+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Salazar666
  • 1 Post By Pixel Monkey

Thread: Need a DO NOT GROUP List for Random Experts

Shadowlander

Default Need a DO NOT GROUP List for Random Experts

First off let me say that I am not a snob, don't mind wiping a fair amount on bosses where a new healer/tank is learning the mechanics. I also don't mind the dungeons taking a while if the dps is low.

That said, some people who are very bad at their roles are not very considerate, don't take advice, and refuse to switch roles so that the group can move on. We should be able to have a list of people who we are not willing to group with on random dungeons.

I am aware that you can drop after the cooldown timer for the random dungeon expires, but that means you've wasted that time with a group you know in the first place will be unable to complete the dungeon, and after you drop and requeue there is no guarantee that you will not be put right back with them as they will be searching for a replacement that fits the spot you just left. Then you are really screwed.

People take time to get better, and I'd be fine if the list only blocked you from grouping with the person again for a period of a few weeks, as people can and do improve with time, but the way things are now, I've gotten a certain tank/healer combo a few times in which the tank is just insufferable. (I queue hps/support/dps, so its not as if I don't cast a wide net for groups).

put them on ignore
    World first Maelforge! -World First Cyril kalmar! -World Second Murdantix! - World second Laethys!

Oh some off-site forums for Eq2, people started forming Blacklists for pugs.

ie. people who ninja leave, play their toon to an absurdly bad degree, complete jerks, people who steal loot, greedy people. Basically any common reason that would generally fend off masses from wanting to group with them.

We would make a suck list and good list.

multiple nominations for the suck list would earn +'s!

This is a sad reality of grouping with strangers in MMO's. I loved the suck list.

Don't think this forum will support such a thing but, there are other Rift forums that would!
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-07-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Salazar666 View Post
    put them on ignore
    Does that prevent random que from grouping you with them?

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdRevelation View Post
    Its supposed to.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

Champion

It's way too easy to change your name for such a list to work.

yes

/10char

It was a feature built into the system shortly after LFG went live.

You will not get grouped with anyone you put on ignore.

Those really terrible players with horrible attitudes will eventually find themselves on more and more people's ignore lists =P kind of naturally blacklisting themselves over time.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 04-08-2013 at 11:39 PM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Ascendant

Isn't that what vote-kick is for?

FFS, grow thicker skin, randoms don't last that long, move on. Man/woman up.

Or ask to be vote-kicked if you really don't want to be there, and be mature enough to say why:

- i.e. 'Hey, guys, sorry, please vote-kick me, I have played in randoms with so-and-so, and am not comfortable with his/her play style/abilities/whatever, thanks".

That in itself may be all it takes to have that person leave on their own.

Geesh, /ignore list - face it off ffs.

Why do i need to ask for a votekick, if i can simply put the stupids on ignore? I don't need to man up if they don't need to grow up.
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ymirson View Post
    Why do i need to ask for a votekick, if i can simply put the stupids on ignore? I don't need to man up if they don't need to grow up.
    Yeah, this thread is pretty pointless now that I know the /ignore prevents you from being queued with the person.

As a tank with instant dungeon queue times and with like apparently 80% of the players being DPS with like 30-60 min dungeon queue times... well.. it brings a smile to my face to place inconsiderate DPS on ignore.... because I know I won't be dragging them through again but more importantly their queue time just went up substantially.

I love /ignore more than many of you will ever know... it's near instant punishment to people if you play a tank.
    Shatterbone Server
    Guardian w/ 780+ Attunements
    Donnaccia - Warrior - lvl 60 Kimchi - Mage - lvl 60
    SadKeanu - Cleric - lvl 55 Bieber - Rogue - lvl 50
    Skoshi - Warrior - lvl 50

put me on it bro
    i go out of my way to group with noobs
    wouldnt want to get stuck with a pro like you

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Oh some off-site forums for Eq2, people started forming Blacklists for pugs.

ie. people who ninja leave, play their toon to an absurdly bad degree, complete jerks, people who steal loot, greedy people. Basically any common reason that would generally fend off masses from wanting to group with them.

We would make a suck list and good list.

multiple nominations for the suck list would earn +'s!

This is a sad reality of grouping with strangers in MMO's. I loved the suck list.

Don't think this forum will support such a thing but, there are other Rift forums that would!
    All the things players were blacklisted for in EQ2, are common place in Rift it seems.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    All the things players were blacklisted for in EQ2, are common place in Rift it seems.
    And it's most our fault, because whenever some ****** started "trolling" (you know, the 4chan style...) on the world chat, we just sat aside, ignored them. They only got bold and more and more people joined the party. And it spread everywhere in the game, because it was always obvious they could get away with whatever crap they were up to. RIFT used to have the best community I ever see in a MMO, now I say it's as bad as WoW, with the difference of that in WoW they don't spam the world chat with "RIFt was the first MMO!".

+ Reply to Thread