http://thewatch.enjin.com)
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness". Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by ptorretta View Post
    Personally now that defiance has launched time to revamp the raid staff and put them to work =P.
    Who are these raid staff you speak of? As far as I know Cyzo and Halvon are the only developers of the dungeon team left working on Rift, and they have never worked on defiance or another game. I've been told Adam_decoy moved to work on archeage, and the rest of the dungeon team no longer work for Trion as far as I know.

It's one of the strangest moves i've seen in a long time cutting back their staff so much in such an important area, but I don't think Trion are stupid enough to think they can lay back and relax when it comes to raid content. I would say they either had the upcoming raids already designed well in advance, or Trion has other developers on hand assisting Cyzo and Halvon without our knowledge. Letting 3 quarters of your dungeon and raid design team go in a heavily PvE orientated game would just be stupid. Especially if they don't plan on replacing them.

notice how i said Revamp? meaning bring people to the raid staff ...

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness". Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by ptorretta View Post
    notice how i said Revamp? meaning bring people to the raid staff ...
    I'm trying to provoke a statement from Daglar reassuring us here. Keep your nose out of it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    Faster than every other MMO in history isn't fast enough!

I hate you.
    Maybe you have an odd definition of the word "history", but in a 6 month timeframe, WoW put out 1 raid release with 16 bosses and all across 3 difficulty levels, and then another raid release with 11 bosses across 3 difficulty levels and a 12th for hard mode only.

Rift has had 1 raiding tier with 13 bosses across 1 difficulty, and 4 of those with a hard mode in about two months less time.

Also, your avatar needs more squinting, like the old days.
    Last edited by Leif; 04-11-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

lol, oh we all agree, they need to "revamp" the raid staff and get back to work, this is a good game but damn running out of stuff to do and i enjoy raiding, thankfully we are taking our time (ie wiping like idjits on the twins).

But seriously for all of those on hard modes that is a bandaid ... they really need something to drive them.

Leif,

Blizzard also has a full staffed raid development team, and use a single raid for multiple skill level of raiding and gear to justify the diversity.
    Last edited by ptorretta; 04-11-2013 at 12:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast