+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HM Prog Question for mini-boss 4 & 5

Shield of Telara

Default HM Prog Question for mini-boss 4 & 5

When we get to mini boss 4 & 5 and kite them around together, can the RB warriors AoE on the bosses? Or, does their AoE only do 10% of the base damage to the shield? I know tacticians do 100% damage with their AoE to the shields, but someone told me this was bugged and tacticians were the only ones doing 100% damage on shields with AoE abilities. Is this true that warrior AoE abilities are nerfed to the tune of 10% when the shield is up?
    Last edited by Attillaa; 04-05-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Rift Chaser

I have heard this, but I'm not sure if it is the case. Since you have to keep their HP close-ish (10% max apart I think), we just assign specific DPS to each one and have a couple people flop back and forth that are good at target switching. Never have an issue with getting the shield down in time during this part. We also don't kite them around, just slight movement out of the purple AoE on the ground as needed to give people clean space to run in for Twisted Redesign.
    Jorlyn, Warrior Tank
    Tabula Rasa, Laethys
    9/9 4/4 HM (World 6th), EE Conqueror (World 1st)
    Watch Tabula Rasa Raids here!
    Check out our recruitment thread here!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by JorlynEndless View Post
    I have heard this, but I'm not sure if it is the case. Since you have to keep their HP close-ish (10% max apart I think), we just assign specific DPS to each one and have a couple people flop back and forth that are good at target switching. Never have an issue with getting the shield down in time during this part. We also don't kite them around, just slight movement out of the purple AoE on the ground as needed to give people clean space to run in for Twisted Redesign.
    Thanks Jorlyn. Yeah, we do the same thing in regards to movement. Our first kill we had the warriors and tacts aoe'ing and ~ 4 dps assigned per boss. We never even switched for shields and killed them without a problem. Since that point, we have had a bit of trouble with shields on 4 & 5 (in addition to failing at other mechanics). I guess I need to start paying attention to whether my AoE damage is reduced on the shield and, if so, single target dps and switch for the shields.

+ Reply to Thread