+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Raiding consumables

Plane Touched

Default Raiding consumables

Heya, im here to point a problem with raid consumables.

Trion devs took a look at raid consumables when coming into Storm Legion, and especially the rift ones . They decided that they will all buff like the old elder tablets were doing, 15 mins buff for stats, which is really great for the warriors and mage who didnt have a consumable linked to their calling-main stat.

They also did the same for the seeds, which are buffing a certain amount of endurance during 15 minutes.

The problem we have at the moment, is the linked cooldowns some of these consumables are sharing.

Archaic tablets (60 wisdom / strength) are sharing their cooldown with the manapots, which isn't really a problem (not many callings will need a mana pot 2m30~ into a raid fight), but is still questionnable : tablets are giving 25 mana / 5 secs, which is really close to nothing.

More annoying : the petrified runes (60 intelligence / dexterity) are also applying a 3k5 selfshield, which last 2 minutes. They share their cooldown with the renewing seeds (70 endurance), for the reason (I figure) that these seeds give a 12 seconds hot that heals for 3k5 total.

For some of the raid encounters we have in the game at the moment, you got to have as much hp as possible. It basically means that 2 callings out of 4 (mage / rogue) can't use their main rift consumable if they want to use a renewing seed.

I'm pretty sure that's not really wanted by Trion, and could be fixed easily.

Remove the shared cooldowns would be the easiest way to do it. If you think that that would ruin the whole balance of the game (lol), then disable shared cooldowns when they are used out of combat before a fight, let's say, since it tends to be their main purpose now.

Thx Trion.

Ps : english isn't my first language, sorry for the obvious mistakes that i can't see.

Pps : before anyone says it, i know that u can trick it with the PA consumables (that for some reason don't share cooldowns). That's only once every 30 mins tho.
    Apotheosys

Raid consumables and Raid buffs have always been horribly set up in terms of what does and does not stack.

Raid buffs are much harder to tweak then consumables, so i agree 100% with your points and hope Trion looks into it.

In addition... i would like to see the following things tweaked.

Reduce the cooldown of the PA consumable base items (tablet, rune, etc.) from 30 min to 15 min. You would still need the rift dropped ones for raiding, but this would take some of the strain off the raiders as it would both cool the market and allow less rift dropped ones to be used. The other option to this would be to make them last through death but i doubt that will be changed.

Increase the bump up from excellent to stellar. It is INSANELY stupid that stellar is such a minor bump up from excellent when you factor in the mat cost. For example.. 5 stat differences should be bumped up to at least 15.

Add an additional level of "healing pots". With HP pushing higher as folks gear up... it is my opinion that there should be an additional level of healing pots above the current highest. Mana is capped so its less of a concern although i do think the strait mana pots are a bit weak.

Plane Touched

I'll just update this post until we get an answer from Trion, or atleast an acknowledgment.
    Apotheosys

The PA version of these consumables do not share a cool down, so you can easily apply a renewing seed + petrifying rune at the same time.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Boodie View Post
    The PA version of these consumables do not share a cool down, so you can easily apply a renewing seed + petrifying rune at the same time.
    True but they are 30 min CD's and dont last though death. Soooooooo......... not exactly viable.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ingor View Post
    Pps : before anyone says it, i know that u can trick it with the PA consumables (that for some reason don't share cooldowns). That's only once every 30 mins tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boodie View Post

Thanks for the post anyway, it keeps it at the top ;).
    Last edited by Ingor; 04-09-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    Apotheosys

Plane Walker

Thanks for the post anyway, it keeps it at the top ;).
    hope this helps you love

"So not really sure how it died, i think that the plug may not have been fully in." - 'Dahanese

Wigglezzz | Cleric | World First Crucia Perfection | World Second Regulos | World First GA

If anyone from Trion replies to this, it will go a little something like this:

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, we just don't have the staff left to implement anything.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at DGAF@riftgame.org

Bumping, because the OP is absolutely correct, and his English is perfect.

Plane Walker

Due to the 30m CD, I never saw these as raid buffs.
    Make them last through death and allow only 1 to be active at a time - then you have raid buffs.
    -------------------------
    [eXile] Allillos - Mage - Zaviel

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    Bumping, because the OP is absolutely correct, and his English is perfect.
    Is it sarcastic ?

Thanks all for the comments anyway .
    Apotheosys

Is it sarcastic ?
    Not at all; your written English is far better than that of most native-speaking posters here.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    Not at all; your written English is far better than that of most native-speaking posters here.
    Thank you .
    Apotheosys

Make PA consumables persist through death (and don't change their cooldown.) I'd be fine with that.

Season finale Spartacus tonight!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast